Sherman: No relationship with Wilson

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Just when I was starting to get over his early season comments and thank him for his time here, he can’t help himself. Seattle is a “middle of the road team” and “Wilson’s also thrown 5 interceptions so he can be defended.” Nothing drastically wrong but damn, at least be cool to the team, coach and the city that loved you, embraced you, and defended you when the rest of America wanted your head

Carroll and Wilson on the other hand have been nothing but classy complimenting Sherman

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Who cares. Most people don't have relationships outside of work with a very high percentage of their coworkers. People seem to expect athletes to be friends with everyone else on the team, but that just isn't realistic. They're just coworkers.

OP
OP
B

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
Scorpion05":6g48t7dq said:
Just when I was starting to get over his early season comments and thank him for his time here, he can’t help himself. Seattle is a “middle of the road team” and “Wilson’s also thrown 5 interceptions so he can be defended.” Nothing drastically wrong but damn, at least be cool to the team, coach and the city that loved you, embraced you, and defended you when the rest of America wanted your head

Carroll and Wilson on the other hand have been nothing but classy complimenting Sherman

Sherm has always had a poor me attitude and I feel he took Wilson for granted as he does not give him the credit he deserves. Much like TO and his “I love me some me” attitude Sherman isn’t far behind in my opinion.

OP
OP
B

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
Jeremy517":3mv2w9qd said:
Who cares. Most people don't have relationships outside of work with a very high percentage of their coworkers. People seem to expect athletes to be friends with everyone else on the team, but that just isn't realistic. They're just coworkers.

That was just the headline and you’re right. It’s the passive aggressive jabs that were a bit childish.

Rat

Reaction score
Jeremy517":3tbi0b6v said:

Yep, I don't see how this is front page news. How many different teammates did Sherman have here? His first two years, we were setting league records for player turnover. He's not going to be close with all of them, plus he's not a receiver so it's not like building rapport with Russ was super necessary.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Yep. Like I said in the other thread, Sherman could have been embraced like Brian Dawkins if he wasn’t such a tool. Instead he’s bashing the one organization that allowed him to be himself and increase his national profile through trash talking

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Bandwagon76":32uly97x said:
Jeremy517":32uly97x said:

That was just the headline and you’re right. It’s the passive aggressive jabs that were a bit childish.

Exactly. OP should have actually posted some of the quotes. Even if true, his comments are often just so unnecessary. I could understand if Wilson/Carroll responded with the same passive aggressive mentality but he didn’t

toffee

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1qntkz9a said:

walk like an a**, quack like an a**,

people may not have relationship outside of work, people do not make public announcement as such just to needle the other guy, especially when the other guy is taking the high road.

Sherm is an a**.

soxhawk

Reaction score
He just wants all of us to boo him on Sunday, cause that's about the only way he has left to pump himself up on the 2-9ers.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Sounds like more sour grapes from a guy formerly on a good team, now on a 2-9 team...
Who got such a big head, that he thought he knew more that everyone else in the organization.
Tiresome.

Polaris

Reaction score
soxhawk":2rpw3bcz said:
He just wants all of us to boo him on Sunday, cause that's about the only way he has left to pump himself up on the 2-9ers.

Wish granted.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Whatever. Sherman is one of my all time favorite Seahawks and is the man that made my single greatest Seahawk memory. I'm not going to be at the game, but if I was i'd cheer him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's sad, Richard once said "A man shouldn't try to build himself up by tearing others down." But that's exactly what he's doing now.

Russell Wilson helped him get a Superbowl ring, and all he can do sling mud.

And to compare a football team to regular shmoes like us, is ludicrous. We don't depend on each other for success like a football team does. We don't work in a job where it's "Us vs Them" every week. And we will never know the kind of camaraderie like NFL players do. Our bosses aren't telling us "Rule #1 is Protect the Team."

Either way, it's not about whether Richard and Russell are friends, it's about Professionalism and one's own personal reputation. This whole thing makes Sherman look like sour grapes and jealousy. Blaming Pete and John for cutting him, instead of accepting responsibility for his own actions on the sidelines and in the headlines. THAT, is why he was cut. Because he was all about himself, "Me First," Team Second. Selfishness.

He will mature though, and likely regret saying those things. Time gives perspective. I'm not mad at him because what he's done doesn't effect me, it effects him, and as a fan I hate to see it. I will always love Sherm for what he did for us.

We saw a similar situation with Brett Favre, and Time heals all wounds. Maybe.

Seymour

Reaction score
"If you just look at the draft classes we had early on and the draft classes they've had in the last three, four, five years, the truth is the truth," Sherman said. "I don't have to make stuff up. People can take it how they want to. It's unfortunate that things have gone the way they have."

Hey Sherm. We are 6-5 and you are 2-9. What does that same statement say about your new teams ability to draft? :roll:

He is such a dumb ass for a supposed "really smart" player with some of the things that come out of his mouth.

Sour grapes and resentment is all I hear out of his mouth. And it all revolves around the pick and SB49 loss....4 flippin years later. :pukeface:

justafan

Reaction score
it doesnt surprise they arent friends.I couldnt picture Wilson hanging out with a punk like that.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Trrrroy":627m0yyy said:
Whatever. Sherman is one of my all time favorite Seahawks and is the man that made my single greatest Seahawk memory. I'm not going to be at the game, but if I was i'd cheer him.

My question is when would you cheer him during a game?

When he enters with the rest of the 49er team? You're going to be drowned out by a lot of boos then.
When/if he makes a pick? You are going to look pretty silly in your Seahawk gear cheering a Wilson interception.
When/if he breaks up a pass and puts his finger to his mouth to tell the 12s to be quiet?

There is no opportunity in a football game to cheer an opposing player. He's either with his team or hurting your team. Only the home team gets introductions.

I appreciate all he did for us but right now he's in enemy colors. I'll cheer him after he retires and returns to be inducted into the Ring Of Honor.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":1kc1gipj said:
"If you just look at the draft classes we had early on and the draft classes they've had in the last three, four, five years, the truth is the truth," Sherman said. "I don't have to make stuff up. People can take it how they want to. It's unfortunate that things have gone the way they have."

Hey Sherm. We are 6-5 and you are 2-9. What does that same statement say about your new teams ability to draft? :roll:

He is such a dumb ass for a supposed "really smart" player with some of the things that come out of his mouth.

Sour grapes and resentment is all I hear out of his mouth. And it all revolves around the pick and SB49 loss....4 flippin years later. :pukeface:

Especially when his new team has been drafting high first round for the last few years and we've been drafting in the second round.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Lol of course he’s oozing with salt. He’s the bitter ex.

The team is united. His team is already crappy. I mean, I’m willing to bet Pete would get the 49ers to a 7-9 record if he was coach

His overhyped Quarterback is already injured, Russ has never missed a game

The Seahawks are in the thick of the playoff hunt, without him, Kam, Earl, and the rest of the defense. In other words, we DONT NEED YOU TO BE COMPETITIVE.

And Pete is grooming his new cornerbacks. The same way he groomed the LOB

Salt!