Touchdown celebrations

SeaChat

Reaction score
Recently heard Pete Carroll comment that they were running out of ideas for their end zone touchdown celebrations. I saw a routine that caught my eye, last season and then again earlier this season, that was an lndependent dance, that I really thought was pretty cool, and that I was a little surprised they moved away from as this poser stuff started to take hold.

No, I’m not referring to that techno flute dance stuff, that and the short shorts stuff, baffled me, and I wrote it off to something the youngsters understood, and that I was just getting old and falling out of touch to wrap my mind around.

What I am talking about, was initiated by Tyler locket,I think, who started doing a little Seahawk bird swoop type dance in the end zone, when he made his touchdowns, and then we started to see other players join in, with him, or he would with others when they scored.

I even started to see some of the twelves up in the CLINK starting to mime, what I've since dubbed “The Seahawk Swoop”. I thought it was appropriate for our high flying offense, and the crazy wonderful touchdown plays we execute, both on the ground and in the air. Hell with Chris Carson's taking flight in his run game, and doing somersaults, I think its fair to add him to our list of high flying touchdown makers too.

I’d post a short video link here n my post, but I'm concerned that it might not be okay with our admins, because of the NFL and Seahawk copyright stuff, that seems to govern shared images and videos. If i’m wrong and somebody else wants to post It, and it’s OK with the powers that be, I’d sure appreciate it.

I thought I’d go ahead and open this thread, in response to Pete's comment about the Seahawks, running out of ideas, and looking for some better ideas

If others like my Idea, and wanna climb on board and push it a little bit, I'd appreciate the support, but in that same breath. I’m open to anything, well except for the techno flute dancing and playing.

Anything but that LOL. That swimming and surfing routine they did a couple of times recently, wasn’t bad, but if they are going to adopt that one, they need to spend ten minutes to get their timing and coordination down, so it's not an embarrassment.

I think that anything that is Sea related and Seahawk (a fictitious bird)l related, would be cool. The thing I liked about the Seahawk Swoop, was that it was an easy routine, that the players and the 12 could get down in short order, and because it seemed to catch on with both the players and the 12 and gave the 12 one more crazy thing to participate in and celebrate with their team.

I know a lot of Seahawk fans, don't completely get or support the concept of the 12th man, and their importance to the overall scheme of things. When you stand in the CLINK and witness the "Magic of the 12th Man" play itself out game after game, it eventually becomes an undeniable presence or energy that manifests itself in our players and in our games, repeatedly turning impossible wins, into undeniable miracles.

Go Seahawks!
LIII Super Bowl Champions 2019!

Never Doubt, Keep Believing, Never Surrender!

Heyseed

Reaction score
“When you get into the end zone, act like you’ve been there before.”

themunn

Reaction score
Heyseed":3d3qfi8g said:
“When you get into the end zone, act like you’ve been there before.”

But they have been there before.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its fun

Cuz its a game... and entertainment.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think they are dumb and ran their course, but I’m just the “get off my lawn” geezer.....

OpHawk

Reaction score
I'm definitely over them, but ya know what's worse?

The team photo celebration after a TURNOVER. Like a garden variety interception or fumble recovery, and the whole defense and sometime guys from the sidelines run down to the endzone for a team photo. It's a god damn turnover.

Vesuve

Reaction score
The TD celebrations are childish and stupid.

Goofy, stupid clowns.

"Just win baby."

Jville

Reaction score
The actions of David Moore on that 4th and 3 yards to go touchdown play put a smile on my face. Very classy flip of the ball to the referee. Very Steve Largent like.

I'm looking forward to more of the same from David Moore.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Vesuve":2xfqlxz2 said:

So are sports...

Taking the actions of highly (highly) paid grown men playing a kids game too seriously is really missing the point of watching other people play games for your entertainment.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Those celebrations are ridiculous and childish, but then you have to remember, just because those guys are physical specimens, talented, and rich, they are still immature children. Most are in their 20's, so aren't yet mature adults. Maturity begins to take place in one's 30's, although I'm sure most adults in their 20's will disagree...
It's the same reason that accounts for the long, weird haircuts, the beards and the tattoos... they'll grow out of it eventually...

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Show the immaturity of some 20-something millionaires! Like someone said earlier, act like you've been there before!

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3tr77sns said:
Vesuve":3tr77sns said:

So are sports...

Taking the actions of highly (highly) paid grown men playing a kids game too seriously is really missing the point of watching other people play games for your entertainment.

So much wrong with this statement. Kids game? More like kids are trying to play a mans game. Hence flag / touch football and less and less parents letting their kids even play.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/sports/football/tackle-football-brain-youth.html

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Jville":1ded9i34 said:
The actions of David Moore on that 4th and 3 yards to go touchdown play put a smile on my face. Very classy flip of the ball to the referee. Very Steve Largent like.

I'm looking forward to more of the same from David Moore.

That was pretty smooth. It was like "Ho Hum, just another day at the office". Icewater in the veins, stone cold killer.

kobebryant

Reaction score
They're fun and I'm glad the NFL lightened up.

If you can't enjoy the celebrations while watching a sport for entertainment that is a you problem. And you probably can't dance.

Chapow

Reaction score
Get off my lawn, confounded touchdown celebrations!

Rlg2w

rcaido

Reaction score
Seahawks better stop scoring TDs and just kick fieldgoals again...Dont want grandpa too upset, might cause a heart-attack.