Who is the best pass rusher is Hawks history.

stang233

Reaction score
I have been a die hard hawks fan since 1993 when I was old enough to understand the game. But who is the best pass rusher is Hawks history? Jacob Green is the Hawks sack leader but he only averaged around 8 a year.. By a quick glance Frank Clark has the second highest average. But no way he can take over a game like JG or even Tez. Maybe it was was Patrick Kerney. 24 sacks in just a couple years. Bennet had 118 QB hits, by far the most.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Michael Sinclair was good. Rufus Porter was a linebacker but was great as an end rusher. Avril and Bennett, of course, were good. I'm not sure the Hawks have ever had somebody you could point to as the best in a "class if their own" sense.

Oh, and keep in mind the era when looking at numbers. Teams weren't as pass happy in Jacob Green's day so there would be fewer opportunities.

getnasty

Reaction score
I feel like Michael Sinclair was pretty good but doesn't get the love he deserves. He might not have had the most sack numbers wise but Tez had to be the best.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It’s Jacob Green. His sustained success at getting after the QB when teams were attempting far less pass attempts was trememdous.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Tez, and it's not even close. I'm pretty sure he still holds the NFL single season sack record for an interior linemen. Watching Tez play was a thing of beauty. Too bad he died so young, such a legend.

A valid argument could be made for Jacob Green and John Randle. For me though, it will always be Tez.

Maulbert

Reaction score
stang233":3jo1kh3i said:
I have been a die hard hawks fan since 1993 when I was old enough to understand the game. But who is the best pass rusher is Hawks history? Jacob Green is the Hawks sack leader but he only averaged around 8 a year.. By a quick glance Frank Clark has the second highest average. But no way he can take over a game like JG or even Tez. Maybe it was was Patrick Kerney. 24 sacks in just a couple years. Bennet had 118 QB hits, by far the most.

Jacob Green's official sack total of 97.5 is actually fewer than his total career sacks. The NFL didn't start counting sacks until 1982, so Green's career total is actually 116.

seabowl

Reaction score
Not the best but Rufus Porter and Mike McCrary were good during their time

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3vv7t3cz said:
Tez, and it's not even close. I'm pretty sure he still holds the NFL single season sack record for an interior linemen. Watching Tez play was a thing of beauty. Too bad he died so young, such a legend.

A valid argument could be made for Jacob Green and John Randle. For me though, it will always be Tez.

That’s false. Hell Donald this year has 16.5 sacks through 12 games lol. I think our franchise record for sacks in a season is 16, by Mike Sinclair.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Michael Sinclair at his peak. He had a great 3 seasons then lost a step due to diabetes.

If only we had a QB in those days.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Reaneypark":26n7xuxl said:
It’s Jacob Green. His sustained success at getting after the QB when teams were attempting far less pass attempts was trememdous.

Yup, Green and it's not close.

Fade

Reaction score
Young Tez was ridiculous.

I would give it to Sinclair overall though.

Modern Seahawks = Bennett.

Chis Clemons was underrated as well.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Steve2222":1aaoq10g said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1aaoq10g said:

That’s false. Hell Donald this year has 16.5 sacks through 12 games lol. I think our franchise record for sacks in a season is 16, by Mike Sinclair.

Keith Millard has the record with 18 and Donald has his sights on that.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Steve2222":8jmzjima said:
Sox-n-Hawks":8jmzjima said:

Like I said. INTERIOR lineman. Not DE. :2thumbs:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Tez. He was double and triple-teamed more than Stormy Daniels.

Legend.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2fioxn1y said:
Steve2222":2fioxn1y said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2fioxn1y said:

I may end up sounding stupid, but isn't Donald an interior lineman?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":10x2iwak said:
Sox-n-Hawks":10x2iwak said:
Steve2222":10x2iwak said:
Sox-n-Hawks":10x2iwak said:

Iay end up sounding stupid, but isn't Donald and interior lineman?
interior linemen are generally listed as DT or NT. Donald is listed as a DE.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Donald is most definitely an interior DL lol. I hope you’re not being serious.