Revisiting The Throwback Conversation

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For years many of us fans have been clamoring for the Seahawks to play a game or two each season in their retro uniforms (80's mainly). I've heard all about the rule the NFL has that they don't allow different colored helmets, you can only put the retro logo on your current helmets (or something to that effect). Well that's hogwash as I was discussing this with someone yesterday, there are plenty of examples where other teams get to wear different colored helmets (Steelers yellow helmets or Patriots white helmets as example)...So that "rule" doesn't seem to fly unless it only applies to certain teams and not all.

I also heard the rumor that Paul Allen didn't like the retros and that's why we never wore them but I have no clue if there is any truth to that. The bottom line is I think a ton of 12's would love to see the Seahawks rock the retros once or twice a year. Especially if it was not announced before hand. How cool would that be?!?

Thoughts?

HviBpYt

NJlargent

Reaction score
I love the retros as it is part of my childhood. Plus i could pull out the old gear and ignore how tight the jerseys/sweatshirts are now.

Also wouldn’t mind being in the AFC West again but that’s a different and irrelevant story.

Steve2222

Reaction score
The Patriots haven’t worn their white helmet throwbacks since 2012. The NFL made it a rule in 2013 teams can only use one helmet. No team has worn a different colored helmet since. Notice when Green Bay wears their ugly throwbacks they still wear their yellow helmets that don’t match their jerseys and pants?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I would love to see it. Especially if Largent came to raise the 12.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
NJlargent":5gpwcpgj said:
I love the retros as it is part of my childhood. Plus i could pull out the old gear and ignore how tight the jerseys/sweatshirts are now.

Also wouldn’t mind being in the AFC West again but that’s a different and irrelevant story.

Kind of like the NFC personally.
Rams and Niners make suitable Coastal rivalries. NFC North and East have more historic franchises to play against than the AFC East and North. Makes for more intense games and our rivalry with GB is pretty fun right now.

bjboywonder

Reaction score
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3ejitik2 said:
NJlargent":3ejitik2 said:

Kind of like the NFC personally.
Rams and Niners make suitable Coastal rivalries. NFC North and East have more historic franchises to play against than the AFC East and North. Makes for more intense games and our rivalry with GB is pretty fun right now.

As is our year-to-year consistent games against Carolina.

I'd love to see us be able to play in the throwbacks, but the helmet issue. . . yeah, that's a tough one to figure out.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
The technology to wrap helmets is out there

[youtube]reUPiiy0aAA[/youtube]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I watched the Broncos/Steelers game a little at work and noticed the Broncos had their old logo on their helmets. I realize its just a logo and their helmets are the same, but I really want to see the Hawks retro silver helmets and uniforms someday soon.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I prefer the old school original colors and design.

Even prefer the original logo.

I'm partial to a "classic" look.

Most current uniforms are terrible.

Example: current Tampa, Detroit, Titans, Minnesota, Browns, Bengals, just ugly.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steve2222":2a9sxrcj said:
The Patriots haven’t worn their white helmet throwbacks since 2012. The NFL made it a rule in 2013 teams can only use one helmet. No team has worn a different colored helmet since. Notice when Green Bay wears their ugly throwbacks they still wear their yellow helmets that don’t match their jerseys and pants?

Fair enough...I heard though that the NFL is considering revising that rule? Anyone know?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
While I don't dislike the old uniforms, I'm of the opinion that when you have a history of poor play, you leave all of it in the past.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The old uniform is cursed. Keep it away from the team.

So was Tampa Bay's.

Both of these teams changed their uniforms and they stopped sucking.

This is going to be about as close as I get to being superstitious.

Latest posts