Trey Flowers Might Have Saved Our Season

Smellyman

Reaction score
Amen. that was an easy first and they could basically run out the clock

sutz

Reaction score
Smellyman":mce9zum2 said:
Amen. that was an easy first and they could basically run out the clock
And it would have been a much easier field goal.

Go Flowers! :irishdrinkers:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Lot of clutch plays at the end. 4th and 3 bomb to Moore. Defense stiffening at the 40. Wilson 3 rd and long heave to Lockett. SeaBass putting it right through the middle.

Could have been easier if we’d have corralled one of those fumbles. 0/5 is ridiculous bad luck.

toffee

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2zs0sxof said:
He's on his way to becoming a probowl caliber Corner.

from a distance, Flowers sure looked like Sherm, make that Sherm without that mouth,

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Offense won us this game. The defense did the bare minimum but today was not a good day for them. Nice pick by McDougald, but I’m not patting them on the back after getting gashed again and again

mikeak

Reaction score
Scorpion05":v9ivuwet said:
Offense won us this game. The defense did the bare minimum but today was not a good day for them. Nice pick by McDougald, but I’m not patting them on the back after getting gashed again and again

Let's not ignore five forced fumbles. Five and unlucky on every bounce. I mean the one was in Wagner's hands on the ground

Three inside the red zone trips that led to three points. One third down TD throw on a pick play

Panthers moved the ball at will, but the defense was HUGE in the redzone

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3rodv6sp said:
Lot of clutch plays at the end. 4th and 3 bomb to Moore. Defense stiffening at the 40. Wilson 3 rd and long heave to Lockett. SeaBass putting it right through the middle.

Could have been easier if we’d have corralled one of those fumbles. 0/5 is ridiculous bad luck.

Not all bad luck. Often other defenders weren't looking for the fumble and if they had been it would have been an easy Seahawk's recovery. Twice it bounced right through a Seahawk's arms without him being aware it was there.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1yqakvrw said:

I'm not arguing that the defense played well; I'd give them a C-/D+ at absolute best today, but I wanted to recognize Flowers for a ridiculously clutch tackle that we might have lost the game without. I've seen a lot of more experienced players miss in that situation.

Too bad we don't have a pass-rushing version of Flowers on the roster somewhere. We really, really need someone to step up there.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Today's game was a showing of forward movement by the defense. I think they have shown that they are capable of big things. And it seems as if those big things are right around the corner.

I can't help but think about the additions that will come this off season coupled with the experience the current group is getting.

It's truly a good feeling watching this team grow again.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That play by Flowers was so clutch... Awesome, big-time play for a Rookie!
Just can't say enough good things about that play. Miss that tackle, and this game is an L for sure.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I see a lot of young Sherm in his play. He has a couple routes that he struggles with but is crazy fast, a great tackler, and has perfect size for the scheme. Shaq’s Regression is pretty disappointing, he’s look quite bad this season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":255gwm54 said:
Scorpion05":255gwm54 said:

Let's not ignore five forced fumbles. Five and unlucky on every bounce. I mean the one was in Wagner's hands on the ground

Three inside the red zone trips that led to three points. One third down TD throw on a pick play

Panthers moved the ball at will, but the defense was HUGE in the redzone

Both O & D came thru for the win in the 4th quarter, color me impressed with the WHOLE TEAM today. :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :0190l:

toffee

Reaction score
mistaowen":o3q3e9ei said:
I see a lot of young Sherm in his play. He has a couple routes that he struggles with but is crazy fast, a great tackler, and has perfect size for the scheme. Shaq’s Regression is pretty disappointing, he’s look quite bad this season.

I am equally surprosed by Shaq's regression.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
toffee":3bctt80m said:
mistaowen":3bctt80m said:

I am equally surprosed by Shaq's regression.

Huge play by Flowers.....I had a feeling that Gano was going to miss it once they got the stop.

As for Shaquille, I think he is distracted by his brother being on the team with him. They are getting a lot of attention off the field and it seems he's not as focused. Plus he's also learning to play a new position from last year could have something to do with it too. But all in all, not having Thomas back there is hurting the whole secondary. They have not played well on a consistent basis since he got injured.