Prediction for Hawks Final Record

Mad Dog

Reaction score
9-7. We win this week, Minny loses and we rest starters for the final two games.

Atradees

Reaction score
11 and 5

Cheifs beat the Chargers and dont try too hard.

We play the Cowboys.....win

We beat the bears on the road by a FG

We beat the Patriots in the Superb Owl

Steve2222

Reaction score
Last two games will be hard to predict. Both the Chiefs and Seahawks will probably have starters out by halftime and The Seahawks starters will probably only play a few series Week 17.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Atradees":233qo9nk said:
11 and 5

Love it - we only have to play two playoff games to get to the Superbowl! :D

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
11-5. Why not? Pete does not believe in resting players, never has. It's all about finishing and competing every game. Momentum is HUGE going into the playoffs. I think they run the table.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":1k945tm5 said:
11-5. Why not? Pete does not believe in resting players, never has. It's all about finishing and competing every game. Momentum is HUGE going into the playoffs. I think they run the table.

If the KC game is meaningless for both teams and we just pull out a sloppy pre-season type win, then I agree, 11-5.

But if KC drops the game tonight and they're fighting for their division and HFA lives? Or even win tonight and still need to remain two games up on NE to keep HFA?...................and we already have the #5 seed locked up?

Then no, we're not going to win that game, because we'll be resting players, and probably most of the starters in the 2nd half.

Atradees

Reaction score
iigakusei":2hj2krex said:
Atradees":2hj2krex said:
11 and 5

Love it - we only have to play two playoff games to get to the Superbowl! :D

Queeze the Rams in there! Third times a charm and the D has improved.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3jg59ryk said:
9-7. We win this week, Minny loses and we rest starters for the final two games.

LOL. Pete doesn't rest his starters, and has said that again this year.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
11-5 to make it six double-digit-win seasons in the last seven years. It would also be their 4th time winning at least 11 games since 2012.

Seahawks have to keep the pedal to the metal to have a chance in the playoffs. Defense was starting to come together and they finally played a complete game, at least before Kendricks’ injury. Offense is doing a lot of great things, but they didn’t put enough points on the board in the last game, weren’t sharp enough on 3rd downs, and didn’t dominate in the red zone like they have been.

Two of their final three opponents are “battling” for the #1 overall draft pick. Kansas City has played some awful defense this year. That seems like a great opportunity to get the offensive scoring back on track.

Defensively, they need to get things figured out without Kendricks in the fold. 49ers are a soft landing to see how they perform on the road; I anticipate that the traveling Seahawks fans in attendance will be much louder than the home contingent at Levi’s. Kansas City is a massive test to see how much they bend without breaking. It’s another primetime game, and we know how well they perform under the brightest spotlights. They get to finish on a high note against a historically terrible Arizona offense that features one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL and a struggling rookie QB.

Beating the AFC’s best team in primetime would be the cherry on top of an unexpectedly amazing season. The Seahawks would enter the playoffs as arguably the NFL’s “hottest” team, having won seven straight and having never lost by more than a single possession.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":1171scny said:
Mad Dog":1171scny said:

He's never had the opportunity.

Every game 17 has had potential implications in the Pete Carrol era other than 2011. He may say it now but when push comes to shove and Wilson has taken a couple hits in a meaningless game, his resolute determination may waver.

We had 9 players not practice this Wednesday. Lots of guys dinged up. If we guarantee the 5 seed, those players will sit out. And yes some starters will need to play because you can't rest everyone. But Bobby and Wilson will be lucky to play a half. You will see ton of Calitro, Shaquem, Hill, Green, Martin, Ford and Naz on defense. You will see a ton of McKissic and Davis on Offense. Just wait.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2yjrjkbl said:
Mad Dog":2yjrjkbl said:

No but any player with even a minor injury won't be playing, or won't be playing long........................ and in 15? That'll be quite a few players.

The point is if KC is still desperate to win their division and/or keep HFA, and we don't have anything really to play for. It's 10-6 for me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fansiyhf said:
Aros":fansiyhf said:

If the KC game is meaningless for both teams and we just pull out a sloppy pre-season type win, then I agree, 11-5.

But if KC drops the game tonight and they're fighting for their division and HFA lives? Or even win tonight and still need to remain two games up on NE to keep HFA?...................and we already have the #5 seed locked up?

Then no, we're not going to win that game, because we'll be resting players, and probably most of the starters in the 2nd half.

I agree with this thinking. A lot of NFL games late in the season depend on who "wants it more". If we lock up our playoff spot this week (and I'm confident we will), and the Chiefs are still in need of a win for Home field advantage, then they will likely pull out the win. If the Chiefs and us both have nothing to play for, then I can see us pulling off a win, but a lot depends on what happens this week.

As far as predictions go, I can see 10-6 as the most likely scenario, but I'll damn sure be rooting for 11-5 and a 7 game win streak going into the playoffs.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
4-12...oh wait. I still can’t believe that people are paid to make predictions and that is what they came up with. Before the season started I thought they could be 9-7/10-6. I really think 11-5 is possible. This is a team playing really well at the right time!

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
NJlargent":pc3hzix5 said:

The only problem with that is it means we would have had to win 11 in a row which just doesn’t happen. Better off losing one of the final games if we are going to lose any. Otherwise I thoroughly love the sounds of that!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bandwagon76":3vmotenn said:
NJlargent":3vmotenn said:

The only problem with that is it means we would have had to win 11 in a row which just doesn’t happen. Better off losing one of the final games if we are going to lose any. Otherwise I thoroughly love the sounds of that!

It does happen, it just doesn't happen frequently. How many times have we had firsts under the Pete/John Era? This would be a great time for an 11 game win streak and super bowl championship :mrgreen:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
10-6. Pete may not be a fan of resting starters as mentioned, but with the injuries we've had at LB and WR and OL this year I expect logic to prevail over philosophy. Pete's smart enough to allow that to happen.

it's one thing to say you're not a fan of resting starters when you need to win two playoff games at home with a week to rest; different story when you need to win 3 on the road and no break.