Who we rooting for???

tifferradish

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but do we root for Philly or Dallas this weekend? I hate the Cowboys and the Hawks beat them, but Philly is right behind us. Go Cowboys?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Well, the computers say to root for the Eagles for the 1-2% increase in playoff probability that win would provide.

However, the computer algorithms are not fully capable of considering the injury situation to the Redskins’ QBs. The Cowboys are surging and probably have a stranglehold on that division. That leaves the Eagles as one of the primary Wild Card competitors, along with the Vikings, Panthers, and Redskins. So I think Seahawks fans should probably root for the Cowboys to hand the Eagles another loss.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We have the toebreaker on the cowboys... but id jyst root for the team with the easiest schedule, hoping the other team craps out. That seems like philly

hawknation2018

Reaction score
It’s a coin flip. Pick your poison. Cowboys are a much easier team to root against.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
If Philly is a 6 seed, there would be no reason the Seahawks would have to travel east of Chicago. For that reason alone, I’m rooting for Jerruhs kids.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Philly loses they’re basically done. They’d be 6-7 with LA and Houston still on the schedule. Panthers still have NOLA twice. Redskins are completely fried now. It’d essentially by default make Seattle and Minnesota the wildcards.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would root for Philly, Cowboys are rising, Philly is trying to hold the pieces together.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Cowboys simply because there a game up and don't scare me. The eagles have been mediocre at best this year but there the defending champs and have a better coach and QB then the Cowboys. Plus we will more then likely face the winner of that division, give me Dallas all day.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm more worried about us getting steared by the Cowboys for Jerry's Kids then the Eagles, they had last year.

mikeak

Reaction score
While we have the tiebreaker against Dallas there are two reasons I hope they win this game

1) eliminate a wildcard opponent
2) we should match up really well against Dallas in a rematch. Rather see them than NO / Rams

seadawg

Reaction score
NO and the Rams would be in the 2nd round of the playoffs... Round 1 is looking like we'd be at Chicago or Dallas by the looks of the remaining schedules. Personally I'd rather face the Bears in that scenario, but like our odds against either of these opponents.

Dallas' D is playing well right now and they've gained Amari Cooper while we've lost ET since our last game in Seattle. Dallas is also feeding Zeke more now then when we played them earlier and he had success last time in Seattle. It's tough enough to win on the road in the playoffs, but playing in Dallas may come with uneven officiating. --- Hopefully we get a competent officiating crew.

Seattle is getting stronger and stronger in the run game as the season has gone on, better play from Russell, in no small part due to the run game, and getting better on D. We also have more players that have proven clutch in the playoffs, albeit fewer than in previous years.

Now Seattle playing in Soldier Field in the elements with an entirely different commitment to the run game than when we played Chicago in week 2 is something I'm excited to see. --- Let's see how Trubisky handles the pressure of the playoffs as well and how he looks when he comes back from his injury. --- I really like our odds in this match!

justafan

Reaction score
9 wins should get us in as long as we win 2 conference games and Carolina or the Eagles lose at least 1 game.Redskins need to lose 2 unless 1 of them is a conference game. They are the only team that will be able to match our conference record of 8-4. Of course I want 11 wins but we have breathing room with our conference record.

I think.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I hope Dallas wins. Let them sow up the division. Philly is more talented and experienced. I think we beat Dallas on the road in playoffs but Philly is a bad draw. Go dallas

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tough one, but I think Dallas winning would be better. Philly can still be very dangerous. They didn't win the title by accident.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Do we ever lose in Philadelphia? That alone sways me considerably.

ON paper though I’d say cheer for Dallas just to ensure our spot in the dance. I think Dallas or Chicago are equally tough opponents. Neither should be taken lightly with the way their defenses are playing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, sometimes the fact that two teams are playing each other is good because....one of them will lose. Either way, I feel like a playoff matchup at Dallas is better than January in Chicago.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Dallas -- simply because I'm thinking ahead and I'd rather play the Cowboys than the Eagles in the wild card round. I'd also rather play Dallas than Chicago, but there is absolutely no telling who will fall out where in the seeding.

Bottom line is if we take care of our own business and win at least 3 of our last 4 we should make the playoffs. That's the bigger thing to focus on.

justafan

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1eofglcs said:
I'm rooting for Dallas -- simply because I'm thinking ahead and I'd rather play the Cowboys than the Eagles in the wild card round. I'd also rather play Dallas than Chicago, but there is absolutely no telling who will fall out where in the seeding.

Bottom line is if we take care of our own business and win at least 3 of our last 4 we should make the playoffs. That's the bigger thing to focus on.

Ya 10 wins and we are a lock in the playoffs.The only team that could beat us out would be the Redskins with an equal conference record and some weird tie breaker of common games,strength of victory and strength of schedule. If they win out with Sanchez as QB. I actually laughed typing that

pmedic920

Reaction score
Side Note:

I’d love to see the Hawks have a playoff game in Dallas.

I think we stand a great chance of beating them, and I could drive to the game.

I have no clue what needs to happen in order for that game to take place but I’ll be pulling for it.

YMMV
:{)