This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Francisco 49ers

BlueThunder

Reaction score

Maulbert

Reaction score
The webzone is the most toxic, self-absorbed, cesspool of a team forum I have encountered. It's really astounding the shit that flies over there. Also the only board I've ever encountered that actively encourages wishing injury on opposing teams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Like I said last time, the Niners Denial Zone is the dirty filthy rest stop toliet of the Internet.

Polaris

Reaction score
Maulbert":2b2ztkie said:
The webzone is the most toxic, self-absorbed, cesspool of a team forum I have encountered. It's really astounding the shit that flies over there. Also the only board I've ever encountered that actively encourages wishing injury on opposing teams.

Or as the late Alex Guiness put it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcb4_QwP6fE

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
That ElGuapo guy must have an IQ closer to a rock than a potato.

Elguapo: "Anyways back to Russell Wilson, I'm still waiting for the Seattle apologists to try to convince me yet again that his statistics are better this year than other years yet he has regressed so much further every single year he plays.

For all of you that loves statistics the Niners defense is 11th in the league. Right? It's the stats, 11th in yards but we can admit that the Niners defense is a lot worse than Stats suggest much like RWs stats."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":19r7synl said:
That ElGuapo guy must have an IQ closer to a rock than a potato.

Elguapo: "Anyways back to Russell Wilson, I'm still waiting for the Seattle apologists to try to convince me yet again that his statistics are better this year than other years yet he has regressed so much further every single year he plays.

For all of you that loves statistics the Niners defense is 11th in the league. Right? It's the stats, 11th in yards but we can admit that the Niners defense is a lot worse than Stats suggest much like RWs stats."
Elguapo is also Seattle49’er down there, he plays the multiple screen name game .
He was Livinginhawktown and others here before they all got banned.

Got a feeling he is still here posing as a Hawks fan (whom I won’t mention), but don’t have the ability to check his IP address anymore.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
i used to spend a little time on the official forum they had.. it was mixed.

Then somehow a moment of clarity smacked me in the face and I had to ask myself 'why would i waste another minute of my life reading the thoughts of hypocrites" now it is just a drive by post if at all.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
uncle fester":3omoxo6e said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3omoxo6e said:

Indeed...

They're still riding the coattails of their 2012 draft.

...As opposed to riding the coattails of a series of Super Bowls won before most of them were born?
LOL....
I doubt this will get quoted over there becuase it’s the truth.

Hilarious thing is..... if all of their Lombardi trophies sprouted legs and walked into a bar they could all LEGALLY drink! :lol:

rlkats

Reaction score
My Niners are gonna destroy the seachickens, then we gonna win the suoerbowl.

Hahahahaha I woke up. .

Good luck you hawk fans. I don’t think you will need it. Here is to an injury free fun game.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25ncbfin said:
uncle fester":25ncbfin said:
Sox-n-Hawks":25ncbfin said:

Indeed...

...As opposed to riding the coattails of a series of Super Bowls won before most of them were born?
LOL....

Hilarious thing is..... if all of their Lombardi trophies sprouted legs and walked into a bar they could all LEGALLY drink! :lol:

And you know what they really hate? When you mention the obvious, undenieable FACT.... That ALL of their Championships were won PRIOR to the Salary Cap. Ed DeBartolo Jr. was, BY FAR at the time, the richest owner in all of sports. That enabled them to retain all that talent whilst they piled on more and more and more, instead of having to let them walk like every team has to do nowadays. Yes, Eddie BOUGHT those Championships. Just like the owner of the Florida Marlins did in that "one-off" year in the MLB. There's no arguing it. This is the essence of WHY the salary cap was instituted. Yes. Niner fans HATE it when people bring up this FACT. With Paul Allen as owner, we may have won 10 in a row under those rules, seeing as he has been by far the richest owner in the league recently. And I would have been much less proud of those victories that I am with our one, and almost two with these modern rules. Now the only thing you can buy are GM's and Coaches. And Paul did a damn fine job of that! Still waiting for MLB to institute a hard salary cap like the NFL, so we can permanently neuter the Yankees.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jpjcorg said:
Like I said last time, the Niners Denial Zone is the dirty filthy rest stop toliet of the Internet.
Oh, I don't know about that. On the Extreme Skins forum, I used to get called a racist anytime I would say anything against RGKnee or the Redskins team itself.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":365zmesb said:
Sports Hernia":365zmesb said:
Oh, I don't know about that. On the Extreme Skins forum, I used to get called a racist anytime I would say anything against RGKnee or the Redskins team itself.
I don’t doubt they called you they as that, as that place is a cesspool as well but....
There can be more than one dirty filthy rest stop toliet of the Internet you know. 8)

NINEster

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2bht892v said:
Sports Hernia":2bht892v said:
uncle fester":2bht892v said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2bht892v said:

Indeed...

