Just how good is Jordan Simmons?

toffee

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1072666991205453824[/tweet]
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/ ... 1205453824

Dude played two games as sub for Fluker, he had minimum college credentials, undrafted, waived Raiders. Now he is starting for our team and has done a good to very good job stepping in for Fluker. Coaching staff seems to have more confidence in him than Pocic who hasn't seen the field for a long time, certainly more than Roos, who is stuck in practice squad.

Just how good is this Jordan Simmons?

[instagram]BoAxsoqlw2E[/instagram]
[instagram]BrRXO5XFzv2[/instagram]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Simmons has been solid. Great scouting by the front office on a guy who barely played in college, and amazing coaching by Solari to keep Simmons ready to play. His PFF grades (for whatever their opinion is worth) have been solid in both pass blocking and run blocking. Simmons moves pretty well and drops a strong anchor in pass protection against some of the strongest defensive lineman he will face. He's still developing, obviously not a finished product, but it's impressive how well he has fit in so far.

Atradees

Reaction score
Simmons is a great find. In another season or two maybe we can find more these under-the-radar types. Really solidify the backups. In recent times how we fall off a cliff with injuries. judging oline talent.........it cant be under rated.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Atradees":2r6c6yuo said:
Simmons is a great find. In another season or two maybe we can find more these under-the-radar types. Really solidify the backups. In recent times how we fall off a cliff with injuries. judging oline talent.........it cant be under rated.

Good point. Depth is looking strong. Jamaro Jones was looking really good before he got hurt. He might be able to eventually takeover for Ifedi if they decide to move on from him after next season. It’s really good that Fant is building so much experience. I still believe Pocic could be a good lineman for us. Even if he remains a backup, his versatility is key. Sweezy and Fluker have injury histories and are getting up there in age; it won’t be difficult to re-sign them if they want.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Simmons is another beast in the Fluker mold. Great find. Moves people. So often the LOS is 2 yds downfield on that right side.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I like what I see from Simmons. I want to see some big left side trap blocks from him.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I am quite intrigued by a future OL of Jamarco - ??? - Pocic - Simmons - Ifedi with Fant as blocking TE. Or Fant - ??? - Pocic - Simmons - Jamarco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkerD

Reaction score
Another indictment of the former OL coaching. Solari is simply a better coach. He does more with the strengths of a player instead of working to their weaknesses. Cable was the weak link in the Seahawk chain. Can not believe he still has a job.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sanda_vs._Gaira.jpg

I wonder if this is what the opposition see's

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
After a string of wasted OL draft picks, we finally lucked into a good one. I am still holding out hope that Ifedi could be above average to good one day, but for the time being, I am happy to settle for the current average Ifedi.

If Simmons' current success could also be opposing DC had no tape to watch on him, haven't figure out how to counter him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Impressed with his game tape from Monday. From my amateur eyes....Moves his feet well, good balance, good power.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He was an OT originally, so he should have above average footwork for a guard, especially one his size.

Seahawker

Reaction score
It's great to have some hope & improvement from the O Line for the reasons we all know. I'm hoping JS invests some real cap $ here this offseason in the form of extensions and 2nd contracts, more so than spending it on outside defensive FA's.
If Russell is headed for THE big contract, let's at least (finally) give him a good offensive line moving forward. We need a group of guys hanging together to open holes for these RB's over the next few years. They can scrounge & scrape the draft for defense just as they've done all along, I'd really like to see what RW can do with a more balanced & talented offense.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
For years, none of our drafted OL linemen were ready to play, then we have Simmons.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I think we should keep both Fluke and simmons to back each other up and maybe sweezy too just in case somebody gets dinged up we might get through a whole season

What a turn around from the last 5 years

Seymour

Reaction score
Simmons is no doubt a huge and welcomed surprise. That is pretty amazing how quickly we can find decent players that can stand their own once we've gotten Fable out of the way of actual real progress.

My main concern with him is the 4 different knee issues. Hopefully he's worked those health issues out and can continue to contribute. Pocic seams to becoming the odd man out more and more.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
toffee":cteli8rz said:
I am quite intrigued by a future OL of Jamarco - ??? - Pocic - Simmons - Ifedi with Fant as blocking TE. Or Fant - ??? - Pocic - Simmons - Jamarco

Pocic will be traded this offseason. You heard it here first.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Sounded like Pocic couldn’t unseat Hunt as our backup center/guard? What an wasted pick in that case :(

Fade

Reaction score
Simmons is just scratching the surface of what he can be. He could easily put on 10 lbs of muscle & shed 10 lbs of bad weight off of his frame. The Seahawks off-season training & conditioning program tends to produce tremendous results. Simmons wasn't apart of that this year as he was a late add.

Simmons is gaining valuable starting experience here down the stretch. Now with a full off-season with the Seahawks upcoming. You're looking at a player that will be taking a major step forward next season. He is only going to get better.

Jamarco Jones
Jordan Simmons

The Seahawks found a way to add 2 future starters on their O-Line in 2018 with a 5th rounder, and a waiver claim. Not bad.