Jarran Reed

Polk738

Reaction score
Man how good was this dude today? For a guy that was drafted to be the next Brandon Mebane he sure is getting alot of penetration into the backfield and constantly getting in the QBs face. 2 Sacks, (yeah I'm giving him credit for the BS roughing the passer call) and a TFL.

lobohawk

Reaction score
It’s so nice and important to have a presence in the interior. A great DT, and Reed is playing like one, really sets the tone on the DL.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Some roughing the passers are worth it. Mullen’s might flinch the next time he sees 90 coming his way.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Finally someone stepping up to fill the vacuum left by Michael Bennett.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Not sure if someone mentioned Poona's game but he played really solid as well.

Made tackles the first two plays of the game (one down the line of scrimmage), I also noticed on two occasions where he diagnosed screen plays and almost got the runner from behind.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1fo1ui2u said:
Not sure if someone mentioned Poona's game but he played really solid as well.

Made tackles the first two plays of the game (one down the line of scrimmage), I also noticed on two occasions where he diagnosed screen plays and almost got the runner from behind.

Yes he did. Made the first two tackles of the game pursuing ball carriers like a LB. Wasn't sure what the hype was about at the beginning of the season but he has some skills. Also, Reed has gotten better every year.

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":39imk9py said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1069928306173231104[/tweet]

So on our DL, we have Clark and now Reed, both are becoming a force to be reckoned with. We need two more guys to step up, hopefully that could be Poona/Nazr and Dion/Green.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Poona is an animal. Reed is too. If Jordan can stay healthy, he's a freak.... Clark is unreal. It'll be amazing when they all click. Playoff football will be great.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Reed, Lockett, Ifedi, Britt amongst others are great examples of being patient with young players and not judging them on what people think they would be and allow growth to take its course.

Reed was pigeon-holed as run-stuffer with limited pass rush upside and now he’s transforming himself into one of the better pass-rush DTs in the league with 6.5 sacks and 17 QB hits. I’m pretty sure his technique is still eating up double teams.

Lockett, he’s been hot and cold with fans at times, but after his extension the majority questioned his value and thought it was a huge overpay.

Britt and Ifedi, not many lineman come into this league and light it up. I’ve heard both Jones and Brown state it took about 3 seasons for them to “get it”. Britt is now a quality OC/leader. Ifedi has taken a huge step. Sometimes guys take time to adapt, sometimes they need to find thier best fit, sometimes you need the right coach to figure out how to play a player to thier strengths and establish confidence.

Sometimes it’s dumb to prematurely criticize players in thier first 2-3 seasons solely base on what you feel or what you’ve been told.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3h811pvp said:
Reed, Lockett, Ifedi, Britt amongst others are great examples of being patient with young players and not judging them on what people think they would be and allow growth to take its course.

Reed was pigeon-holed as run-stuffer with limited pass rush upside and now he’s transforming himself into one of the better pass-rush DTs in the league with 6.5 sacks and 17 QB hits. I’m pretty sure his technique is still eating up double teams.

Lockett, he’s been hot and cold with fans at times, but after his extension the majority questioned his value and thought it was a huge overpay.

Britt and Ifedi, not many lineman come into this league and light it up. I’ve heard both Jones and Brown state it took about 3 seasons for them to “get it”. Britt is now a quality OC/leader. Ifedi has taken a huge step. Sometimes guys take time to adapt, sometimes they need to find thier best fit, sometimes you need the right coach to figure out how to play a player to thier strengths and establish confidence.

Sometimes it’s dumb to prematurely criticize players in thier first 2-3 seasons solely base on what you feel or what you’ve been told.

Lockett had a injury to overcome, and was never expected to be a threat at WR, he was drafted as a return guy. Reed was never given a chance to Pass Rush in College, he was assigned a specific role, but the draft gurus said all along there was no reason he could not be a guy that could do it. The rest is subject to the person who is no longer here's bad coaching concerning scheme and technique.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
All I’m saying pretty much every rookie, the PC/JS Seahawks drafted or signed as a UDFAs, kept over the full term of thier rookie contracts (with the exception of maybe CJ Prosise) have all took big steps forward in either thier 3rd or 4th seasons.

I’m really just talking to the uber sensitive, knee jerk reaction, instant gratification crowd who cement thier criticisms of players and write off thier careers based on a small sample size of performance especially in the first two seasons where these guys are still developing and adapting.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1h0i0k48 said:
All I’m saying pretty much every rookie, the PC/JS Seahawks drafted or signed as a UDFAs, kept over the full term of thier rookie contracts (with the exception of maybe CJ Prosise) have all took big steps forward in either thier 3rd or 4th seasons.

I’m really just talking to the uber sensitive, knee jerk reaction, instant gratification crowd who cement thier criticisms of players and write off thier careers based on a small sample size of performance especially in the first two seasons where these guys are still developing and adapting.

Few of our draft picks have been expected to do much their first year, Pete has a way with these guys, red shirt, bring along in steps, Roster, special teams part of a rotation then a starter.

Why it's hard to get a bead on how they will work out.

But Pete's system works as we have seen, guys improve on what they need to, get conditioning and healed up and coached on technique.

All except the Lineman, Cable took all of them and made them worse then they were at the position they were most familiar with and we ended up moving them all over.