So Impressed With This 2018 Team!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
USA Today said 4-12 would be the best we could hope for.

Most the NFL world assumed this was a full rebuild year, what, losing the LOB...This team was in full rebuild mode, period.

Oh wait. There's these two guys. Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

I would put them both up as the most underrated coach and GM in the game over the past 5 years EASY.

It blows my brain how the media buys in to the simpleton story line. There's not much true analysis when it comes to the mainstream media. They look over the basic notes and go with it on camera. Problem is, eventually, a team like Seattle, will begin to make them look like the empty heads they really are. Now to give credit where it is due, there are former players that work for NFL Network that are smart men, giving the Seahawks their due all season long.

Mike Rob, of course. Former Seahawk but gets the dynamic of this team better than anyone.

David Carr I find is a fair analyst. Smart, doesn't seem to have any agenda.

Willie McGinest. I am not a huge fan just because he is such a s Patriot (obviously) his smugness is just enough to rub me wrong but to be fair he is very knowledgeable and when it comes to the Seahawks he tends to favor them and points out their strengths.

There are others but I digress. I know it takes a lot to get the attention of the national media but with each win, we are certainly getting there. We all like to be kept under the radar but with a big win in Carolina, that's gonna make some noise in the league, especially when so much is on the line for both teams.

We could easily be 8-3. E A S I L Y.

But we can play that song every year. Most teams can. The fact is, we are a solid 6-5. We have our destiny in our hands right now. What is it? 4 of the last 5 games at home? We control our destiny and isn't it grand?!

One game at a time. Every game is a championship opportunity. These mantras are only worth the power the players put into them. Lucky for us? The players all buy in. No more Shermans, no more Bennetts to rock the apple cart off the trail...

Just young, talented players who believe.

So impressed.

sutz

Reaction score
They have a few solid vets in the mix, too, Todd. ;)

BWags is his usual quiet force on D, and a true leader on the field.

Anyway, I certainly love the grit and steady presence; the ability to perform under pressure; to get back to winning the close games instead of losing them.

Pete can rah-rah all he wants, as long as he's teaching sound fundamentals and basic good football along with his pep talks.

:irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well said, and where ever we end up this year we should all be happy with what we have seen this team do this year, many knew we had players in the wings but not how they would turn out, this past year's draft had some gems that were not seen by most experts, Flowers being a big one and Dissley another, pity he got hurt.

If we can bring guys like Kendricks back long term and Mingo we will be poised for a great Draft set up. Think how well we have come together this season how ever it ends up, now next season we put the frosting on the cake with selected additions. We will not be looked past to the next week, in fact we are now being looked upon as a team that can ruin a lot of plans going forward.

This is a great position to be in, we get to see the possibility of lightning striking twice, I am sure the Rams and 49ers were not expecting it, both teams looked forward to dominating once our players moved on for a while. Oh well someone has to be disappointed, better they are then us.

toffee

Reaction score
Got to remember:

Seahawks lost their ways !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
This team is so much more enjoyable to watch than the past few seasons. Even with perhaps less talent, this year's squad is hungry, never gives up and you can just see offensive improvement every week. Run game not working quite as planned? No problem, Wilson, Lockett and Moore come up huge. So many clutch plays.

New guys every week are contributing with vital stops on D too-today Naz Jones, Flowers, McDougald. Just a truly exciting team and a joy to watch this year.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2j2l49fi said:
This team is so much more enjoyable to watch than the past few seasons. Even with perhaps less talent, this year's squad is hungry, never gives up and you can just see offensive improvement every week. Run game not working quite as planned? No problem, Wilson, Lockett and Moore come up huge. So many clutch plays.

New guys every week are contributing with vital stops on D too-today Naz Jones, Flowers, McDougald. Just a truly exciting team and a joy to watch this year.

You are so right. THIS team is so enjoyable to watch regardless of the warts. Gap control aside, this defense is CLOSE to being dominant. Another year perhaps. Our offense is stupid potent. Just so pleased with the growth we have seen in a "rebuild" year.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Aros":1cvkk38m said:
West TX Hawk":1cvkk38m said:

You are so right. THIS team is so enjoyable to watch regardless of the warts. Gap control aside, this defense is CLOSE to being dominant. Another year perhaps. Our offense is stupid potent. Just so pleased with the growth we have seen in a "rebuild" year.

Exactly!! Everyone wrote us off, said we would need time to get back to greatness.... :les:

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
It has been a pleasure to watch this team grow.
I adore and trust Pete's vision.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’m not ready to call Pete & John genius’s for finally riding our offense of Cable. Should have been done long ago! Last night’s network post game commentary all agreed that our OL play is a significant and unexpected improvement. Of course our young DB’s deserve to be part of the conversation as well.

