Offense carried and now own a wildcard spot

mistaowen

Reaction score
Good win, needed to beat up on a weaker team. Chris Carson is awesome and Russ just had a crazy efficient game. Nice to see Penny succeed with the pitches and sweeps, those were his best plays in college.

It is hard watching this defense though, especially after what we became used to watching with the LOB. Mullens is a backup QB who threw for 400 yards, picked right up from last weeks assault by the Panthers. I know they sorta went preventish by half time but it’s frustrating so see teams move the ball with ease. Saving grace has been some good red zone defense and Bobby Wagner being the best inside LB in the NFL. A decline to average was expected, I just forgot what it’s like to not hold teams to 100 yards passing.

Probably the first time in some years they’ll be drafting defense heavily. Really hope Shaq has some competition next year because he is struggling right now.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Our safety play was inconsistent today. That said, as limited as our defense is...I'm happy we're getting Kendricks back. Also, Shanahan's scheme will always allow a below average QB to have tons of yards. Just ask Matt Ryan

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Only 16 points and some turnovers. Manning broke the super bowl passing record losing 43-8.

If they get turnovers and limit red zone chances, the yards in between arent as bad..

Vikings will be a big test. Excited to listen to mn radio talk seahawks all week. They really do like seattle believe it or not

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ui6xsgl said:
Only 16 points and some turnovers. Manning broke the super bowl passing record losing 43-8.

If they get turnovers and limit red zone chances, the yards in between arent as bad..

Vikings will be a big test. Excited to listen to mn radio talk seahawks all week. They really do like seattle believe it or not

I think they're 11th in the league in point allowed per game (~21.6). That's not fantastic but it could be a lot worse given a lot of the plays they've been giving up. I can't tell when something actually kind of sucks or if I'm just calibrated from the ridiculous defense I got used to.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3hq86yy3 said:
Uncle Si":3hq86yy3 said:

I think they're 11th in the league in point allowed per game (~21.6). That's not fantastic but it could be a lot worse given a lot of the plays they've been giving up. I can't tell when something actually kind of sucks or if I'm just calibrated from the ridiculous defense I got used to.

That's where I am at. They are still in the top half of the league, we've just become so used to suffocating defense that it's weird seeing what a typical NFL defense looks like. They've been fortunate to get some takeaways in the red zone which has been huge but it's been a little too easy getting there IMO. Kendricks will be a big boost, LB play outside of Bobby has been pretty awful.

I haven't paid much attention to potential college players but I'd have to assume Pete will be drafting secondary early this year.