The Return of Richard Sherman

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Ionship san francisco 49ers v seattle seahawks

What sort of welcome do you think he will receive? You know he is going to bring everything he has this game. Can’t wait to see Wilson lob one deep to a streaking Moore, Baldwin or Lockett.

:49ersmall: :rumble:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looking forward to him getting burned and then telling us all it didn't happen. I loved his play when he was here, but his act got real old. And all his talk after he signed with the Niners was pretty lame.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He will get boo’d like most ex players that choose money over team and then speak badly of the organization.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1p637a4q said:
Good point on the run, he's one of the best tackling corners ever to play imo.

Consistent, well executed tackling. And the effort was always there. There have been clearly better pure cover corners, but if you're talking about a complete player, he's as good as it gets.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Look, I was going to post this question yesterday and decided not too for a specific reason.

This is a divisional game. They’re always tough despite Won-Loss records so no need to give them bulletin board material in what will be a must win game.

In addition, the Niners have several Ex-Hawks players:
-Malcolm Smith will start at MLB
-Cassius Marsh rotates in passing downs
You know these guys will be extra motivated too.

U Mad Bro? Yes, they are pros and they should always play with high effort. Sure, but this is a highly anticipated match up with a chip on everyone’s shoulder so any slight will be used as extra motivation.

Will this be the one reason we win or lose. Duh...no, but just saying why do we need to add fuel to the fire?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fx1szi86 said:
Good point on the run, he's one of the best tackling corners ever to play imo.

Exactly! Which is why watching Carson run him over would be priceless. Or watching him whiff on a Corner Blitz while RW tosses a bomb for 6!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing that look on his face after yet another loss. I would never even consider booing him, that's pretty corny. But I'm certainly not going to be cheering loud for a 49er player, regardless who it is.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1776ehks said:
He will get boo’d like most ex players that choose money over team and then speak badly of the organization.

He got cut, so your comment makes no sense. Obviously his big mouth and ego hurt the team, but he was (and I think still is) one of the great players we've ever seen and I have no trouble applauding him on Sunday.

And then the part about getting trucked by Carson I hope that happens too.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Did he get torched by the Bucs yesterday? He won't get near a tackle. The 49ers are playing for draft picks.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
truehawksfan":2ruvq33v said:
Look, I was going to post this question yesterday and decided not too for a specific reason.

This is a divisional game. They’re always tough despite Won-Loss records so no need to give them bulletin board material in what will be a must win game.

In addition, the Niners have several Ex-Hawks players:
-Malcolm Smith will start at MLB
-Cassius Marsh rotates in passing downs
You know these guys will be extra motivated too.

U Mad Bro? Yes, they are pros and they should always play with high effort. Sure, but this is a highly anticipated match up with a chip on everyone’s shoulder so any slight will be used as extra motivation.

Will this be the one reason we win or lose. Duh...no, but just saying why do we need to add fuel to the fire?

Pretty sure that fan message boards don’t become bulletin board material. With that being said, I’m sure he will get a few cheers and a few boos.

GLio14

Reaction score
warden":21gtaalv said:
Richard Sherman lost his way
HA!

Honestly, his team being terrible is karma for him.

I loved him as a Seahawk and enjoyed his antics, but it got old quick because it was hurting the team.

Seahawker

Reaction score
They need to go right at him early & often just like they would with any average corner.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He's on a team that's got no shot at the playoffs this year.

The team he left - and criticized - is a playoff contender in a rebuilding year.

That's all I have to say.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sherman did his best he could packing C4 under the bridge as he left here. Ya..."we lost our way" in part because we had a couple cancerous turds that couldn't shut their trap and take care of business in house.

He should get an equal or worse welcoming here IMO. Boo the shit out of him. :rumble:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1n8tw5rr said:
Mad Dog":1n8tw5rr said:

He got cut, so your comment makes no sense. Obviously his big mouth and ego hurt the team, but he was (and I think still is) one of the great players we've ever seen and I have no trouble applauding him on Sunday.

And then the part about getting trucked by Carson I hope that happens too.

The plan was to cut and re-sign for a lower contract value. He signed with 49ers for essentially what we were offering him with some greater incentives (which he won't reach). He could have come back to the team but chose to instead stick it to us for not valuing his fading athleticism and mouth as much he clearly values them.

He is not elite anymore but merely good and doesn't deserve top 3 CB money.

And I'm sure enough 12's believe he left out of spite that they will boo him just like they boo'd Hutch in his return.