Seattle is the Sleeper

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Wow, this sounds like a .Net discussion. It seems that everyone agrees that the Seahawks are hitting their stride at the right time and will be the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs. GO HAWKS.

Like people have said before, the run defense will change when Kendricks gets back on the field. Even the talking heads are forgetting about that aspect.

[youtube]VVIezihGqtM[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good stuff. Can you imagine if KJ comes back at some point? Add that to Wags and Kendricks? That's one hell of a LB core, and may shore up some of the wide open in the middle stuff the D has been giving up. I have a good feeling about Kendricks if he is allowed to come back next year. Solid player that we should get for a good price, and he will be playing with a new appreciation as well. I get the feeling he could end up being the replacement for KJ, mainly because of the worry about the reoccurring knee problems. I would really miss KJ though, class guy who always brings it when he's on the field.

toffee

Reaction score
Seahawks Version 2018 still has quite a few holes, it's in the playoff run for three reasons:

1. Pete Carroll
2. Russel Wilson
3. without Sherman, Earl, and their buds.

In that order.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
toffee":12huhvgw said:
Seahawks Version 2018 still has quite a few holes, it's in the playoff run for three reasons:

1. Pete Carroll
2. Russel Wilson
3. without Sherman, Earl, and their buds.

In that order.

I agree except I'd categorize it this way:
1. Pete Carroll
2. Russell Wilson
3. Solari & "Double Schotts"
4. addition by subtraction of the malcontents-----> Sherman, Bennett and the festering that went away with their departure.

Those guys might want to learn how to turn down the Sniveling Babble Dial, and ----> JUST PLAY.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I would add BBD to that (Big Balls Dickson) that dude can flip the field from his own endzone. UNREAL.

evergreen

Reaction score
I would love to have the old Earl. Not the malcontent. I’d take a 2nd rounder though. I’d say
1. Pete that’s why the D is ok
2. Russ. DangerRuss is back.
3. Addition through subtraction coaches and players and kickers.
4. 2018 draft. Just imagine if Dissly wasn’t hurt.

mikeak

Reaction score
People forget that Baltimore, GB and Giants were not contenders when they went and won it all....

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1fauqesf said:
People forget that Baltimore, GB and Giants were not contenders when they went and won it all....

That's a good point. There's a very similar vibe and feeling to 2012 for us too. We're definitely on the up and peaking at the right time. Going to be an exciting final month.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I'm glad that Dallas beat NO; everybody is on their jock now, so the Hawks will just kinda creep in the background. All the better when it all comes together.

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks can play with anyone in a season where there are no dominant teams. They are all flawed.

Seattle is seriously handicapped when it comes to generating pressure on the QB when on the road. Pete & Co. have to scheme pressure, if they cannot get it done natively. I personally hate sending more than 4, but you have no choice if it's not happening.

Kendricks will return against the Vikes which will solidify their LBer core.

The secondary has played good overall given the problems up front. Griffin just needs to find a way to stop getting beat deep.

Have you seen Russell Wilson play in the 4th qtr?

It only needs to be a ball game in the final frame and the Seahawks have a very good chance of winning with #3 at QB.

[youtube]1W2CrOFnXu8[/youtube]

PFF agrees. Russell Wilson is the QB you don't want to face in the postseason.

"The Seahawks defense isn't great, but they have Russell Wilson. And Russell Wilson is capable of beating any of these teams almost singlehandedly. I would not want to face Russell Wilson if I was pretty much any team in the NFC."

They also go in on Rodgers LOL. Good vid.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Nice post Fade! I’m excited to see them tomorrow for sure.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mikeak":2e4onow2 said:

Eh, not sure we'll go that far but, yeah, it's fun hoping...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3335gj8b said:
He he he...

[youtube]67ragXpWsAI[/youtube]

Horrible movie. Just horrible.

You're attempt to dishonor the Seahawks via an affiliation with that pile of cinematic dung is duly noted.

For shame...

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seattle has three glaring weaknesses.

1. A good run game can shred the Seahawks run defense
2. Pass rush isn't consistent
3. Tight ends can still score on the secondary

Fix these three and Seattle can make a deep run.