Rookie Jacob Martin had another great game

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Three pressures (a hurry, a QB hit, and a sack), a beautiful forced fumble on the sack, and a run stop, while playing just 13 snaps.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DLineVids/status/1072458037783355392[/tweet]

Frank Clark also had a good game. Four pressures (including a sack and QB hit) and three run stops on 45 snaps.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Yeah, how about Jacob Martin! Another Diamond in the Rough discovered by John Schneider and his scouting party!

I think the reason most people overlooked him is because he played on an obscure team, and wasn't very visible. I couldn't find a single video of him playing last spring.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I really like how Martin is playing. If he can develop along side Clark and Reed, and they are able to sign another rusher, the Hawks are going to have the best line in the NFL. IMHO

zetes

Reaction score
I thought he has had a pretty good season even before yesterday -- especially since he hasn't had a tonne of opportunities and he's a rookie late round pick. He fits perfectly with the Seahawks desire to have a whole bunch of pass rushers that they can keep fresh and consistently rotate.
Z.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He just keeps getting better as the season goes on. He kind of reminds me of what Bruce Irvin was his rookie year, just pure speed off the edge. I hope he can get some pass rush moves under his belt and really start to become a force off the edge.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
His helmet made a good strip on Cousins. :)

I've been impressed with him. I can't wait to see more of Him and Greene. I think they've got bright futures ahead of them.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1jxs5xyj said:
His helmet made a good strip on Cousins. :)

I've been impressed with him. I can't wait to see more of Him and Greene. I think they've got bright futures ahead of them.

And Poona Ford. Once he develops some pass rush moves, Ford will be dangerous.

justafan

Reaction score
Next season we might be good on DE.Hopefully he continues to develop. 1 thing i saw on the fumble recovery was he jumped up to block and he started to push a guy from behind but stopped before he got a block in the back which would have nullified a TD. He showed good awareness in a huge moment.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Another solid late round acquisition. Maybe this FO actually knows how to find players. Just saying'!

ivotuk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":13xucjj9 said:
Another solid late round acquisition. Maybe this FO actually knows how to find players. Just saying'!

:lol: Are you saying that someone has said otherwise? ;)

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I know it’s way too early but the last two draft classes are looking good. Draft grade should be A+ if Will Dissly fully recovers.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This defensive line is definitely a problem area for the 2018 team.

But I'm really excited to see if any (or all) of Martin, Green and Ford make the sophomore leap in 2019. If two of those pop, this unit -- along with a presumed first round pass rusher -- should be instantly improved.

This unit, along with reasonable expecation of improvement with Flowers/Griffin has a very real shot of being a top 10 NFL defense next year. This rebuild year is looking very very promising.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
After the superb performance we saw Monday Night, I'm expecting to see all of the DL step up for a great Post Season performance. A great pass rush is essential if we are to advance in the Post Season.