Hopefully a Wake Up Call

Scorpion05

Reaction score
With this being such a young team, I feared that they wouldn’t take the 49ers seriously. And that was obviously true today. Sloppy from start to finish especially on defense. Crazy part is, I can see this team getting up for the Chiefs game. To prove people wrong with that chip on their shoulder.

I don’t know what to think about Pocic. If Solari can’t fix him like he did Ifedi, he needs to go in my opinion. Maybe he needs another year? Who knows

Rough loss. Hopefully we rebound

northseahawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately we never learn from wakeup calls because you know, Pete and Wilson are going to be saying great job to everyone and be all excited and happy.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Good thoughtful post.

Yeah -- Sunday night desperate to come back I expect them to get up for the Chiefs game.

Pocic is trash -- it wasn't just the holds but once Simmons went out we could no longer really run the ball.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I predicted we’d lose one of those “easy” games everyone would pick us to win. And win the hard ones (Packers, Panthers, Vikings, Chiefs)

It fits with the culture of our team. And quite frankly, I’m okay with it. Hit the reset button for the playoffs. Go on a 6 game winning streak...which realistically is a lot easier than a 10 game winning streak (If we win it all).

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Probably more of a wake up call for the fans that seem to put these games "in the bag" where no NFL game should ever go.

Team played hard on a crappy turf and made a few more crucial mistakes than they normally do. Whether that's on the refs or sloppiness, who knows. I think the refs called the game way too tight and that randomness likely produced the biased result. Much prefer refs to start "swallowing their whistles" late in the season and lay off calling such ticky tack penalties. But its their prerogative I guess.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fans don't play for the team, thinking this was a win or not had no impact on the game.
I figured it would be a close game, I would think a lot of people were not that surprised overall. Still surprised they lost, but it happens, even to the media darling teams.