Russel Wilson is #1 in the NFL on "difficult throws"

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1072286845818462209[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, after a bad game for him, except for when it matted.......I figured all people would do is dwell on that stupid throw at the end of the half. Meh, big deal, he had an off game. It happens.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/kedubob/status/1072342737964417024[/tweet]

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I'm expecting to see a "much improved" Russell Wilson this coming Sunday.....in spite of dropping the Microsoft product.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Impossible. I keep reading everywhere he sucks. Niner fans and Hawks fans that are still bitter they didn’t draft their favorite special guy said so.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
This can't be true. Why, just the other day I was arguing with football experts about how Russell only throws to wide open receivers and never throws his guy open. Or he always under throws. Now I don't know what to do, I'm so confused :( :?

:cry:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":39ujrmz4 said:
This can't be true. Why, just the other day I was arguing with football experts about how Russell only throws to wide open receivers and never throws his guy open. Or he always under throws. Now I don't know what to do, I'm so confused :( :?

Please don't exaggerate and make a strawman out of what someone says. It's intellectually dishonest, and it's rude.

Yes, I said Wilson tends to under-throw at times, and I stand by it - if not for the absolute mauling David Moore put on Hill, Wilson would have thrown an interception on a bad underthrow Monday. It's on tape - you can see it. 2nd and 10 from their 40 with 8:48 to go in the 2nd quarter. But I never said he always underthrows.

Seymour

Reaction score
Here is proof positive that Wilson is the most accurate QB in the NFL on difficult passes.....yet here we are seeing more critique about underthrows. :177692:

Insanity. Everybody underthrows, and most QB's overthrow even more which is impossible to catch. :idea: Wilson rarely overthrows, and anybody that doesn't realize that is completely by design is sadly mistaken.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
He under throws in situations where that’s the safest option. He learned his lesson on “The Play.”

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3ke9864m said:
He under throws in situations where that’s the safest option. He learned his lesson on “The Play.”

And watching game after game after game of receivers wide open getting overthrown. :pukeface: Give your guys a chance to make the play and your odds go way way up. An underthrow often nets a PI penalty as well, just happened again in fact 2 weeks ago.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
As I've said before, Russ has def. picked it up a notch this season in ways not always counted via stats.

He's a better QB when he doesn't have to try and carry a crap offense with almost zero protection.

Now, with a much improve O-Line and running game he can manage the offense so much better and his efficiency this season is a direct reflection of that.

In fact, as of right now, he might very well be the best player manager in the biz - even better than names like Brady and Rodgers.

To be truly "elite" a QB has to manage the offense at an elite level and this season Russ has been wearing that jacket more and more comfortably.

Cool-cool-cool...

Scorpion05

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2pqq466d said:
Scorpion05":2pqq466d said:

Please don't exaggerate and make a strawman out of what someone says. It's intellectually dishonest, and it's rude.

Yes, I said Wilson tends to under-throw at times, and I stand by it - if not for the absolute mauling David Moore put on Hill, Wilson would have thrown an interception on a bad underthrow Monday. It's on tape - you can see it. 2nd and 10 from their 40 with 8:48 to go in the 2nd quarter. But I never said he always underthrows.

Umm what? Dude, I wasn’t directly referencing just you. But I guess if the shoe fits

If anything, I’m not being intellectually dishonest. The people being intellectually dishonest are those that pretend that Elite QBs don’t over throw, underthrow, or miss open receivers. Just look at what you’re doing...in a thread about Russ leading the league in difficult throws, you’re going out of your way to highlight the imperfect throws

I watch plenty of tape, because I see no point believing in something not proven in fact. I’ve also seen Russ make a lot of throws few QBs can make. Hence his great season. There was nothing “dishonest” about me saying that there are several critics who claim that Russ only throws to wide open receivers amongst other fallacies

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Scorpion05":3jb62qgd said:
KiwiHawk":3jb62qgd said:
Scorpion05":3jb62qgd said:

Umm what? Dude, I wasn’t directly referencing just you. But I guess if the shoe fits

If anything, I’m not being intellectually dishonest. The people being intellectually dishonest are those that pretend that Elite QBs don’t over throw, underthrow, or miss open receivers. Just look at what you’re doing...in a thread about Russ leading the league in difficult throws, you’re going out of your way to highlight the imperfect throws

I watch plenty of tape, because I see no point believing in something not proven in fact. I’ve also seen Russ make a lot of throws few QBs can make. Hence his great season. There was nothing “dishonest” about me saying that there are several critics who claim that Russ only throws to wide open receivers amongst other fallacies

It's best to just let these folks wallow in their self-induced misery. Russ is human so one day he will no longer be physically able to play in the NFL (hopefully it's at least a another decade or so) and we will have another QB and all of these hood critics will finally be happy as a homosexual male with a hefty bag full of phallic shaped objects. Until then, just continue to enjoy our once in a generation baller ass short guy with the laser guided rocket arm and seemingly 'built Abrams tank tough' body and, more importantly, mentality and assassin nerves.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I would say that throw to Moore was quite the difficult throw. You can argue that he got both feet down and/or should have got a 3rd down.