The voice of the media

Chawker

Reaction score
I thought that they would be talking about how mighty my Seahawks were last night,but no all I'm hearing is how kurt cousins suck. It like they don't even know any of our guys short of Russ and wags. This is such a slap in the face to our guys its unbelievable.

I hope they can spend a little time watching film and going over our roaster. Unfrigginbelievable.
Cheers

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins is the big topic this morning, with good reason.

Big contract, mediocre results and now OC fired. Hawks got their attention last night

iigakusei

Reaction score
I have seen the Hawks get lots of love from national media the last couple weeks. The narrative seems to be they are the one team nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1df0njq9 said:

Big contract, mediocre results and now OC fired. Hawks got their attention last night

But it's about us Si. It's about how we never get any respect by the national media. EAST COAST BIAS! SCHEDULERS SCREWED US AGAIN!! FIRE CABLE!! BEVELL'S THE DEVIL!! RUSSELL'S TOO SHORT!!!! SCREW YOU CHRIS CARTER!!! AGHHHHH!!

Seymour

Reaction score
Chawker":2h1631d7 said:
I thought that they would be talking about how mighty my Seahawks were last night,but no all I'm hearing is how kurt cousins suck. It like they don't even know any of our guys short of Russ and wags. This is such a slap in the face to our guys its unbelievable.

I hope they can spend a little time watching film and going over our roaster. Unfrigginbelievable.
Cheers

Not unbelievable IMO. This is the same team that just let Nobody Mullens an undrafted BU QB put up a 95 passer rating 413 passing yards on 30 completions 1 week before on us.

Can you really blame people for thinking this was more on Cousins? He looked like a deer in headlights.

Doesn't mean our D wasn't a force....it clearly was.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":npcw7kv3 said:
Chawker":npcw7kv3 said:

Cheers

Not unbelievable IMO. This is the same team that just let Nobody Mullens an undrafted BU QB put up a 95 passer rating 413 passing yards on 30 completions 1 week before on us.

Can you really blame people for thinking this was more on Cousins? He looked like a deer in headlights.

Exactly.. and i think the hawks will get more attention as the week continues.

They are inches from the playoffs, playing really well, and a threat to cause some havoc once they get there.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I've seen the media talk about Seahawks and Chargers being the two teams no one should want to play in the playoffs. Both can go on the road and slug out a victory. I have a feeling as the playoffs get closer and the D keeps playing this well, the media noise will only get louder.

Kirk was supposed to be the guy who puts them into the SB this year and instead they're looking at maybe a WC spot. Definitely a valid reason to be discussing the Vikings more than the Seahawks today as their new QB looked shell-shocked in a playoff environment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mistaowen":1vbm6x04 said:
I've seen the media talk about Seahawks and Chargers being the two teams no one should want to play in the playoffs. Both can go on the road and slug out a victory. I have a feeling as the playoffs get closer and the D keeps playing this well, the media noise will only get louder.

Kirk was supposed to be the guy who puts them into the SB this year and instead they're looking at maybe a WC spot. Definitely a valid reason to be discussing the Vikings more than the Seahawks today as their new QB looked shell-shocked in a playoff environment.

Shhh.........you're wrecking a perfectly good false narrative that myopic Hawk fans cling to like grim death.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
iigakusei":166l6x4f said:
I have seen the Hawks get lots of love from national media the last couple weeks. The narrative seems to be they are the one team nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

This is what I am hearing too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
mistaowen":24f3yyy8 said:

Spock said it was not logical.

Seahawker

Reaction score
A faction of the old school eastern media & commentators were all too eager to predict the Seahawks would stall this season. They were proven wrong and then forced to watch one of their pet teams from the former storied black & blue division get ragdolled by a young Hawks team wearing those neon green (dramamine) uniforms. It's just pain doing the talking.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawker76":20b4np69 said:
A faction of the old school eastern media & commentators were all too eager to predict the Seahawks would stall this season. They were proven wrong and then forced to watch one of their pet teams from the former storied black & blue division get ragdolled by a young Hawks team wearing those neon green (dramamine) uniforms. It's just pain doing the talking.

Everyone predicted the Hawks would stall this season. East coast, west coast, midwest, China, Russia, Papau New Guinea, Mars.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":30b51lkd said:
Seahawker76":30b51lkd said:

Everyone predicted the Hawks would stall this season. East coast, west coast, midwest, China, Russia, Papau New Guinea, Mars.
Not me friend, I had them at 10-6 and we may go 11-5. Uh, on the junk pile because Bennet, Sherm & Earl took their balls & walked home? Nope, not on the PC & JS watch.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33alz593 said:
Seahawker76":33alz593 said:

Correct. Go back and look at this board after we went 0-4 in preseason. Go back and look at this board after we started 0-2 in the regular season.

This fan base was being far, FAR more critical of this team than any of the talking heads or media.

Honestly, this "EHR MAH GERD THEY DIDNT BELIEVE IN US IM SO OFFENDED!!!" narrative is pretty gross coming from this fan base after the overwhelming negativity I saw on this board earlier this season.

zetes

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2y5oduza said:
Seahawker76":2y5oduza said:

It's much more fun to blame the mystic "East Coast bias" for all Seahawk ills and disrespect -- it may be responsible for more conspiracies than the Illuminati!

The redskins dropped some huge passes with wide open recievers in key situations, the Redskins got screwed on the Lockett PI and the non-call of Wagner jumping FG block. In addition, they were one of the best teams last year who added the most expensive QB (at least guaranteed money) ever and their team somehow is mediocre.... so, it kinda makes sense to me why the is emphasis is on Cousins sucking big time.

Z.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
zetes":3q0yzgcb said:
Sgt. Largent":3q0yzgcb said:
Seahawker76":3q0yzgcb said:

It's much more fun to blame the mystic "East Coast bias" for all Seahawk ills and disrespect -- it may be responsible for more conspiracies than the Illuminati!

The redskins dropped some huge passes with wide open recievers in key situations, the Redskins got screwed on the Lockett PI and the non-call of Wagner jumping FG block. In addition, they were one of the best teams last year who added the most expensive QB (at least guaranteed money) ever and their team somehow is mediocre.... so, it kinda makes sense to me why the is emphasis is on Cousins sucking big time.

Z.

Son.

The Redskins?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":1nby95cg said:
Sgt. Largent":1nby95cg said:
Seahawker76":1nby95cg said:

Correct. Go back and look at this board after we went 0-4 in preseason. Go back and look at this board after we started 0-2 in the regular season.

This fan base was being far, FAR more critical of this team than any of the talking heads or media.

Honestly, this "EHR MAH GERD THEY DIDNT BELIEVE IN US IM SO OFFENDED!!!" narrative is pretty gross coming from this fan base after the overwhelming negativity I saw on this board earlier this season.

Be careful, I just got yelled at for criticizing our fans on this topic. Tread lightly.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Who cares what the media has to say? I just hope all the other teams are also underestimating us but I kinda doubt it.

FTR, I predicted, on these pages, an 11-5 record for us this season.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1bh1jmyq said:

And the Vike's FO gave him $88 Mill guaranteed.

He does not have the quick-decision making skills to lead a team to the upper ranks.

253hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":12yij2ma said:
Chawker":12yij2ma said:

Cheers

And a few weeks before that they held Drew Brees to 120 yards and still lost while Cousins went 31/41 and 360 yards.