Loving this team

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Strong win. A little wobbly after Fluker went down but overall a dominant performance.

Wilson is really meshing with Schotty and having a run game has taken a tremendous load off his shoulders and he's a much better QB for it. It's almost like Beast Mode era but with all the experience he's accumulated since then. He's got a swagger to him this season that demands respect. I like it.

The Seahawks are fun again and we did what was needed today to keep our playoff chances alive - and got some help from other teams in the division. Nice.

GO HAWKS!

chris98251

Reaction score
The shots of Wilson and Schotty on the sideline sitting on the bench talking looked like they get along great, they were laughing and getting along well, yes we were winning but it looked more then just business.

lobohawk

Reaction score
chris98251":lc2ka1ay said:
The shots of Wilson and Schotty on the sideline sitting on the bench talking looked like they get along great, they were laughing and getting along well, yes we were winning but it looked more then just business.

Wilson’s a perpetual student. He melds with OCs really well. It really comes down to the teacher. He feeds off real critiques, so a coach willing to pour the info out will reap great rewards.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Funny that at this time last year we were 8-4 and everyone hated what was going on with the team. Now we are 7-5 and everyone has hope.

Everyone loves the plucky underdog rather than the aging contender.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I've heard it said on this board, more than once (and probably in the media, too), that good teams beat the teams they're supposed to beat.

We did that today. Except for our passing D, most of the game looked really solid.

toffee

Reaction score
Mad Dog":x7hb7zod said:
Funny that at this time last year we were 8-4 and everyone hated what was going on with the team. Now we are 7-5 and everyone has hope.

Simple:

No Sherm, no Earl, no Cable, no Benette, no Bev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
lobohawk":25rj3da3 said:
chris98251":25rj3da3 said:

Wilson’s a perpetual student. He melds with OCs really well. It really comes down to the teacher. He feeds off real critiques, so a coach willing to pour the info out will reap great rewards.

They have a relationship !!!!

Seafan

Reaction score
Mad Dog":safq5c9z said:

The team was unwatchable the last four weeks of 2017. Big changes were needed and this team is on the right track.

Russ is much more efficient and confident, the offense is balanced and the team is physical once again.

Pete deserves COY.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
toffee":3q9c791a said:
Mad Dog":3q9c791a said:

Simple:

And no pass defense, either.

I'm enjoying this too, guys, but still in context of a rebuilding year - for if we exit the playoffs early, I suspect it will be because of defense.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ed7t495s said:
toffee":ed7t495s said:
Mad Dog":ed7t495s said:

Simple:

I'm enjoying this too, guys, but still in context of a rebuilding year - for if we exit the playoffs early, I suspect it will be because of defense.

I've been saying this for some time, too. Our offense may be able to compete; but if it doesn't, we won't be competitive in games with teams like the Rams, Chiefs or Saints until we can stop great QBs more than we are now.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Amazing the amount of cancer that has riddled this team from the coaches to the players.. good riddance.

Own The West

Reaction score
Really like the way the team has progressed, although I saw a lot of missed tackles tonight (Flowers...) and Fant had 3 or 4 holding penalties. We can't play like this next week.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Own The West":w0hy77ic said:
Really like the way the team has progressed, although I saw a lot of missed tackles tonight (Flowers...) and Fant had 3 or 4 holding penalties. We can't play like this next week.

Really disappointed in Flowers. I hope he really cleans up. Miss tackles can lead to big gains. Big gains can be a difference maker from forcing a fourth down to a first down.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
toffee":vbvueewv said:
Mad Dog":vbvueewv said:

Simple:

BINGO.

The locker room vibe was horrible last season. Said it then. Proven out by media reports this season.

Seahawks are in a much better place now.

GO HAWKS!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":arx2a7ep said:
toffee":arx2a7ep said:
Mad Dog":arx2a7ep said:

Simple:

If we get in (we should if we play as capable), we're gonna exit early barring some really good fortune. It will still be enjoyable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
+1, loving this team. Pound the rock, screw doing what everyone else does and play a little bend don't break. Not loving the tackling by the D, but the Red Zone defense has been outstanding the last couple weeks. Team Chemistry is the best it has been in a while too.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
toffee":28vd73hv said:
lobohawk":28vd73hv said:
chris98251":28vd73hv said:

They have a relationship !!!!

Seems a great working relationship is forming and Wilson is a much better QB for it.

The team is fun again.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":12voqvwp said:

Agreed. The uncertainty of the first few games are long behind those two and they are really clicking. Russ is so much better when he isn't made to throw so much. He was never that kind of QB.

It's like 2012 Wilson but with a ton more experience and swag. He's finally evolved into a legit ELITE status QB.

This season has been great. Playoffs or not, what a fun team they've been for us fans.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this team as well. Really fun to see all the turnover of players and still have some success with the young guys. I was getting tired of all the drama the past few years.