So ....

SlickRick

Reaction score
still trying to stomach the loss,but maybe this thread will make you smile.

Seattle Vs the 49ers nasty field

OR

Seattle Vs horrendous Washingtons field

which field would you like the hawks to never play on again?

BigMeach

Reaction score
SlickRick":2dbjtwon said:
still trying to stomach the loss,but maybe this thread will make you smile.

Seattle Vs the 49ers nasty field

OR

Seattle Vs horrendous Washingtons field

which field would you like the hawks to never play on again?

Both, these teams shouldn't be allowed to play with those field conditions. It's dangerous as hell.

94Smith

Reaction score
What are you guys going to say when the travel to Chicago in the playoffs and there’s 3 inches of snow on the ground! It’s December, the field was not dangerous and was slick due to the rain. Put on your cleats and play football!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
94Smith":s6wp3c2r said:
What are you guys going to say when the travel to Chicago in the playoffs and there’s 3 inches of snow on the ground! It’s December, the field was not dangerous and was slick due to the rain. Put on your cleats and play football!

You have all kinds of irrelevant facts in this strange tirade.

None of the following things you listed have anything to do with your field being complete crap:

A. Chicago
B. Snow
C. December

And...if a little rain causes your grass to absolutely get shredded while the players fall all over the field, that's a problem, fyi

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":32r3aqsh said:
94Smith":32r3aqsh said:

None of the following things you listed have anything to do with your field being complete crap:

A. Chicago
B. Snow
C. December

And...if a little rain causes your grass to absolutely get shredded while the players fall all over the field, that's a problem, fyi

The problem is some of us remember when men played football not whiny little babies. Hell I remember fields and players so muddy you couldn't read the numbers on the jerseys.

Bad fields, snowy fields, frozen fields whatever, its football not ballet.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":2dx47f94 said:
Hawkpower":2dx47f94 said:
94Smith":2dx47f94 said:

A. Chicago
B. Snow
C. December

The problem is some of us remember when men played football not whiny little babies. Hell I remember fields and players so muddy you couldn't read the numbers on the jerseys.

Get off my crappy lawn.

seabowl

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":uhbsz920 said:
Hawkpower":uhbsz920 said:
94Smith":uhbsz920 said:

A. Chicago
B. Snow
C. December

Because they played on bad fields years ago doesn't mean it was a good thing. I wrote a similar piece the other day on this topic and mentioned that weather happens and is part of the game. Poorly conditioned fields should not be part of the game and are dangerous/affect the outcomes of games when they shouldn't. 2018- no excuse to not put down field turf.

chris98251

Reaction score
seabowl":39x2sdii said:
Biscanebay12":39x2sdii said:
Hawkpower":39x2sdii said:
94Smith":39x2sdii said:

A. Chicago
B. Snow
C. December

Because they played on bad fields years ago doesn't mean it was a good thing. I wrote a similar piece the other day on this topic and mentioned that weather happens and is part of the game. Poorly conditioned fields should not be part of the game and are dangerous/affect the outcomes of games when they shouldn't. 2018- no excuse to not put down field turf.

Both teams play on it, the only way it effects the outcome is if the equipment guys don't bring the right gear and if the Staff doesn't prep the team for the conditions.

If your using that platform then no game should be played outside in the elements because it affects the outcome, every team should be in a dome under controlled conditions and that every field should be made of the same material and same padding. We have to make sure everything is a level playing field you know, if a team has to use their 3rd string QB we should also to make sure everything is even also. See where this can go. :p

hburn21

Reaction score
94Smith":3rg8tydm said:
I mean I know it’s hard to pay for a new field when only 3 people even show up to a hand because your team is trash but that field is dangerous for both teams to play on.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I wish the 49ers were moving to Vegas instead of the Raiders. Absolutely the worst fans in the NFL, tied wth Pittsburgh. Actually, I would say whiner "fans" are worse because most aren't actually whiner fans, they just show up after a win to talk trash, and then go back to being Giants "fans" the next day. As if their team has actually been relevant at any point in the last 30 years.

Congrats, you won your first matchup against Seattle in 5 years. We actually forgot you had a "team". Every time I go to Mom Jeans Stadium, it's filled with blue and green, so I've always just considered it a home game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The fact that they call it Niner Faithful is still the most entertaining thing about that fanbase. Half empty stadium, Faithful? Nope

94Smith

Reaction score
hburn21":354tcv96 said:
94Smith":354tcv96 said:
I mean I know it’s hard to pay for a new field when only 3 people even show up to a hand because your team is trash but that field is dangerous for both teams to play on.

Why do they make field turf green? Answer that one and then get back to me

THE TABS

Reaction score
That stadium has had field issues ever since it opened. It’s FedEx Field west. Natural grass just doesn’t work there. They need to go with field turf. Over time, it saves them money, due to low upkeep costs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HansGruber":2g9ztde7 said:
As if their team has actually been relevant at any point in the last 30 years.

Is "30 years" a weird figure of speech I don't know about?

In the last 30 years they've gone to four Super Bowls and won three of them.

I know this for certain because I was rooting 'em on for all of them. :lol:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Maybe there's a better maintenance practice they could follow but it does seem like they need to swap to field turf. Not sure why people are poking fun at the 49er fans, as I doubt most of them like any part of the Levi's fiasco. We could be in the same boat with a natural grass field if the Seahawks hadn't ignored the complaints about turf coming from the Sounders fans.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
You have to understand that California has no water, and in spite of the collective intelligence of Silicon Valley, no one there is apparently smart enough to build desalination plants to get water from the ocean.

Whatever water they get from other places is generally used to try to put out the myriad fires around the state.

Because they have no water, they can't keep a field alive, so they just roll out sod on top of baked adobe as hard as concrete and call it good for that week's game.

Why not use field turf? Why not use desalination! We've already established they are not the brightest lot.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
There really is no excuse. Most high schools where I live have it.