Opinions on S. Richardson

jmahon316

Reaction score
...coming back to the Seahawks? Vikings still have yet to extend his contract and he played for them at a team-friendly deal this year. How does everyone feel on bringing him back? I haven't watched really any Vikings games this season so I'm unsure of his production level there but fans in Vikings' forums love the guy so he must be doing well...right?

Jville

Reaction score
Jaren Reed is our rising star.

Also, going into the Monday Night Game ............ [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1070349016620093441[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sheldon is stuck in the doghouse of the "I think he looks lazy so I hate him" crowd, along with Jimmy Graham, so you're not going to get much enthusiasm for him coming back, despite his production.

Seymour

Reaction score
No thanks. Another one of those problem childs that has questionable effort at times and creates locker room tension. I'll stick with Jones, Ford, Reed.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I thought he played well for us when here. Doubt we would offer a big contract nor do I think he would want to come back.

King Dog

Reaction score
Since we're paying Tom Johnson to play against us this week, hopefully he will hold back his effort to 75% or so. It's the right thing to do :)

justafan

Reaction score
If these guys are just now going to give it an extra effort it explains why they arent here and why one of the most talented teams in the league is fighting for its lives and a wildcard birth.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Nope. The only thing that could have made the Sheldon trade worse would have been giving him a contract that could impede the ability to extend a significantly better player in Jarran Reed.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jville":1iu44rru said:

Also, going into the Monday Night Game ............ [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1070349016620093441[/tweet]

They should call Golden Tate and they could meet up for dinner and bash the Seahawks...….

rcaido

Reaction score
If anything Johnson should be happy...He got double pay, why have a grudge.

Sheldon is only 28, he is still young. He's talented but the value of results & salary would not work for us.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":lhzqwuxf said:
Jville":lhzqwuxf said:

They should call Golden Tate and they could meet up for dinner and bash the Seahawks...….

Dont forget to invite Sherman... ;)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1ay09bxz said:
mikeak":1ay09bxz said:
Jville":1ay09bxz said:

Sherm doesn't bash the Seahawks, only Russell Wilson.

toffee

Reaction score
Maulbert":vbi7v0wn said:
Hawkpower":vbi7v0wn said:
mikeak":vbi7v0wn said:
Jville":vbi7v0wn said:

Add Pete Carroll, make that Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll, which happened to be two pillars of our franchise.

rcaido

Reaction score
Maybe Bruce Irvin but i think he is busy making babies...

Maulbert

Reaction score
toffee":11kzuuh9 said:
Maulbert":11kzuuh9 said:
Hawkpower":11kzuuh9 said:
mikeak":11kzuuh9 said:

Add Pete Carroll, make that Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll, which happened to be two pillars of our franchise.

Actually, he was nothing but roses about Pete before last week's game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
41 combined tackles
3.5 sacks
8 Million one year salary?

Eh, I'm fine with Reed and our interior D-Lineman. I'd rather develop guys like Ford, Stephen, Jefferson and Jones, then pay guys like Bennett and Richardson 8M+ on one year deals to play well, but not that well and wear down when we need them most.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IMO - The DL free agency guys they bring in will all be considerably cheaper than Richardson's cost. They should have learned some lessons about cap management and overpriced players from the recent past. Draft a couple and develop them & save a boat load of money, that's the ticket.

:smilingalien:

knownone

Reaction score
Richardson is underrated amongst most of our fans. He was definitely worth the 8 million the Vikings are paying him but his fit here long term didn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense. John and Pete have proven they can find guys in the draft or in free agency that can stop the run and Richardson didn't provide enough pass rush to justify his salary in Seattle.

I wouldn't mind adding Suh in the offseason. He's a horrible fit in the Rams scheme and after this season he's likely to make less than Richardson in free agency.