Steve2222

Reaction score
To make matters better, Sherm is currently rotting on a 2-9 team and Bennett is playing for a team who won’t reach 500. lol oh karma is a b****

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team has no shot of making the playoffs. This team will win 4 games. This team will lose in Carolina.

Oh wait........ :irishdrinkers:

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I agree. This team is fun to watch. They have youthful energy...but with youth, there are mistakes.

Bit, they have a little fight in them. They have grit. They don’t give up. They’re trending in the right direction.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3h5961ho said:
I agree. This team is fun to watch. They have youthful energy...but with youth, there are mistakes.

Bit, they have a little fight in them. They have grit. They don’t give up. They’re trending in the right direction.

And with PC and RWs track record in December. It's time to watch some great football.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’m no scientist, but it’s funny how much “addition by subtraction” can be true.

PC/JS went straight Inquisitive and banished all the non-believers.

It looks like the fun is back. Woots!

I’m glad the team can just finally move on from Super Bowl 49. And all the distractions have more or less be absolved and this team can just battle with the other team rather each other or the coaching.

That’s what’s been most tiring over the last 3 years and it’s just super refreshing that all that drama isn’t a burden that’s going to hold the team back going forward.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":cfxp8pe5 said:
I’m no scientist, but it’s funny how much “addition by subtraction” can be true.

PC/JS went straight Inquisitive and banished all the non-believers.

It looks like the fun is back. Woots!

I’m glad the team can just finally move on from Super Bowl 49. And all the distractions have more or less be absolved and this team can just battle with the other team rather each other or the coaching.

That’s what’s been most tiring over the last 3 years and it’s just super refreshing that all that drama isn’t a burden that’s going to hold the team back going forward.

LOL, you meant "Inquisition," right? Sorry, thinking of PC/JS being inquisitive made me laugh.

I agree with you about the drama. I actually appreciate the individual humility of players making plays, but the fantastic group celebrations when they score.

Watching McCaf egging on the crowd for accolades when he scored, and the Cam Newton type of "me-first" attitude rubs me the wrong way. The contrast is No-E, whose celebration is A) give the ball to the ref, B) call all his teammates over for a pre-planned and well-choreographed creative celebration. Love it!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Very happy with where we are on Offense. Last year this team was hard to watch , horrible in the first half 3 and out over and over and over. Wilson did great considering what he had to work with but he was all we had last year. This year we have a better offensive line better WR's with Moore and Tyler getting rid of that P-Rich guy Carson iS healthy with Penny and Davis there's a lot to build around on offense .

sc85sis

Reaction score
Aros":1or3iniv said:
USA Today said 4-12 would be the best we could hope for.

Most the NFL world assumed this was a full rebuild year, what, losing the LOB...This team was in full rebuild mode, period.

Oh wait. There's these two guys. Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

I would put them both up as the most underrated coach and GM in the game over the past 5 years EASY.

It blows my brain how the media buys in to the simpleton story line. There's not much true analysis when it comes to the mainstream media. They look over the basic notes and go with it on camera. Problem is, eventually, a team like Seattle, will begin to make them look like the empty heads they really are. Now to give credit where it is due, there are former players that work for NFL Network that are smart men, giving the Seahawks their due all season long.

Mike Rob, of course. Former Seahawk but gets the dynamic of this team better than anyone.

David Carr I find is a fair analyst. Smart, doesn't seem to have any agenda.

Willie McGinest. I am not a huge fan just because he is such a s Patriot (obviously) his smugness is just enough to rub me wrong but to be fair he is very knowledgeable and when it comes to the Seahawks he tends to favor them and points out their strengths.

There are others but I digress. I know it takes a lot to get the attention of the national media but with each win, we are certainly getting there. We all like to be kept under the radar but with a big win in Carolina, that's gonna make some noise in the league, especially when so much is on the line for both teams.

We could easily be 8-3. E A S I L Y.

But we can play that song every year. Most teams can. The fact is, we are a solid 6-5. We have our destiny in our hands right now. What is it? 4 of the last 5 games at home? We control our destiny and isn't it grand?!

One game at a time. Every game is a championship opportunity. These mantras are only worth the power the players put into them. Lucky for us? The players all buy in. No more Shermans, no more Bennetts to rock the apple cart off the trail...

Just young, talented players who believe.

So impressed.

Willie is a Trojan. He loves Pete. :lol: He does try to be fair both ways though.