A few things...

slateman77

Reaction score
4 penalties for 36 yrds all game ....Not great but an improvement..!!
How the hell did the side judge not call a touchdown on Locketts TD when it clearly showed the ball never left the plane of the goal line.. Needed a review to get it correct.....Unfreakin" believable..!!
And...how can you lose to a team who has players named Captain and Corn..??
Great win no matter how you look at it...Just wish errin would have beat the Queens...

Heyseed

Reaction score
And why is the elderly working the Chain Set & Down Markers ?

kidhawk

Reaction score
As far as officiating is concerned I decided when they called Newton short on the 4th down in the 1st quarter that I wasn’t worried about biased officials. Sure there were some bad calls but they went both ways today and I think they held a lot of flags they could have thrown. This game was decided by the players on the field as it should have been. At least IMO

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Final quarter rolls around:
Russ pacing sidelines pumping up the team.
Chest-pounding Cam takes a seat. Appears pouty after the missed kick. Game wasnt even over yet.
So predictable...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Nice point. I was curious to see Cam's post-game interview, but Google isn't finding it; maybe he bailed on it today?
Wilson always shows up to interviews and gives a good effort, W or L. Glad he's our guy.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Slight off topic: Wow - Panthers fans commenting on that press conference - tough crowd!

Some are calling out their D Coordinator and want him fired - though he kept them in it despite losing two (three??) DBs, against Russ who was playing out of his skin.

Others - and I can't believe what I just read - are blaming McCaffrey for not being able to get the job done!! That's the same McCaffrey who we had absolutely NO answer for and scored twice!

I get lashing out after a loss, but come on... at least recognise the people that kept you in it to begin with.

Schuemansky

Reaction score
Just thinking.
Who between Sherman, Bennett, S. Richardson, Graham and Richardson will go to the playoffs?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Heyseed":2r85o4ou said:

This! I was wondering the same damn thing. Clearly they are not fast enough to get out of the way of any incoming freight train that may be headed their way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cam doing his stupid celebration with a good part of the 4th quarter left in the game, how'd that work out?
The throws from Russ were nails, yet again.
And how in the world did the Panthers fumble 5 times and recover ALL of them. I can't imagine a team getting more lucky than that.
The better team won, what a huge win that is for this team. Especially beating a team that was unbeaten at home, and the one team in over a month that shut our running game down to a point.
They dared us to throw the ball, and it bit them. Yet another tie breaker that could help at the end of the season.
4 of the final 5 games at HOME.
I really love our chances to make playoffs, especially after yesterday. In fact, I'll be disappointed if we don't make playoffs.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":6guja0rb said:
As far as officiating is concerned I decided when they called Newton short on the 4th down in the 1st quarter that I wasn’t worried about biased officials. Sure there were some bad calls but they went both ways today and I think they held a lot of flags they could have thrown. This game was decided by the players on the field as it should have been. At least IMO
With the exception of what I thought was a bogus PI call on Flowers, I thought the officiating was pretty decent. No real complaints from me.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":3q8l694x said:
Slight off topic: Wow - Panthers fans commenting on that press conference - tough crowd!

Some are calling out their D Coordinator and want him fired - though he kept them in it despite losing two (three??) DBs, against Russ who was playing out of his skin.

Others - and I can't believe what I just read - are blaming McCaffrey for not being able to get the job done!! That's the same McCaffrey who we had absolutely NO answer for and scored twice!

I get lashing out after a loss, but come on... at least recognise the people that kept you in it to begin with.
This does not sound dissimilar to this board.

Trade Wilson. Fire Pete. Why did we run? Why didn't we run? Sell the team to LA.

Ok, maybe not the last one.

Seymour

Reaction score
slateman77":2dxivw06 said:
4 penalties for 36 yrds all game ....Not great but an improvement..!!
How the hell did the side judge not call a touchdown on Locketts TD when it clearly showed the ball never left the plane of the goal line.. Needed a review to get it correct.....Unfreakin" believable..!!
And...how can you lose to a team who has players named Captain and Corn..??
Great win no matter how you look at it...Just wish errin would have beat the Queens...

His knees were down in the end zone, and he caught the ball on the endzone side of the line. There were refs on BOTH sides looking straight down the line and neither would call it! It was impossible NOT to be a touchdown! That shit pisses me off too!!! :x

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":314v9rq5 said:
uncle fester":314v9rq5 said:

This does not sound dissimilar to this board.

Trade Wilson. Fire Pete. Why did we run? Why didn't we run? Sell the team to LA.

Ok, maybe not the last one.

You forgot the "I'm disappointed we didn't go for the TD instead of killing the clock & kicking a FG on the last play for the win" crowd. I guess they wanted us to give them a chance to win the game.

<<<<insert shaking head Gif here>>>>

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":15on3ve8 said:
You forgot the "I'm disappointed we didn't go for the TD instead of killing the clock & kicking a FG on the last play for the win" crowd. I guess they wanted us to give them a chance to win the game.

You should see the number of posts in the Panthers' game day thread saying "Let them score! Don't tackle them!" Which is precisely why we knelt on the ball rather than just running a normal running play. They wanted time left after our score.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":25r2jfie said:
Hockey Guy":25r2jfie said:

You should see the number of posts in the Panthers' game day thread saying "Let them score! Don't tackle them!" Which is precisely why we knelt on the ball rather than just running a normal running play. They wanted time left after our score.

This is exactly correct. They could have gotten the ball back with 45+ seconds with a timeout(maybe even 2??) left rather than having no shot other than a botched chip shot FG. They would still have to score a TD to try to win in OT ,which isn't ideal, but I know which option I pick every time especially against a team we didn't stop between the 20's all day long.

mikeak

Reaction score
Am I the only one that didn't think Griffin made any real contact with the WR? He surely faceguarded (legal) and he got his hands up but he did a masterful job of straight up jump IMHO

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Heyseed":3aibt11f said:

Respect your elders!

Those guys went down like bowling pins. Hard not to laugh.

justafan

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ylmwrep said:

I agree. I can live with missed holds or flags that are out of the play but i cant stand watching games like the KC and LA game.

253hawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":mgsgp3nc said:
kidhawk":mgsgp3nc said:
With the exception of what I thought was a bogus PI call on Flowers, I thought the officiating was pretty decent. No real complaints from me.

They missed a pretty egregious horsecollar down the stretch, and I'm not sure how Moore didn't draw a DPI on his TD catch while Griffin(Flowers?) got one for near perfect defense in the end zone. These underthrown balls to WRs who suddenly jam on the brakes while a DB is in full sprint pursuit need to get tossed out if they're going to draw flags every time.

Otherwise, I was fairly pleased with the officiating.

Latest posts