The importance of winning tonight and next week

seabowl

Reaction score
Obviously we want to win tonight to help our chance of making the playoffs. The biggest thing though is winning the next 2 which guarantees a playoff spot and at that point rest those players (think Fluker etc...) that need it and get them ready for the playoffs. That's the one good thing about not being a division leader at this point. We won't be jockeying for position much come the last week of the season (maybe 2) and risk guys getting hurt if they do choose to rest them.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Earning the 5th seed is important. We don’t really want to play at Chicago.

Dallas also poses a challenge, but not as much as Chicago’s #1 defense, elite pass rush, and frozen tundra home field.

It would also be nice to have at least the minute possibility of hosting the NFC Championship Game, should we be fortunate enough to get there.

It’s even more important to maintain positive momentum entering the playoffs, to keep the offense rolling, and to fix the defensive breakdowns between the 20-yard lines.

Elemas

Reaction score
Agree with wanting to face Dallas vs. Chicago.

Even with the addition of A. Cooper, I think we can beat that team anywhere....

I think we could take Chicago as well but, they are definitely geared to stop our strengths on offense...not sure if they are "peaking at the right time" but, they looked impressive against the Rams.

Would love to see the Rams in the conference final. I truly believe we would have their number this time.

Proud of this team...was thinking 8-8 at best, with 7-9 being a more realistic W/L. Who truly didn't doubt after the 0-2 start?

If we can take this game tonight, I really like our chances.

Go Hawks!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Extremely important. Gotta win 3 of 4 imo. Only concern will be the league interference playing in Dallas in the playoffs

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Nervous about going into Jerry 's world.
Kris Richard has created a D# over there.
The Bears are badass too. They came out of nowhere ...
But let's win tonight first. Then see what happens next.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was just talking about that yesterday while watching Red Zone w/a bunch of friends. I was like "When did Dallas get a defense?" :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38s9y3lt said:
Was just talking about that yesterday while watching Red Zone w/a bunch of friends. I was like "When did Dallas get a defense?" :lol:

They definitely looked great against the Saints, but it's hard to tell how good any of the NFC East teams are when they're playing each other..........IMO they're all pretty bad.

Dallas looks to be the least stinky of them, but I don't put much stock in their defense when they're playing divisionally.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think they are by far the worst of the 4 division leaders. Though it's safe to say that trade for Cooper turned out to be a real good one. And yes, it did hurt to say that. The Hawks just match up well against them imo. We can pound the rock on anyone, and I don't trust that Dak can really get it done in the playoffs. He's an average QB, nothing more.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Dallas has the second best defense in the NFC right now according to DVOA and their offense has been improving steadily ever since picking up Cooper. We'd be underdogs there as well probably by about the same margin as in Chicago, who has the #1 defense but a much worse offense.

The only reasons I see to root for the #5 seed particularly hard are:
1) Momentum entering playoffs
2) Very small chance of NFC conference championship in Seattle against #6
3) We want to win every football game we play. What's the point in playing a game if we don't care about the outcome?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
If we win every game left this season and in the playoffs I'm certain we'll be Super Bowl champs...

GO HAWKS!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Give me Chicago, the Circus at Dallas and the chance of a Jerry's Kids flavored Officials Crew bothers me. I think we can scheme for Chicago well and where it may not be high scoring our QB experience and multi headed running attack can pull it out.

Fade

Reaction score
#5 vs #4 DAL is ideal.

Wilson faces DAL scheme everyday in practice. He is far more comfortable going against it. DAL also plays on an artificial surface, and weather isn't a factor. SEA has the better QB so again that environment favors the Seahawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks are more than capable of beating Dallas OR Chicago. But the point about the refs in Dallas is a very good one. Like the last drive yesterday when you could see blatant holds not called against their O Line. Pathetic.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
chris98251":2kehxgea said:
Give me Chicago, the Circus at Dallas and the chance of a Jerry's Kids flavored Officials Crew bothers me. I think we can scheme for Chicago well and where it may not be high scoring our QB experience and multi headed running attack can pull it out.

Chicago is hard to run on. They bottled Gurley up. Not to mention Russell has some well documented struggles playing in the cold. Vikings playoff game in 2016 and the 5 pick game in Green Bay.

I'm not sure why you guys are afraid of Dallas and the officials, next to the Bengals they have the most home playoff losses the last 10 years. Remember in 2016 when they went 13 and 3 and lost in the divisional round to a 9 and 7 Green Bay their first playoff game

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams had 2 of their Starters on the O line hurt. Gurley as a straight ahead runner doesn't scare me, it's when the passing game is clicking and your dropping in zone that he has hurt people with lanes to run in.

Chicago has fast LB's and can shut down the sweeps, our maulers and Carsons ability to break tackles is a whole different look, it also negates Macks ability to tee off as a Pass Rusher. He has to play honest and the Read Option will keep them playing their gaps and zones.

hawks85

Reaction score
Fade":2g3bs373 said:
#5 vs #4 DAL is ideal.

Wilson faces DAL scheme everyday in practice. He is far more comfortable going against it. DAL also plays on an artificial surface, and weather isn't a factor. SEA has the better QB so again that environment favors the Seahawks.
I rather play Chicago. I dont like dallas at all or jerry jones. Jones is so shady I wouldnt be surprised if that idiot payed off the officials to make sure they win in the playoffs.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Winning is important.

It's important that we won.

We should keep winning because it's so important.

GO HAWKS!!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Fade":1j2wboeh said:
#5 vs #4 DAL is ideal.

I’ve been hoping for this as well. We fare much better under the roof, match up well with Dallas and I don’t want any part of that Chi D and blustery weather. And anytime you can beat Dallas and make Jerry and that whole stadium sulk is ultra gratifying!