Team Effort

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Normally a person can say this game was on XXX player. With the exception or Russ, it was a 100% team effort. Thanks for a great game! Seriously

B-Wags was everywhere
Moore and Locker with CLUTCH catches
Flowers playing outstanding CB
Carson made gains where most wouldn’t, and lanes on his feet
Mingo on Olsen in the Endzone
Seabass doing what Seabass does
Dickson doing what Dickson does
ADB when we needed him
And Pete for FANTASTIC Clock management at the end of the game.

Great team effort

nwHawk

Reaction score
And congrats to Malik Turner on his first NFL catch. Looked good on that catch, and might have lit a fire under David Moore.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bobby needs some help. Getting kendricks back would be like winning the lottery

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Smellyman":3c7dr3b4 said:
Bobby needs some help. Getting kendricks back would be like winning the lottery

I agree. Our LB play needs a bit of a boost. Luckily we get him back in time for our Monday night game against the Vikings.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Had the Seahawks lost though pretty sure the Wilson detractors would have solely put the defeat on his shoulders.

Dude can’t win without elite D or run game, lost his magic, etc.

People don’t care or forget how hard the NFL is.

In my head, years ago, just to comfort my own critical judgements, I broke winning down to three factors:

1. Active Talent + Coaching = Skill
2. Luck
3. Outside Influences (Officiating, HFA, Enviromental Factors)

A team can only control one of these, even then thats like a collective of 75+ individual players, coaches, and equipment guys who all have to work together to be competitive and on the same page to achieve maximum execution.

That’s how hard it is to win.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":10w4rlak said:
Had the Seahawks lost though pretty sure the Wilson detractors would have solely put the defeat on his shoulders.

Dude can’t win without elite D or run game, lost his magic, etc.

People don’t care or forget how hard the NFL is.

In my head, years ago, just to comfort my own critical judgements, I broke winning down to three factors:

1. Active Talent + Coaching = Skill
2. Luck
3. Outside Influences (Officiating, HFA, Enviromental Factors)

A team can only control one of these, even then thats like a collective of 75+ individual players, coaches, and equipment guys who all have to work together to be competitive and on the same page to achieve maximum execution.

That’s how hard it is to win.

Yup, if he misses that 4th and 3 TD to Moore, you're probably right about the reaction of Wilson detractors.
Russell did suck at times earlier this season, probably due to all the newness and change.
As the offense and O-Line gets more run under Schotty and Solari, it is such a pleasure watching them all get in sync and function as a competent NFL offense. Picking up blitzes, giving Wison an actual pocket and time, running backs no longer being consistently hit in the backfield, etc.

So it's probably unfair to say that Russell sucked at times earlier this season; more like, the whole thing was under contruction, wtih moments of "huh??" mixed in with moments of brilliance, and Russell working hard to make sense of it all, and the rest of the O mostly in the same boat.

Clearly, Russell was THE difference in this game. Interestingly, his scrambling played a somewhat *minor* role; it was a huge factor on the pass to Lockett that set up the GW field goal, but outside of that, IIRC, it felt to me like most of the big plays came from throws Russell made in the pocket.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ujrh8vo said:
Great list, but no mention of Russ?

Like I said, no one player with the exception of Russ could be singled out. He showed why he is elite. :2thumbs: I'm happy Cable is gone and he isn't running for his life anymore.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt about it, a real nice pocket in there for him yesterday. Even though he "can't throw from the pocket"
Meh, you get the point, I'm done trying to point out the obvious when it comes to Russ :2thumbs:

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I really like the fight in them.

Shaq Griffin struggled a little bit yesterday, but he didn’t let it get to his head as he chased McCaffery down showing great effort and the don’t give up attitude.

And, while the defense had a rough day, they forced 5 fumbles....the game wouldn’t be so close if we recovered a couple of them.

Offensive line. Sure, Carolina shut down our vaulted run game, but they gave Russ so much time in the 2nd half to throw dimes to Lockett and Moore.

Vannett caught several critical 3rd down passes too.

East coast, 10AM game. It’s been well documented that West coast team struggle with the 10AM games, but we won 2, not to mention the London game too.

Plenty to like about yesterday’s game.