LOL....

And you know what they really hate? When you mention the obvious, undenieable FACT.... That ALL of their Championships were won PRIOR to the Salary Cap. Ed DeBartolo Jr. was, BY FAR at the time, the richest owner in all of sports. That enabled them to retain all that talent whilst they piled on more and more and more, instead of having to let them walk like every team has to do nowadays. Yes, Eddie BOUGHT those Championships. Just like the owner of the Florida Marlins did in that "one-off" year in the MLB. There's no arguing it. This is the essence of WHY the salary cap was instituted. Yes. Niner fans HATE it when people bring up this FACT. With Paul Allen as owner, we may have won 10 in a row under those rules, seeing as he has been by far the richest owner in the league recently. And I would have been much less proud of those victories that I am with our one, and almost two with these modern rules. Now the only thing you can buy are GM's and Coaches. And Paul did a damn fine job of that! Still waiting for MLB to institute a hard salary cap like the NFL, so we can permanently neuter the Yankees.

If you look at it carefully, star power wise the 49ers of the '80s and early '90s weren't a TON of big names. Here are all the truly elite players that went on to the Hall of Fame:

'80s:

Joe Montana
Ronnie Lott
Jerry Rice
Charles Haley
Steve Young as backup

'90-'93:

Montana for three years
Steve Young
Jerry Rice
Charles Haley for two years
Ricky Watters (no hall of fame, but cap casualty)

Compare that to the recent Seahawks who recently had all of these guys locked up at premium prices:

Earl Thomas
Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Bobby Wagner
Russell Wilson
Michael Bennett
Cliff Avril

Sure, it didn't last very long for the Seahawks. But my god the level of dominance on that defense when Wilson was still playing for free was dynasty worthy.

There's a big misconception that the 49ers were just loaded with expensive players, hence the dominance.

Of course, the exception is 1994 which was fully loaded to the tilt with FAs. But that's just one season, and it was done to compete with the Cowboys who had an unnaturally lucky draft capital thanks to the Herschel Walker trade a few years prior that we'll never ever see again in the NFL, along with the Charles Haley trade which would have been like trading Sherman to the 49ers back in 2013.

TLDR:

Eddie Debartolo took care of his players like a Godfather. That's where his money and spending helped the most, along with his true love. Paul Allen never would have provided emotionally like Debartolo. No owner I've seen comes close, not even Kraft. He lucked out on Walsh and Montana, and had another owner with less resources lucked on to those two, they probably would have been the team of the '80s instead.

The game was different back then. The rules allowing defense to do well and dominate meant you didn't need to have all pros everywhere. Now you need that to kick ass on defense (or offense).

The 2011-2013 49ers defense on pure star power was better than any of those '80s and '90s teams....you could even flip it to the offense as well.

If you remove the aura of a Montana/Young/Rice, the Harbaugh 49ers might have been the best team ever on pure talent assembly. Just didn't have the QB in a QB league to get it done. 3 consecutive NFC champ games just like '92-'94 49ers....only other Niner team to do it.

You can naturally argue that the league was different back then. And it sure was....

But the haters here want to illustrate that it was much the same except as it benefits their argument. :irishdrinkers: :lol:

NINEster

Reaction score
BlueThunder, so the New York Giants, LA Rams, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears were like the Kansas City Chiefs, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Bucs, of yesteryear, financially speaking?

All bigger cities than SF, and they had loaded rosters too. All won SBs in the '80s except the Rams (although they did play in one and were very tough).

Not sure Eddie Debartolo was significantly richer than Jerry Jones, or would be for much longer.

Now, the Rooney family coming from Pittsburgh..........naturally they wanted the salary cap to knock off the Niners. Pittsburgh, like Green Bay are legit small town powerhouse franchises that might have been affected by the money.

In the '80s , salary meant nothing.

In the '90s it would start to, as the 49er team was a bit older and would need a little more star power to win championships. The only great Niner teams of the '90s were the ones that had Ricky Watters or Garrison Hearst on them.