NFC Championship Games

Chawker

Reaction score
In both 2013 and 2014 we played the 49ers and the packers here in Seattle. With a slow start in both game our mighty hawks came roaring back to win both games. While trailing at half in both games 10-3 to the 49ers in 2013 and 16-0 to the packers in 2014.

Question 1: Could we have won a come back on the road ?

Question 2: If not could the 49ers in 2013 gone on to have beaten the Broncos, and could the Packers have beaten the Pats in 2014 ?

In 2013 against the 49ers you remember R.W. telling Lynch "they can't stop you, run it right at them". Thats how they turned that game around. And in 2014 R.W. had given up 4 ints 2 to haha clinton dixs and it should have been 3 but he drop one.

This leads me to my final thought.

Question 3: If given the chance could this team win on the road and win the superbowl ?
Cheers

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Chawker":1ya27gm1 said:
In both 2013 and 2014 we played the 49ers and the packers here in Seattle. With a slow start in both game our mighty hawks came roaring back to win both games. While trailing at half in both games 10-3 to the 49ers in 2013 and 16-0 to the packers in 2014.

Question 2: If not could the 49ers in 2013 gone on to have beaten the Broncos, and could the Packers have beaten the Pats in 2014 ?

In 2013 against the 49ers you remember R.W. telling Lynch "they can't stop you, run it right at them". Thats how they turned that game around. And in 2014 R.W. had given up 4 ints 2 to haha clinton dixs and it should have been 3 but he drop one.

Question 3: If given the chance could this team win on the road and win the superbowl ?
Cheers

Winning in the regular season is hard. Winning in the playoffs is harder. Winning on the road in the Playoffs is hardest. But certainly not impossible.

Of course if you are asking if the current version of the Seahawks could win on the road in the playoffs then I'd say, "yes but unlikely." We aren't that good this year. We are a decent team. Rams, Saints, Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers, Chargers are the good teams. We are in the mid tier with Carolina, GB, Chicago, Minn, Dallas, Wash, Philly.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawks had a defense that could survive Russ' slow starts. Where the Hawks go this year is really on Russ. The Panther game is a playoff game. If Russ plays well the Hawks can win the game. A loss will seriously hurt their playoff hopes. Russ needs to drink some coffee and wake up and get going early.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Chawker":qgmbdoib said:

Cheers

It's the only option I see at this point. So, let's see how this works itself out.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Seafan":1adn9dp7 said:
Hawks had a defense that could survive Russ' slow starts. Where the Hawks go this year is really on Russ. The Panther game is a playoff game. If Russ plays well the Hawks can win the game. A loss will seriously hurt their playoff hopes. Russ needs to drink some coffee and wake up and get going early.

Lmao ya I mean Russ made the rams punt like 5 times in the 2 games we played. Our qb has not been the problem

raisethe3

Reaction score
Question 1: Could we have won a come back on the road ? Which one? Green Bay, no. S.F. yes maybe.

Question 2:If not could the 49ers in 2013 gone on to have beaten the Broncos, and could the Packers have beaten the Pats in 2014 ? 49ers would probably beat the Broncos in almost similar fashion to the Super Bowl 48 the way we did.

Packers could very well beat the Pats in 2014, if Rodgers is on his game. But then, again, its hard.

49ers game on the road- yes Super Bowl- yes

Packers game on the road- no Super Bowl- wouldn't be there.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I look at the 49er game from a different view. In the 1st half Kaep was eating our lunch both on the ground and in the air. A Defensive adjustment at the half corrected the problem. IIRC, Pete put Wags on Kaep at a scout.

chris98251

Reaction score
This team is pretty Young, I think the London trip may have been good for them in this sense, the mind set is different for playoff games, everything is up a notch or two and Young teams running into a Vet team that has been in the playoffs are usually reeling from the physical aspect and intensity out of the gate and lose because of that. Takes a half to get their head on straight and to raise the bar to match the competition. By then it's playing catch many times in a hostile environment.

That's the learning to win aspect we need to see if this team still has.