For a good time...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Look on the very oldest page in this forum (476, right now) and read the Russell Wilson/QB in general threads using 20/20 hindsight. Sure were a lot of armchair GMs demanding we go with Flynn, and wishing we'd of drafted RGIII !

:irishdrinkers:

rjas77

Reaction score
LOL...I remember people being mad that we drafted Curry at #4 and not Sanchez :)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect when opening up this thread, but one thing is certain...hindsight is something else.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
It actually bummed me out a bit. I miss a lot of those old posters.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3ed76kmu said:

Weeeeeeeellllllllll....places like the Reddit board are kind of where it's at these days...

chris98251

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2my16ia9 said:
Trrrroy":2my16ia9 said:

Weeeeeeeellllllllll....places like the Reddit board are kind of where it's at these days...

Then why are you here??????????

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Im pretty sure that i was the first one on this forum to call Russell Wilson a "FIRST BALLOT HOFer" back in the first season here... I don't even think we were more than 8 weeks into the season. Im not sure how to verify that,though.

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Don't want to bump the thread, but there was a topic on Tom Cable leaving for a head coaching job in 2012, and EVERYONE was pissed

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GeekHawk":20ktcaxe said:
Look on the very oldest page in this forum (476, right now) and read the Russell Wilson/QB in general threads using 20/20 hindsight. Sure were a lot of armchair GMs demanding we go with Flynn, and wishing we'd of drafted RGIII !

There were also 32 coaches and GM's that thought the same thing, including our own coach and GM that didn't draft Russell until the 3rd round, and absolutely would have drafted RG3 if given the chance.

So not sure why we're kicking all the forum members in the nuts like you and others knew better.

Sac

Reaction score
rjas77":1ahayblb said:
LOL...I remember people being mad that we drafted Curry at #4 and not Sanchez :)

I remember there being no good choices at #4 in that shitty ass draft.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1acuz9e7 said:
GeekHawk":1acuz9e7 said:

There were also 32 coaches and GM's that thought the same thing, including our own coach and GM that didn't draft Russell until the 3rd round, and absolutely would have drafted RG3 if given the chance.

So not sure why we're kicking all the forum members in the nuts like you and others knew better.
It’s possible they might have drafted RG3 if given the chance. We know for a fact that John wanted to draft Russell and personally had him ranked the same as Luck.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/25478225

Polaris

Reaction score
My membership is dated around this time, and I was happy we drafted Wilson. I thought he had potential and while at the time I expected Flynn to be our #1, having someone with Wilson's potential drafted in the third round is something I regarded as a steal (remember even then he was "Mr Asterisk" of Football Outsiders.....they didn't believe their own metrics).

olyfan63

Reaction score
I actually called Wilson to the Seahawks in the 3rd round before the draft, but I'll be damned if I know how to find the post or if it's long gone.

Remember how before the draft, some even thought he might go undrafted.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you won't find your post here, because if I recall this may have been around the same time we split from Scout. Nothing prior to Oct 2012, at least in the main forum archives.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
GeekHawk":3e79z5cv said:
I'm pretty sure you won't find your post here, because if I recall this may have been around the same time we split from Scout. Nothing prior to Oct 2012, at least in the main forum archives.

Yeah, the earliest I've seen in late September 2012, which was a good bit after the draft. Pity we don't have some of those old draft threads from that year to look back at with nostalgia and disbelief.

Oh, the Archives Forum has a few older than that. The only one relating to the 2012 draft is a single page of predictions: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44073