Bobby Wagner named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSeahawksWire/status/1070407518688567296[/tweet]

Wagner stuffed the stat sheet on Sunday, racking up 12 tackles, one sack, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and a 98-yard interception returned for a touchdown – the longest in franchise history.

Wagner earned a single-game grade of 96.6 from Pro Football Focus, one of the highest marks of the entire season.

“You can’t talk about this game unless you talk about Bobby Wagner,” coach Pete Carroll commented after the game. “He just had a phenomenal game. There’s not many more things the guy could do. Just did another marvelous job of taking care of all the leadership stuff that he does.”

It was Wagner’s first defensive player of the week award this season, and Seattle’s second overall after defensive end Frank Clark won it in Week 6.

Seymour

Reaction score
Congrats BWags!!

You earned that one beyond any doubt buddy!! :2thumbs:

rcaido

Reaction score
Should be defensive player of the year a couple time now...South Alaskan player gets no love.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Another season or two of this kind of all pro play from Bobby and I'm placing him alongside Cortez Kennedy & Kenny Easley. Funny how those three are low keyed and steer away the brash trash talking & media light unlike a couple of other players I can think of.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Bobby will surely have a HOF career if he keeps his play anywhere near this level. I think he contributes almost as much to the team as a leader and QB of the defense as he does with his stats & that is what makes him really "special".

Chawker

Reaction score
That performance reminds me of Ali after that one fight, "I'm a baaaad man" and Bobby Wagner is the greatest!

justafan

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":24lw4wxu said:
Bobby will surely have a HOF career if he keeps his play anywhere near this level. I think he contributes almost as much to the team as a leader and QB of the defense as he does with his stats & that is what makes him really "special".

The guy is one of my all time Hawks and a HOF imo but I always wondered about his leadership in the locker room. This team needed someone to shut down the BS on the team last year and I would have thought Wags and KJ would have been those leaders.

I read an article years ago when there was a beef or dissension in the locker Hutch was the man who shut all that down.This team needed a no BS guy. But I suppose there is only one way to shut up some players and that is to ship them out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Well deserved, and should have been a total no brainer after that game Sunday!

Seymour

Reaction score
justafan":3curm95h said:
CamanoIslandJQ":3curm95h said:

The guy is one of my all time Hawks and a HOF imo but I always wondered about his leadership in the locker room. This team needed someone to shut down the BS on the team last year and I would have thought Wags and KJ would have been those leaders.

I read an article years ago when there was a beef or dissension in the locker Hutch was the man who shut all that down.This team needed a no BS guy. But I suppose there is only one way to shut up some players and that is to ship them out.

Agree. But that still doesn't shut them up either. Just mutes the volume to tolerable levels. :2thumbs:

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Well deserved! I dunno what kind of performance another defensive player would have had to turn in to beat out what Bobby did! Dude has been so solid and consistent throughout his entire career. Congrats Bobby!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Kam was the main leader on D in the locker room as far as I can tell. Now that Kam isn’t playing, Bobby has stepped into that role (you can hear it on his mic’d up in the other thread).