“A Natural Ballplayer,” David Moore Making Big Plays

Jville

Reaction score
Looking forward to David Moore coming thru with a big play or two today. :2thumbs:

What Carroll referenced about Moore’s savvy on the touchdown catch in Carolina shouldn’t be overlooked. One reason he was able to make the catch despite a cornerback being all over him is that Moore had “late hands” on the catch, meaning he didn’t reach up for the ball early, and as a result the corner didn’t know the ball was coming.

“That’s extremely difficult,” Baldwin said. “I think the person who probably showed him the most of how to do that was Paul Richardson when he was here. Paul was extremely talented at late hands catches. David has kind of seen how that could help him, and he has the ability to do it. Not everybody has the ability to do it, and David has really worked hard at it and he’s obviously extremely successful. I’m not surprised at his success when he’s in those situations and doing it because he’s worked so hard at it.”

("Late Hands" was an important part of Steve Largent's tool kit)

“A Natural Ballplayer,” David Moore Making Big Plays In Second Season With Seahawks >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/a-natural-ballplayer-david-moore-making-big-plays-in-second-season-with-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Moore also high points the ball. Kearse was good at that and I think Russ missed the chemistry he had with Kearse.

But, Moore’s faster and has reliable hands...I can’t recall how many drops Moore has, but that was really frustrating w/Kearse.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3bldrdta said:
Moore also high points the ball. Kearse was good at that and I think Russ missed the chemistry he had with Kearse.

But, Moore’s faster and has reliable hands...I can’t recall how many drops Moore has, but that was really frustrating w/Kearse.

You're right. Kearse was pretty good. Moore is better.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Both Moore and Carson are strong evidence that there is talent at recognizing raw talent in the FO. Carson was an almost immediate success until hurt early last season. For Moore the game slowed down for him this offseason although it was clear to the team he was a keeper in their cutting Freeney for him last year.

Both these players are more evidence that talent assessment rather than draft position is what creates good young teams. It looks as if the FO is doing an better job at recognizing talent, after striking out for a few seasons. I think they hurt themselves with a few of their trades for first round players that didn’t work out for the team. Of course some here may disagree but Harvin and Graham were costly additions and now they are gone there went two first round picks that could have produced a long term team player or two. Saying that I am mindful of my comment above as the two are in part contradictory.
Ł
I am additionally very pleased with the additions of Tre Flowers and Shaquille Griffin.