Tedric Thompson

getnasty

Reaction score
Rough outing today for him, just seemed late on so many plays today. The good thing is I can't say ive really noticed his play before this week so he probably been solid but today was not the case.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He was late, and mostly terrible today, but it also looked like he was recovering for even egregious mistakes by Hill and Calitro at times.

Kendricks and McDougald really change the defense when they are out there. Really hurt not having them today.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Needs another lesson or two on "Seahawk Tackling".

doctorsubie

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know who was out of position more, him or Calitro...it was by the grace of God that Mullen missed the tight ends when Calitro was on em...

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":i9jnmw29 said:
He was late, and mostly terrible today, but it also looked like he was recovering for even egregious mistakes by Hill and Calitro at times.

Kendricks and McDougald really change the defense when they are out there. Really hurt not having them today.

This is the real issue. This D needs that other LB and a safety that are always in the right spot in coverage or it gives up lots of yards. With Kendricks or KJ, that underneath stuff nets 5 yards or less. Without, it's 8-20 yard gains all day underneath and to backs releasing in the flat. When one of those 2 are in with Bobby, the safeties and corners all of a sudden are where they are supposed to be.

It's also really hard to know who was out of position and who was covering for that person when we don't know what the defensive call was. We need to find another LB or 2 that mesh with Bobby, whether that be any combo of KJ/Kendricks or 1 of them and someone new, or 2 new guys. The D won't be consistent without that and possibly 1 more good safety to either play along side McDougald or back him up in case he goes down.

A-Dog

Reaction score
I think the McDougald injury kind of threw everyone off - not just with his play, but with his communication; he's been doing the Kam thing where he connects the secondary with the front 6/7. Tedric has been pretty solid this season. Hill was kind of finding his way with a small role (kind of like Kam had early in his career) but was thrust in to more responsibility. I noticed him biting really hard on play action a couple of times. To his credit he kept fighting.

The terrible turf didn't help and neither did the officiating. Rough outing for the young safeties but I am not going to read in to it too much in terms of whether they can be quality starters long-term.

Tical21

Reaction score
Calitro was brutal today. Thompson is JAG.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Yeah Calitro and Mingo are really bad. Makes me feel bad for Griffin who must be a trainwreck if he can't get on the field.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Looked like TT started off wearing the wrong cleats. Someone on the staff should have noticed the new turf on the middle of the field in the warm-ups. The announcers made the point that in these cases, the visiting team often looks at the type of cleats the home team is wearing.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Besides Macdougal we can say this about the entire secondary. We all knew it would be a weak spot. Griffin has not progressed contrary to the people suggesting he was a pro bowler last week. Some of these guys may develop but I suspect we go high in the draft to address some of the issues. Mingo is a one year fill in and at best a back up. Wagner will need more help there. Did anyone expect more out of this group? It's a transition year. The front 4 especially Reed is starting to come together.