Elite? Generational?

Rocket

Reaction score
The opposition was slowing the Q2 ground game, so Dange-russ went into "chuck it" mode, with winning results.

We run if it's successful early or if we wear on 'em... then turn him loose.
He turned well today.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Still blows my mind how so many people on this board don’t appreciate Wilsons greatness. He’s been our best player since 2012.

evergreen

Reaction score
That was vintage Russell. Just super clutch. A ton of big plays on 3rd or 4th even! We were missing that in the first half of the season but I guess that’s par for the course. He’s red hot now! Funny how our clutchness makes the opposition choke.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
We are a 2nd half team. 2nd half of games and 2nd half of seasons. If I'm not mistaken, Russ has one of the best December records in the NFL.
Yes, I know most of it was attributed to the D###, but this is Russ's team now. We just beat the Packers and Panthers and have our play off destiny in our own hands.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Rocket":2a9ix2jv said:
The opposition was slowing the Q2 ground game, so Dange-russ went into "chuck it" mode, with winning results.

He turned well today.

As much as I appreciate you Rocket, someone else has made a board post and claimed all RW elite talk. Sorry. :sarcasm_on:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
BigMeach":2i835ocw said:
Rocket":2i835ocw said:

He turned well today.

As much as I appreciate you Rocket, someone else has made a board post and claimed all RW elite talk. Sorry. :sarcasm_on:
Game manager

toffee

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3he4101j said:
BigMeach":3he4101j said:
Rocket":3he4101j said:

He turned well today.

Game manager

somewhat elite-ish game manager, but still too short and too white.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
toffee":wy6waqiz said:
Sox-n-Hawks":wy6waqiz said:
BigMeach":wy6waqiz said:
Rocket":wy6waqiz said:

He turned well today.

Game manager

somewhat elite-ish game manager, but still too short and too white.

Can’t win an early game on the east coast

semiahmoo

Reaction score
BigMeach":20l4ews5 said:
Rocket":20l4ews5 said:

He turned well today.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rocket":8owqcdsf said:

He turned well today.

I'm as hard on Russell as anyone on this board.....but he certainly didn't just go into "chuck it mode."

Once the first quarter was over and it was apparent that Carolina was stacking the box and not allowing our run game to get going, you saw Schotty and Russ start doing a lot of misdirection, out routes and play action to take shots downfield.

It was a great in game adjustment, give everyone credit. IMO it was Russell's best game of year.......and with the way our defense was giving up big plays all day, he needed to be 98% perfect, and he was.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yeah, he was awesome, he took over the game. Saw it second half of 2012, saw it second half of 2015, saw it most of 2013-2014. The thing is that Wilson disappeared for long stretches in 2016 and 2017. Hell this Wilson looks nothing like the pure garbage Wilson of week 1 and 2 of 2018. I like Wilson and he is really good, but when he disappears the team has no shot.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1jc64wr0 said:
Rocket":1jc64wr0 said:

He turned well today.

I'm as hard on Russell as anyone on this board.....but he certainly didn't just go into "chuck it mode."

Once the first quarter was over and it was apparent that Carolina was stacking the box and not allowing our run game to get going, you saw Schotty and Russ start doing a lot of misdirection, out routes and play action to take shots downfield.

It was a great in game adjustment, give everyone credit. IMO it was Russell's best game of year.......and with the way our defense was giving up big plays all day, he needed to be 98% perfect, and he was.

Agree. Give Wilson his due. He played one of his best games as a Seahawk and in ways that can't always be marked down as a stat. He's grown big time as a leader.

I won't even mention how shocked at how short he is when I stood next to him.

Huge hands.

HUGE.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yagjx5i3 said:

Good points. Schotty and Russ are in synch and you can see it, especially in this game when the running game was not working due to them stacking the box early and often. The guts and confidence in some of those passing plays (especially on 4th and 3) was textbook back breakers.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
sdog1981":a3i6h7r0 said:
Yeah, he was awesome, he took over the game. Saw it second half of 2012, saw it second half of 2015, saw it most of 2013-2014. The thing is that Wilson disappeared for long stretches in 2016 and 2017. Hell this Wilson looks nothing like the pure garbage Wilson of week 1 and 2 of 2018. I like Wilson and he is really good, but when he disappears the team has no shot.

The 2016 and 2017 Wilson had the tragedy of playing behind one of the worst coached OL in NFL history IMO. The fact that we still had winning records those years is a testament to Wilson and Pete's defense.

Dude accounted for 37 of 38 TD's last year for the offense. Running for his life half the time.

Every QB needs help, even the great ones. Give them an OL and a couple decent targets and they can rip you to shreds.

Once the team sorted themselves out, Wilson has been on point virtually every week especially in crunch time.