Russ + Baldwin Chemistry

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it seem like the connection between Russ & Baldwin has been off.

With Lockett having a career year, it seems like Russ is missing Baldwin a lot. Obviously he's had some overthrows but it is peculiar that Russ seems to be hitting everyone but Baldwin lately.

Lockett is balling, but even then coming into the year you would have never been able to convince me he'd emerge as our best receiver.

pmedic920

Reaction score
My opinion is.....

For a while now, we (fans) have been begging for another solid option (aside from Angry D)

Now we have one.

I see no problem here.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Baldwin has been injured, has missed half the games, and the ones that he played in he was not 100%. This has not been his year, but I believe he will comeback stronger and make a huge impact.

knownone

Reaction score
Baldwin's been injured most of the season and he was questionable going into the game. Any lack of chemistry is probably due to a lack of reps more than anything else.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Baldwin is injured and Russ is more confident. That means he's more willing to look at other options.

It's all good. The team is playing well and is far more entertaining.

GO HAWKS!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Baldwin wasn’t moving that well today. Hope he didn’t aggravate anything.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
This is just like Lockett last year. Fans always seem to discount injuries as a source of a down year and try to blame it on other more nefarious issues. Baldwin's been pretty banged up all year. Mediocre season. Lockett's finally healthy and great season. Last year the reverse was true.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I agree Baldwin is injured, but their timing together is definitely off. I don't think it's just Russ simply always missing him. Compared to Lockett there's definitely some disconnect. Baldwin not getting enough pre-season reps may be a good explanation

chris98251

Reaction score
Baldwin injured probably has only a few plays that he can move in that isn't aggravating, he was on a screen where it was just catch in run in one instance, no cutting and quick twitch or having to block and strain the groin area as much. That hampers his ability to be effective and get open on other routes.

Let him heal and we will see him back to form, healing now going into the stretch could make the offense have another dimension that has not been seen much by other teams to plan for.

sutz

Reaction score
Doug caught 5 balls for 39 yards at 7.8 per.

Since he hasn't been on the field much, and was playing hurt again, I'd say that is a pretty decent game. He definitely helped the team out.

:2thumbs:

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yea he's been airmailing ADB a lot lately. Glad we got the W, but can't be leaving points on the field, when our D isn't as stout as it used to be.

Seymour

Reaction score
Baldwin's been injured, and is just now starting to feeling better. Russ has missed a couple to Doug, but that last one hit his hands and he's 5'10" so there is that too. They'll come around. TE has been stepping up also taking some targets.

getnasty

Reaction score
Last 2 weeks Russ has just flat out missed him by a mile on 2 easy touchdowns.

Steve2222

Reaction score
getnasty":3u2h5288 said:
Last 2 weeks Russ has just flat out missed him by a mile on 2 easy touchdowns.

To Russ’ credit, he had a defender in his lap when he threw high on Dougs wide open TD. Still made a catchable throw though. Just a little out of reach.

kidhawk

Reaction score
knownone":746j6zb3 said:
Baldwin's been injured most of the season and he was questionable going into the game. Any lack of chemistry is probably due to a lack of reps more than anything else.

Yup. There has definitely been a lack of chemistry this season and that comes from a lack of reps. Last week it seemed like they were starting to get some of that back and although it wasn’t the classic combo this week I still think they are making progress. I just hope they both stay healthy so they can continue to build on that

semiahmoo

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2ck6srs5 said:
Baldwin is on the decline.

He's fighting injury. Now if he keeps struggling with injuries then yes, he's on the decline.

Too early to pull that lever right now though...