Biggest new player impacts

BubbaGump

Reaction score
This question is not to include position coaches, but is strictly about players. Which new player has impacted the Hawks the most this season? Pretty simple in asking really. Who is that player and why? Mine? DJ Fluker. He has solidified the Oline and I think he has helped Ifedi in more ways than we can know. His toughness is amazing and I think he has infected the rest of his Olinemen. (In a good way!!!) Which new player is yours?

Fade

Reaction score
Fluker is a flukin' great player for sure.

I would go with the Rookie Punter --> Big Balls Dicky, he and Fluker make a great combo.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
BBD Dickson! Likely an All-Pro his rookie season. Dude can flip the field from his own end zone. Stop balls on a dime, make them spin like a helicopter. That Aussie can ball.

OP
OP
BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I totally forgot about BBD! He has been Daggers!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dickson for sure but for me it's Fluker no doubt. No disrespect to Duane Brown who I think is an amazing acquisition but that giant man has single-handedly changed the attitude and trajectory of what was once a piss poor OL and now is one of the better OL's in the NFL. Unbelievable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree, if I had do a ranking.

1. Fluker
2. Flowers
3. Janikowski
4. Dickson
5. Sweezy
6. Mingo

Don't sleep on Janikowski's impact this year, some huge kicks and MUCH needed stability to the FGK position.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pgm74zp said:
Don't sleep on Janikowski's impact this year, some huge kicks and MUCH needed stability to the FGK position.

Very true. I was about to write him off early in the season but he's been money lately. (Okay minus the couple extra point misses Sunday LOL)

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1j7h3nfc said:

1. Fluker
2. Flowers
3. Janikowski
4. Dickson
5. Sweezy
6. Mingo

I'm going to throw in Will Dissly who was playing a big role prior to his injury (not biggest impact, but on that list somewhere) Also, why is Penny not on that list?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
If we had him all year long, most of us would be adding Mychal Kendricks to this list. In the 3 games we did have him, he had 15 tackles, 2 sacks, and a pass defense. He's coming back with fresh legs and should be a monster to close out the season.

Having him means we can rotate our linebackers better instead of simply playing whoever's healthy, which will benefit all of them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2js6qu5o said:
Sgt. Largent":2js6qu5o said:

1. Fluker
2. Flowers
3. Janikowski
4. Dickson
5. Sweezy
6. Mingo

I'm going to throw in Will Dissly who was playing a big role prior to his injury. Also, why is Penny not on that list?

Forgot about Penny, yeah I'd put him around #3 or #4.

I loved me some Dissly before he got hurt, seemed like he was on his way to being that Zach Miller type TE that's been missing.

OP
OP
BubbaGump

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Seymour":121t8rbx said:
Sgt. Largent":121t8rbx said:

1. Fluker
2. Flowers
3. Janikowski
4. Dickson
5. Sweezy
6. Mingo

I'm going to throw in Will Dissly who was playing a big role prior to his injury (not biggest impact, but on that list somewhere) Also, why is Penny not on that list?
I agree on Dissly. I hope he can come back from his injury. He has so much potential to be a pro bowl all around TE.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mfzdcmvl said:
Seymour":mfzdcmvl said:
Sgt. Largent":mfzdcmvl said:

1. Fluker
2. Flowers
3. Janikowski
4. Dickson
5. Sweezy
6. Mingo

I'm going to throw in Will Dissly who was playing a big role prior to his injury. Also, why is Penny not on that list?

Forgot about Penny, yeah I'd put him around #3 or #4.

I loved me some Dissly before he got hurt, seemed like he was on his way to being that Zach Miller type TE that's been missing.

Agree. I was mentioning them not because of them being the top 2018 contributor, but more that they are our new future and reason for optimism in 2019 and beyond. :2thumbs: