Media

hawks85

Reaction score
Oh now the NFL media wants to give Seattle love, and saying we are legit playoff caliber team. Gimme a break. Those NFL media people have always made me sick to my stomach. They are jumping on the bandwagon because we are 7-5 and we are better than expected blah blah blah. Everybody on here thought after week 2 that we had something special. It hasnt been perfect and certain things have to improve. We have had like the 3rd or 4th hardest schedule and I think we doing fine. IMO we are sitting right behind the Rams and Saints.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I didn't think we had something special after week 2.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Tazer them....and check it to see if it works by tazering yourself for just a half second...just to see if it works. :3-1: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Something special after week two? :?

At any rate, the team has exceeded almost all expectations and the genesis of that has been the running game, O-Line, Schotty getting along so well with Russ, etc.

The team is FUN again.

Seymour

Reaction score
Interesting. I mistook this place for a war zone after week 2. :twisted:

Smellyman

Reaction score
There is wrong predictions every year, good teams are bad and vice versa. Not everything is an offense to your fandom.

Sport would be boring if everything always went as planned.

Seymour

Reaction score
Smellyman":1fkuszt1 said:
There is wrong predictions every year, good teams are bad and vice versa. Not everything is an offense to your fandom.

Sport would be boring if everything always went as planned.

Actually everything goes exactly as planned every year. You just need to find the correct person making the plans. :lol:

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":12m8nle1 said:
I don't know...even I had my doubts that we could reach the playoffs.
I mean I did to. I think we all did. The fact that the NFL media COMPLETELY written this team off saying we're only gonna win win 3-4 games is what made me mad. Winning 3-4 games wasn't or ever in the cards and I knew that it wasn't gonna happen. I thought 9-7 at the beginning. Once we found our identity I said 13-3. Now I say we win out 11-5. Yup we will beat those Chiefs.

Smellyman

Reaction score
CBS picked 10-6

Too lazy to look up others. I think one dude at USA Today picked 4 wins. I don't think it was a huge deal. Didn't see any pick 3 wins, most 6-10 range.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
hawks85":5zxztlw8 said:
Oh now the NFL media wants to give Seattle love, and saying we are legit playoff caliber team. Gimme a break. Those NFL media people have always made me sick to my stomach. They are jumping on the bandwagon because we are 7-5 and we are better than expected blah blah blah. Everybody on here thought after week 2 that we had something special. It hasnt been perfect and certain things have to improve. We have had like the 3rd or 4th hardest schedule and I think we doing fine. IMO we are sitting right behind the Rams and Saints.

I don’t know. I seem to remember various threads about firing Pete, trading Russell, we suck, etc type threads. I have thought all along that 10-6, 11-5 were attainable.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I was super hopeful before preseason..as always.

After preseason, I was 9-7 give or take one game.

As it looks they are going to exceed that so I am happy.

side note...Wish we still had tate. Hated seeing him go and we would be ruthless with him now. Why oh why cant he be cheap.

Knuck Chox

Reaction score
As a member of that shadowy and ever-nefarious "media," I'd caution against assigning it any sort of monolithic viewpoint on any subject — especially its collective prevailing opinion of one particular professional football team. If "the NFL media" is recognizing the Seahawks' growing playoff bona fides, I'd say it's simply because the team is demonstrating its grit and resilience, and people are starting to notice. To me, garnering more attention and respect from national media figures should be a sign of respect, not something to be denigrated.

sutz

Reaction score
The media always 'jumps on the bandwagon.' They're always looking for good stories, and love stories about teams over-achieving. Sorry to bust anybody's bubble, but as the league approches and enters the playoffs, the teams they follow will be the ones that are winning. As long as the Hawks keep winning, yeah, the media will pay more attention.

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":210kqyb3 said:
CBS picked 10-6

Too lazy to look up others. I think one dude at USA Today picked 4 wins. I don't think it was a huge deal. Didn't see any pick 3 wins, most 6-10 range.

Rang works for them and knows us well. He is also one of those I respect and has the pulse of the Seahawks on draft day.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Maulbert":2hvx8j2c said:
Prickso picked us to go 5-11, but you know him. He couldn't find his butt with both hands. He also hilariously picked the Packers to win the Super Bowl.

This is the craziest time of the year....pointing our fingers at the biased media mistakes. Hilarious!! :179417:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I predicted 11-5 pre-season & that's all that really matters.

After week 2 I wasn't sure we had something special but I was thinking I should've maybe been in the special education classes growing up.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I totally had us in the 9-7 to 7-9 range, with 6 and 10 wins not out of the equation. No way I thought we’d hit 11 wins, and I still don’t. If that happens Pete is the Coach of the year no matter the voting result.