Vikings catch late was out of bounds

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
1:56 left in the 4th, ball o.k. The 35, caught at the 23 yard line.

He was in the air when he caught it, right foot came down inbounds, left foot came down out of bounds.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I thought it was in real time but never saw a replay.

Was it really? Video?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1gcu8136 said:
I thought it was in real time but never saw a replay.

Was it really? Video?

Nah. It wasn't so bad...

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Listening to 710 yesterday I was sure they'd bring this up, unless I missed it, I didn't hear anything about it.

Imagine that, Moore's catch was "out of bounds," but Minne's catch was "inbounds." Piss poor reffing for and against both teams.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
ivotuk":158s2yfy said:
Listening to 710 yesterday I was sure they'd bring this up, unless I missed it, I didn't hear anything about it.

Imagine that, Moore's catch was "out of bounds," but Minne's catch was "inbounds." Piss poor reffing for and against both teams.

I have no idea if you're trying to say that you were mistaken because they didn't talk about it or you're doubling down without any evidence of any kind to back up what you're saying.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SLOPPY, SHITTY Officiating; Replay showed that Cousins was over the LOS with a critical pass, but the Ref's didn't give a shit, and let it go...I guess that didn't want to be a part of causing a Shut Out...…….Right is Right..... that wasn't. :pukeface:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":10ja351g said:
SLOPPY, SHITTY Officiating; Replay showed that Cousins was over the LOS with a critical pass, but the Ref's didn't give a shit, and let it go...I guess that didn't want to be a part of causing a Shut Out...…….Right is Right..... that wasn't. :pukeface:

There is always an conspiracy in sight.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":3cwp4ryy said:

David Moore's catch was out of bounds. He never got his back foot down on the ground.

Oh and also.. they won 21-7 ICYMI. Who cares about this call now?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
scutterhawk":32svjpxz said:

While the officiating left a lot to be desired, most of the calls being derided in this thread were very close judgement calls that easily could be argued either way. That doesn't make it sloppy if refs make a call down the wrong side of a 50/50 call.
If at least 1% of Cousins was on the LOS its a legal pass. If Thelein slightly tapped a tow going out of bounds it's a catch. If Moore didn't quite control the ball before his left foot left the ground its OOB. If Wagner used his hands for balance rather than leverage its a legal block. These are all very close judgement calls that happen all the time.

The bad calls were the Wagner helmet opening call and the Ifedi personal foul. Those were awful. The others were just very close and didn't necessarily go the way the fans wanted.

Vikings can fuss about the blocked kick and the DPI on Rhodes and we can fuss about the Wagner helmet and Moore OOB call.

Best team won in the end so I could care less about these refs.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":15y8xkmi said:
ivotuk":15y8xkmi said:

David Moore's catch was out of bounds. He never got his back foot down on the ground.

Do you mean the left foot that was on the ground when he made the catch (gained control), or the right foot (2nd foot down) than landed inbounds in the endzone?

That constitutes 2 feet down.

TD Russ to Moore. Called otherwise.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":nx8qvziq said:
scutterhawk":nx8qvziq said:

While the officiating left a lot to be desired, most of the calls being derided in this thread were very close judgement calls that easily could be argued either way. That doesn't make it sloppy if refs make a call down the wrong side of a 50/50 call.
If at least 1% of Cousins was on the LOS its a legal pass. If Thelein slightly tapped a tow going out of bounds it's a catch. If Moore didn't quite control the ball before his left foot left the ground its OOB. If Wagner used his hands for balance rather than leverage its a legal block. These are all very close judgement calls that happen all the time.

The bad calls were the Wagner helmet opening call and the Ifedi personal foul. Those were awful. The others were just very close and didn't necessarily go the way the fans wanted.

Vikings can fuss about the blocked kick and the DPI on Rhodes and we can fuss about the Wagner helmet and Moore OOB call.

Best team won in the end so I could care less about these refs.

Winning is beside the point, Conspiracy Theories be damned, OVERLY sloppy Officiating is unacceptable.
I've seen the call where 1/10 of .000001% of the Quarterbacks still being on the safe side of the LOS get flagged for an Illegal Forward Pass.....Must be a Field Fit Judgement gig eh.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3fm8njdx said:
Hasselbeck":3fm8njdx said:
ivotuk":3fm8njdx said:

Do you mean the left foot that was on the ground when he made the catch (gained control), or the right foot (2nd foot down) than landed inbounds in the endzone?

That constitutes 2 feet down.

TD Russ to Moore. Called otherwise.

This ^
Another Shitty "Judgement call" by the Ref.....Replay showed that he indeed did have control of the ball with his "Back Foot" in bounds

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anything that close should be looked at. It's pathetic that Pete had to do the standard time out thing in HOPES that the damn refs would call to take a look at it. In what world is that not a bang bang play? Oh wait, it's the Hawks.....

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that one but in all honesty that was one of the worst officiated games I've seen. Was proud of our guys to stay focused and battle through the poor officiating. BTW, anybody else think that ref looks like James Murray from Impractical Jokers? LOL.