Prosise possibly to IR

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Prosise is a candidate for IR with a core injury according to Pete.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11319/cj-prosise

Another in his litany of injuries. :177692:

"Core injury?" = likely a sports hernia, from lifting his wallet after coming from the trainer's rooms.

Bad joke is it has been recognized he has no heart to play.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hated the pick from the start..I said exactly that he always is hurt and really I did want to be
eating crow on it but he has exceeded even what I was thinking..He has made the easiest money
ever for a 3rd rounder that made the team that I can think of..

Mad Dog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":32ror8g8 said:
Prosise is a candidate for IR with a core injury according to Pete.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11319/cj-prosise

Another in his litany of injuries. :177692:

"Core injury?" = likely a sports hernia, from lifting his wallet after coming from the trainer's rooms.

Bad joke is it has been recognized he has no heart to play.

I'm sure this is a well orchestrated ploy to not release him to potential opponents. He was insurance for McKissic and now the stable is overflowing. Solution: get Procise a little nicked up and stash him on IR once again. Probably Pete just told Clark to hit him a bit harder than a normal walkthrough and he crumpled like an Austin Mini.

In the end i fail to see why we are so worried about losing this guy. Best thing we can do is let another team waste a roster spot for a frail snowflake.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1gmff5c2 said:
I hated the pick from the start..I said exactly that he always is hurt and really I did want to be
eating crow on it but he has exceeded even what I was thinking..He has made the easiest money
ever for a 3rd rounder that made the team that I can think of..

You mean like this much hate?

"Prosise can do that and very well..He is great in slot and I can see him being used many ways.I like this pick more as time passes.Brooks also has good hands..Could it be whoever does best between the 2 stays?"
- IndyHawk May 2016

I don't think anyone thought he would be as fragile as he's turned out to be, so I wouldn't be claiming Nostradamus type clairvoyance.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just watched a segment on Prosise yesterday during FOX 13's Seahawks Gameday with Aaron Levine. It was a nice segment and positive piece showing Prosise and his love of family and charity work. He seemed very genuine in wanting a chance to prove what he has but hasn't been able to see the field due to injuries (7 different ones and counting) and the players in front of him performing on the field.

I have nothing against Prosise as a person, son, charitable giver.

But as a Seattle Seahawk? Short of a few big plays, he's been absolutely worthless.

A waste of a roster spot going on two years now.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's getting harder and harder to accept this player is this unlucky as far as injuries.

godawg

Reaction score
Just this morning I was checking the roster to see if Prosise is still a Seahawk. He has almost been as productive as Percy Harvin. On the other hand, he hasn't gotten in any fights with teammates.

Jville

Reaction score
C.J. Prosise only logged 64 snaps this year and more than half of those were special teams snaps. It is not like the Seahawks have been hard pressed for healthy roster spots ...... like what the 49ers have have had to deal with this year. Seems to me Prosise's roster spot has had very little impact on the season.

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":1wqpl28c said:
C.J. Prosise only logged 64 snaps this year and more than half of those were special teams snaps. It is not like the Seahawks have been hard pressed for healthy roster spots ...... like what the 49ers have have had to deal with this year. Seems to me Prosise's roster spot has had very little impact on the season.
I think the point being that we could have used some LB or pass rush help with that spot.

Me? I'd guess that P&J are still a little snake bit after the past couple of years at the RB spot and felt the extra RB was justified some way. Of course, Prosise was a big part of the injury parade, so maybe he wasn't he best choice for that spot.

With McKissic back, Prosise is really redundant.

Jville

Reaction score
sutz":3bsru967 said:
Jville":3bsru967 said:
I think the point being that we could have used some LB or pass rush help with that spot.

Me? I'd guess that P&J are still a little snake bit after the past couple of years at the RB spot and felt the extra RB was justified some way. Of course, Prosise was a big part of the injury parade, so maybe he wasn't he best choice for that spot.

CJ Prosise is a minor 2018 footnote.

I think it clear that at no time did Prosise's presence on the roster block them from looking for linebackers or pass rushers. They currently have two linebackers on the practice squad and have chosen to wait out the Mychal Kendricks suspension, the Dion Jordan knee and the return of KJ Wright. Their two rookie defensive ends have accumulated useful experience prior to the December finish.

In my eyes, this December team appears to be poised to come together for a competitive season finish.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Honestly, at this point, he’s become too boring to even do the weekly Prosise unavailability thread. Just cut the guy already.

Polk738

Reaction score
This is really depressing considering what could've been, Prosise was supposed to be our Alvin Kamara, its guys like this that are really putting some teams over the top, Gurley, Kamara, McCaffrey, Johnson

johnnyfever

Reaction score
As we dont need to cut him right now, I guess ir is fine. Not sure how it works, but if he becomes available in the playoffs, he might come in handy. Remember how percy helped us out in just a couple games. Procise has that percy like ability sometimes if healthy.

Also-if he does come back and make a couple miraculous plays/returns etc, we might be able to trade him rather than cut him.

If no trade available though, I would say part ways after this year. Bird bones dont mix with football.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jville":15rmth9c said:
sutz":15rmth9c said:
Jville":15rmth9c said:

CJ Prosise is a minor 2018 footnote.

I think it clear that at no time did Prosise's presence on the roster block them from looking for linebackers or pass rushers. They currently have two linebackers on the practice squad and have chosen to wait out the Mychal Kendricks suspension, the Dion Jordan knee and the return of KJ Wright. Their two rookie defensive ends have accumulated useful experience prior to the December finish.

In my eyes, this December team appears to be poised to come together for a competitive season finish.

Thank you for the wisdom Jville. It is what happens when you lose players that things go to heck. We had backup in practice squad which is what you allude to and that is what we needed. Again Thanks for the wisdom.

knownone

Reaction score
Here's what probably happened. The Seahawks went to Prosise and told him he'd be unlikely to get any playing time for the rest of the season given the depth at RB. Then they asked him if he wanted to be released, Prosise says no and suddenly an injury that probably wouldn't put him on IR if he was a starter or a backup is serious enough to put him on IR.

Given his recent interview, I'm going to assume Prosise wants to be with the team in order to prove he was not a bust. He's got one year remaining at a cap friendly number so it doesn't hurt the Seahawks to keep him around and given that this injury is most likely minor he'll have another full offseason to get into peak condition.

Latest posts