Much respect to your team..2nd favorite team..:)

Djphinfan

Reaction score
I posted a thread here a few years ago talking about Wilson, Thought pre draft he was gonna be that star he is and wanted to talk about with you all, it was a good conversation..My site was mocking the pick and to this day I still fight with folks about how great he is, and some still will not give him his respect.

This year was the Proof they said to show that he wasn’t that great without the great defense or run game, no one picked the Seahawks to be where they are, except a few..so congrats on your team, your coach, your qb, your personnel dept and the 12 th man for doing what you do..

Question for you, I was a huge Griffin fan pre draft and think he could be a special player, what’s happening with him and have you seen flashes or does it seem he’s not gonna be that player I thought he could be??

Also where are these ridiculous rumors coming from that have Wilson may not get signed??, it sounds like BS but where do you think it originated from?

Peace man and good luck the rest of the year..

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is a very positive person with a positive philosophy. When Griffin started game 1 he struggled and made a few poor plays. Since then he's been a special teams player, but behind the scenes they've been working with him.

This is because having him out there struggling would set back the cause of handicapped athletes by decades. But if Pete Carroll, one of the greatest defensive minds, and Ken Norton Jr, a fantastic linebacker in his own right, can polish up Griffin so that the next time he appears he rocks the house, then Griffin will become a beacon to the world that handicaps can be overcome.

Pete Carroll wants and needs Griffin to succeed on the pro level, and is going to make sure that's the case.

As for Wilson, he's already signed for next year and will be retained - not a chance he hits free agency.

RampagingMice

Reaction score
Congrats on the "Miami Miracle" - wow that was fun to watch. A few weeks ago my 4 year old daughter decided, out of the blue, that she was a Dolphin fan (dolphins are amazing, amiright?) and we enjoyed the hell out of that play!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Griffins skill set is chasing guys down with his speed in space. Makes him a potentially great special teamer. Whether he can become a pro linebacker is a different story as he’s a bit undersized. He tends to get washed up in blocks and needs to develop skills to get himself free. He also free lanced a lot in college and needs to learn proper gap assignments for run fits.
I think he has really good coverage skills as a LB and could see him develop as a nickel WILL LB.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Griffin is going to be a Safety in this league, and a very good one. But it's going to take time.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
RampagingMice":2cbof687 said:
Congrats on the "Miami Miracle" - wow that was fun to watch. A few weeks ago my 4 year old daughter decided, out of the blue, that she was a Dolphin fan (dolphins are amazing, amiright?) and we enjoyed the hell out of that play!
. Bout the same for me when I was a kid..

That miracle was a well executed play against a poor decision by the opposition..

It’s got to feel good to say FU## you to all the doubters this past offseason.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on:

Mad Dog":2sn096ky said:
Griffins skill set is chasing guys down with his speed in space. Makes him a potentially great special teamer. Whether he can become a pro linebacker is a different story as he’s a bit undersized. He tends to get washed up in blocks and needs to develop skills to get himself free. He also free lanced a lot in college and needs to learn proper gap assignments for run fits.
I think he has really good coverage skills as a LB and could see him develop as a nickel WILL LB.

I felt the kid had elite instincts that would translate
, I still think it will be just a matter of time, he also is a beautifully raw pass rusher, I’m surprised he’s not allowed to just go after the qb from time to time

D

DomeHawk

KiwiHawk":sx4kj06l said:
Pete Carroll is a very positive person with a positive philosophy. When Griffin started game 1 he struggled and made a few poor plays. Since then he's been a special teams player, but behind the scenes they've been working with him.

This is because having him out there struggling would set back the cause of handicapped athletes by decades. But if Pete Carroll, one of the greatest defensive minds, and Ken Norton Jr, a fantastic linebacker in his own right, can polish up Griffin so that the next time he appears he rocks the house, then Griffin will become a beacon to the world that handicaps can be overcome.

Pete Carroll wants and needs Griffin to succeed on the pro level, and is going to make sure that's the case.

As for Wilson, he's already signed for next year and will be retained - not a chance he hits free agency.

^^^^^ Great Post!

BigMeach

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2051i2cp said:
I posted a thread here a few years ago talking about Wilson, Thought pre draft he was gonna be that star he is and wanted to talk about with you all, it was a good conversation..My site was mocking the pick and to this day I still fight with folks about how great he is, and some still will not give him his respect.

This year was the Proof they said to show that he wasn’t that great without the great defense or run game, no one picked the Seahawks to be where they are, except a few..so congrats on your team, your coach, your qb, your personnel dept and the 12 th man for doing what you do..

Question for you, I was a huge Griffin fan pre draft and think he could be a special player, what’s happening with him and have you seen flashes or does it seem he’s not gonna be that player I thought he could be??

Also where are these ridiculous rumors coming from that have Wilson may not get signed??, it sounds like BS but where do you think it originated from?

Peace man and good luck the rest of the year..

Figure you're talking about Shaquem but considering we have both brothers, are you talking about him? If you're talking about him I'd say it's a big unknown right now. He's played well on special teams but hasn't seen a lot of time otherwise yet, we've been pretty lucky at line backer.

Shaquille on the other hand, has definitely had his share of mistakes but is getting better. I'd say his last game was his best since becoming a Seahawk, which is all you can ask for.

Chawker

Reaction score
RampagingMice":30wtdlrg said:

Normally I don't comment on how to raise your kids, but what the hells wrong with you letting her watch a Dolphins game man? She should be a little 12. Dude you are losing her.