Heavy dose of POONA FORD

danp1990

Reaction score
Finally saw a good showing of Poona Ford and I thought he did fairly well . Anybody else have any input? Good to see my adopt a rookie.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He was awesome in the first half. Great penetration and hustle. I think he’s a keeper. The Baldwin of this years UDFA class.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I agree. he’s our primary run stuffing DT. The Niners ran the ball the first two plays of the game and guess made the tackle?

Poona Ford.

The first two tackles were credited to him.

He is legit and I see him starting against the Vikes.

Fade

Reaction score
I liked him during the draft process. I knew he was a great prospect. He looked like a mini-mebane on film. Big12 conference player of the year. I was stunned when he wasn't invited to the combine. Then stunned again when he didn't get drafted.

I thought surely he would go in the 5th-7th rounds somewhere? Only due to height. If he were 6-1, he would've been a 3rd-4th rounder similar to Mebane. The Seahawks got a steal in UDFA.

So odd to see him inactive so many weeks. Reports were he really impressed the coaches, and was killing it in camp. He does well in the pre-season games, then the regular season comes and... hit the bench kid (inactive). The guys in front of him weren't exactly killing it as evidenced by the rushing stats.

toffee

Reaction score
Not sure if we have any super stars in the making, but Jarran, Poona, Nazir, Rasheem, Dion .... playing as a disciplined unit could be quite serviceable, they are all young and hungry. Especially if Poona, Nazir, Rasheem and Dion could elevate their plays to Jarran's level.

Seymour

Reaction score
Love me some Poona!

Sure glad his last name is not Tang though. :twisted:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seymour":x60naghe said:
Love me some Poona!

Sure glad his last name is not Tang though. :twisted:

I have a co-worker with that last name, so it theoretically *could* happen...