Wilson's numbers with Angry Doug on the field vs off

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1073051426467635200[/tweet]

1) Doug Baldwin draws coverage making it easier on the other receivers to get open.

2) Doug Baldwin is utilized a lot on underneath throws, that element has been sorely missed in his absence.

3) Coincidentally Doug has missed games against the best defensive opponents, exacerbating his absence.

When Baldwin doesn't play all they really have at receiver is Lockett, and throwing 50/50 go balls to Moore.

So it makes sense Wilson would struggle without ADB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd imagine any team's stats look like this when their #1 receiver isn't playing.

Monday night was a perfect example of what happens when our offense plays a good defense, gonna be tough to pass the ball when Lockett's double teamed and bracketed most of the game.

That's why I've said I'm fine with Doug not even playing until the playoffs. He's not going to be 100% this year, why keep trying to push him back re-injuring his current injuries, and now getting hurt elsewhere (groin)?

toffee

Reaction score
I have been saying since training camp that our WR corp is the weak link in our offense; that's with a healthy Doug. As is without Doug, our receiver corp is very weak, not scaring anyone. Opposing DC hardly had to double team any of our WRs, that being said, even with weak WRs, teams still couldn't stop our runs. 8 in the box? we will still run right at you.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
LTH":2xkbu6aa said:
https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1073051426467635200

Thoughts?

LTH
As a 49er fan unblinded by neon green, all I have to say is, how the heck is this not completely obvious? Badwin is way underrated.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's also still a shame that we lost Will Dissly so early. He really gave us some capabilities over the middle that we needed without Doug.

We're good enough as it is to potentially upset some teams in the playoffs, but I think we are a will LB, possession WR, and DL addition away from being a top 3 team. Hopefully Doug and KJ can rest and heal and we end up with 2 of those 3 going into the playoffs.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
LTH":z2mjtzca said:
https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1073051426467635200

Thoughts?

LTH

One thing for sure. no one has the confidence that RW has in ADB for him to just throw it up. maybe moore is getting there but he needs more work. On MNF Russell had Lockett several times where ADB would have been and RW didn't pull the trigger.

honestly, the pressure was that of extremely fast release and he wasn't having it. rw played to run the ball and they ran it heavy. i kind of like it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Can you imagine a Stefon Diggs or Thielen paired with a healthy ADB and Lockett?? And Moore at the 4? My God. With our running game, what would defenses do?

I’ve never believed Russ needs an OBJ, Julio, Antonio Brown or AJ Green. What I would like is a really good WR in that A- to B+ range. Someone like a Diggs or Thielen who wouldn’t mind blocking. That would make our offense unstoppable

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Games missed against Chicago, Dallas, and Minnesota.

Chicago: 86.1 rating
Dallas: 109.8 rating
Minnesota: 37.9 rating

So basically Wilson has a bad night, which we all acknowledge, against Minnesota, and the other two games are because Chicago has the #1 pass defense (Wilson exceeded Chicago's average rating-against) and Dallas is within Wilson's normal performance range.

Amazing when you put a statistic in context it tells a completely different story, or non-story in this case.

Before you all get pissed off at me for dissing Baldwin (who is one of my favourite all-time Seahawks), I'm not. I am showing how stupid it is to take statistics out of context.

toffee

Reaction score
Scorpion05":fme7pm8p said:
Can you imagine a Stefon Diggs or Thielen paired with a healthy ADB and Lockett?? And Moore at the 4? My God. With our running game, what would defenses do?

I’ve never believed Russ needs an OBJ, Julio, Antonio Brown or AJ Green. What I would like is a really good WR in that A- to B+ range. Someone like a Diggs or Thielen who wouldn’t mind blocking. That would make our offense unstoppable

We need a tall WR with good hands like what Chargers have in the Mike Williams kid.

toffee

Reaction score
In case we lost Doug next season due to lingering injury etc., How should the team re-config our receiving corp.?

1. Who on current roster has the chops to step in as our SB or slot receiver? Lockett? That Reynolds kid did alright as SB in preseason games but didn't get a single snap in regular season, coaching staff lacking in confidence? If not Lockett or Reynolds, who? Convert McKissic?
2. Flanker, is this for Lockett?
3. Splite end, is Moore a lock in as our SE?

At the moment, without Doug, our WR Corp. does not scare anyone.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
toffee":339c18qh said:
In case we lost Doug next season due to lingering injury etc., How should the team re-config our receiving corp.?

1. Who on current roster has the chops to step in as our SB or slot receiver? Lockett? That Reynolds kid did alright as SB in preseason games but didn't get a single snap in regular season, coaching staff lacking in confidence? If not Lockett or Reynolds, who? Convert McKissic?

That's ok, because they are busy shitting themselves over our running game.

But seriously, it's like it is at every position on the team - next man up. Some guys won't fill the should of the starter at first and that's to be expected, but everyone is expected to go 100% and fill those shoes the best they can.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
toffee":1synqjp8 said:

Good. Keep underestimating them. I'm okay with that. We've got a talented group of young receivers. As soon as they don't respect them, they'll get burned.