Rogers and Wilson highest ave passer rating in NFL history.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
That's right Wilson and Rogers have the highest average passer rating in NFL history. So I think this does in fact blow a hole right in the middle of the argument that Wilson isn't elite.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Not to mention Wilson is one of 20 QBs to play in more than one Superbowl. :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: And he's just getting started

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Of course your argument rests on the presumption that Rodgers is elite... :stirthepot:

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1ld1y0qu said:
Of course your argument rests on the presumption that Rodgers is elite... :stirthepot:

It rests on 100 plus QBR a season. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Rodgers and Wilson average a QB rating over 100 for their careers. They are #1 and #2 in career QB rating.

But they have each had seasons in which they have averaged less than a 100 QB rating. Rodgers did so in 2008, 2015, and last season, for example.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1qxo3dpo said:
Rodgers and Wilson average a QB rating over 100 for their careers. They are #1 and #2 in career QB rating.

But they have each had seasons in which they have averaged less than a 100 QB rating. Rodgers did so in 2008, 2015, and last season, for example.

The point still stands they have the best QBR's per season in the NFL . I guess ESPN averaged out that stat.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2523ogr3 said:

Wait a minute - so you're telling me that when an average is figured, that like half the input numbers will be below that average, and the rest above??? No shit? Really?

Math. It's not just for engineers... :roll: Well, maybe it is.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":dbmmlcij said:
Wilson and Rogers one and two in QBR like I said .

True, I just wanted to clarify that they have averaged a QB rating over 100 in their careers, but they have not done so in every season. They each have multiple seasons in which they averaged less than a 100 QB rating.

Also, ESPN has a nonsense proprietary statistic, called "Total QBR." When they say "QBR," that is what they are referring to. But the best QBs only average a QBR in the 80s. Wilson's QBR tends to be unfairly low because ESPN counts every sack against the QB when compiling their QBR metric.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":33eqlygf said:
hawknation2018":33eqlygf said:

Wait a minute - so you're telling me that when an average is figured, that like half the input numbers will be below that average, and the rest above??? No shit? Really?

Tom Brady has thrown for more yards on average than any other QB . Wilson and Rogers have the highest QBR's on average in the NFL that should clarify things for you. Anything else I can help you with.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
GeekHawk":ws5i999u said:
hawknation2018":ws5i999u said:

The OP has since been edited. But it originally stated that Rodgers and Wilson had a "100 plus QBR in every season," which isn't accurate.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3mrt8v9o said:
GeekHawk":3mrt8v9o said:
hawknation2018":3mrt8v9o said:

The OP has since been edited. But it originally stated that Rodgers and Wilson had a "100 plus QBR in every season," which isn't accurate.

The point still stands Hawk as much as your trying to derail my post . Wilson and Rogers have the highest QBR average in the NFL .

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully that was in response to the person I was responding to, and not to me. Because I'm not nearly that obtuse.

My point would be, if you said that Brady has thrown for more yards on average, and then someone else comes on and posts that he has thrown for below average yards in this year, and that year, and another year. And I say that he had some below average years? Really? Not every year was above his average? Because, that's not how that whole 'average' thing works. Half the years would be below average and half would be above average, and overall they are whatever his average is. Pointing out that some of the years were below average is really just pointing out that you didn't pay attention in junior high math class.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":14w1yxd0 said:
hawknation2018":14w1yxd0 said:
GeekHawk":14w1yxd0 said:
hawknation2018":14w1yxd0 said:

The point still stands Hawk as much as your trying to derail my post . Wilson and Rogers have the highest QBR average in the NFL .

Sorry, didn’t intended to do that. Just wanted to clarify what we were really talking about.

#2 highest career QB rating in NFL history (100+) is definitely a subject worthy of recognition.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
GeekHawk":14d879zw said:
Hopefully that was in response to the person I was responding to, and not to me. Because I'm not nearly that obtuse.

My point would be, if you said that Brady has thrown for more yards on average, and then someone else comes on and posts that he has thrown for below average yards in this year, and that year, and another year. And I say that he had some below average years? Really? Not every year was above his average? Because, that's not how that whole 'average' thing works. Half the years would be below average and half would be above average, and overall they are whatever his average is. Pointing out that some of the years were below average is really just pointing out that you didn't pay attention in junior high math class.

LOL, no, that’s not how it went.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We really need to hammer down the difference between PASSER rating and QBR, and stop using the terms interchangeably.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2p0osop4 said:
Of course, I implied the 'average' in the OP because it seemed obvious to me. Maybe I implied too much.

Hahaha.

The OP was edited. It originally said that Wilson and Rodgers averaged a 100+ QB rating in EVERY season. In didn’t even mention career QB rating or average QB rating per season, until the mistake was pointed out.

Not a big deal. But around and around we go. :lol:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
When I first read it the words were "per season". That actually has a precise meaning of "total divided by number of seasons", which is aka average. If the meaning was "in every season" then the words would be "highest QBR in each (or every) season". Hence, my assuming that 'per season' meant 'on average over the seasons'... Please resume all previous bickering. :mrgreen: