The Seahawks Are Getting Coaches Fired | And I Like It

Fade

Reaction score
The Packers --> McCarthy got fired. I would say a big impetus was the Seahawks beating them. They pretty much quit after that game, and have gone into a tailspin.

The Panthers --> Ron Rivera has fired his DB & DL coaches and is taking over the defensive playcalling duties. I would say the Seahawks loss has mentally scarred that team. Cam goes out and throws 4 picks against a bad TB defense. I can also see Rivera getting canned at the end of the season.

If the Seahawks mush the Vikings on MNF. Flip (the Vikings OC) is going to get fired, I guarantee it. Zimmer has already called him out a few times, he is just looking for the excuse.

The Seahawks in general have a lot of fanbases around the league pissed off at their front offices & coaches. Because the Seahawks were supposed to be rebuilding, and not be this good this quickly. It is pretty entertaining to watch. As they point at the Seahawks as their example. "The Seahawks rebuilt quickly, so why can't we?"

I like it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Pete’s approach works best when rebuilding. It’s 2x as powerful with RW by his side.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Speaking of coaches getting fired, the Falcons don't play the Seahawks this season but a rumor is that Dan Quinn is on the hot seat. If he should get fired, do you bring him back into Seahawk fold? Would he come back to be a coach and not a DC?

Seahawker

Reaction score
Nice post Fade, been thinking the same thing. I don't think the success of PC & JS did Jeff Fisher & Jim Harbaugh any favors either. We could file the 2018 seasons of Sherman & Bennett here also.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Not sure where I stand on the McCarthy firing but yeah,,,,,,, let's stir this shit up. It is like everyone has been gunning for us for years,,, we took some hits and then we got a little subversive. I am sure Carolina and the Packers felt like they should have beaten us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but they didn't and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we freaking earned those wins.

Gonna be a lot of talk if we beat the Vikings. Doesn't Seattle have a Norwegian past culture? I know Poulsbo does. We can get axe dirty too. Lets do this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feeling really good about our team.

I know, only Monday.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Damn Fade you beat me to this cuz I was thinking about this and was going to start a thread on this theory.

Although this started years ago, I think McCarthy, Rivera, and Quinn particularly built thier rosters over the last 4-5 years, as well as past coaches like Fisher, Arians, and Harbaugh to beat one type of team. The Seahawks. So while those teams had some success manning up to the Seahawks from 2013-2017. You are seeing those systems/structure more or less crumbling against or struggling to compete with an ever changing league.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I think it's a little far fetched to believe any of those firings had to do with the Seahawks (aside from them being one of the teams that beat them this year). The Packers and Panthers both haven't won a game in nearly a month and have looked terrible doing it. As far as the firings, this season would be the cherry on top, but the cake has been out of the oven and ready for icing for quite a while.

Love my Hawks to death and give them a ton of credit for a lot of things, but this isn't one of them.

Atradees

Reaction score
Kyle Shannahan should be fired. Ive never heard anyone say anything so stupid as "Wilson threw my players shoes".....

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3j30qtfd said:
Damn Fade you beat me to this cuz I was thinking about this and was going to start a thread on this theory.

Although this started years ago, I think McCarthy, Rivera, and Quinn particularly built thier rosters over the last 4-5 years, as well as past coaches like Fisher, Arians, and Harbaugh to beat one type of team. The Seahawks. So while those teams had some success manning up to the Seahawks from 2013-2017. You are seeing those systems/structure more or less crumbling against or struggling to compete with an ever changing league.

Yeah, good point.

& going forward.

The Carroll -- Wilson combo is just lethal.

Pete can handle the defense. Wilson now with a proper O-Line can handle the Offense. Having a great defensive coach is going to be a valuable asset going forward as these teams transition to having young OC Head Coaches like McVay, Shanny. & Nagy types. Nagy would have failed if it wasn't for Fangio as an example, as he is one of the best DCs in the league. I question if Shanny will ever be a great Head Coach because his DC isn't good enough, and without a major upgrade at that spot Shanny is doomed. Teams will need to follow the McVay playbook and get a quality old vet DC to balance out the talented but inexperienced young head coach.

The Reed / Mahomes. McCarthy / Rodgers. Brees / Payton. Are all flawed through the years due to lack of defense. They will put up pretty numbers in the regular season, but will fall short in the post-season. The Seahawks were on the other end of the spectrum before Wilson showed up. Pete had built a top 5 defense & top 5 running game in 2011, but with Tarvaris Jackson at QB they were never going to do anything substantial. The Jags had built a great team, but Bortles.

You need both. Well if you want to be consistently great anyway, and not a flash in the pan.

I look forward to more firings of other teams in the near future brought on by the great play of the Seattle Seahawks. :2thumbs: (Except for the 9ers DC & AZ Head Coach. I hope they keep their jobs forever.)

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Atradees":athpx6kv said:
Kyle Shannahan should be fired. Ive never heard anyone say anything so stupid as "Wilson threw my players shoes".....
2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FebcEdgAJNhpYI2Fgiphy

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
BigMeach":2yv18l13 said:
I think it's a little far fetched to believe any of those firings had to do with the Seahawks (aside from them being one of the teams that beat them this year). The Packers and Panthers both haven't won a game in nearly a month and have looked terrible doing it. As far as the firings, this season would be the cherry on top, but the cake has been out of the oven and ready for icing for quite a while.

Love my Hawks to death and give them a ton of credit for a lot of things, but this isn't one of them.

The Packers were making plays and jumped on the Hawks. Then the 4th quarter happened. McCarthy was a dead man walking at that point.

Listen to the Carolina radio broadcast at the end of their game with the Seahawks. As big of a win as it was for the Hawks, it was equally crushing for the Panthers.

justafan

Reaction score
Zimmer,Quinn and the staffs probably should be fired. The talent isnt the problem on either team.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Shanny's team is losing by infiniti, and he's worried about a shoe. Hahhahaha if he worried about missed assignments, poorly executed play and QB footwork theymight have only lost by 10.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
BigMeach":3u4g4dtb said:

I agree.
While I do think the results of Packers/Hawks games at CLink probably played a part in the firing of McCarthy, I don't think it was why. His firing probably had something to do with losing AT HOME to a 2-9 team that hasn't won in Green Bay since 1949. That alone would be reason enough.

It is nice that they had a hand in it though.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
The firing that's most important.

Bevell
Cable

They got fired for beating themselves.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well if they are getting canned after us beating them, it is because they think we are suppose to be crappy. Seems more of a perception issue to me. If these teams lose to the Patriots, they sure don't get canned.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Those coaches still had life when they played the "Rebuilding" Seahawks, and we broke them.

Just like in years past, we were the Physical Team, and we put a couple of their players on the injury, or IR list. They were gassed after they played us, and their subsequent losses were a result of the Seahawks giving them a beatdown.

And if anybody hates losing to the Seahawks, it's Aaron Rodgers. When we beat them, again, his relationship with McCarthy, went in the toilet. Rodgers has to blame somebody. I think the GM needs to take some heat though, because Green Bay has no receievers. And this is not a new thing.

Chapow

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2rp161mx said:
BigMeach":2rp161mx said:

I agree.
While I do think the results of Packers/Hawks games at CLink probably played a part in the firing of McCarthy, I don't think it was why. His firing probably had something to do with losing AT HOME to a 2-9 team that hasn't won in Green Bay since 1949. That alone would be reason enough.

It is nice that they had a hand in it though.

Agree with both of these posts.

The rumors of McCarthy being on his way out have been swirling for awhile now. Since well before we beat them a couple weeks ago.

But if we're trying to give a team credit for his firing, it certainly seems like that Cards loss was the final nail in the coffin.