Catastrophic loss

RCATES

Reaction score
This team was 8-5 last year when they self destructed down the stretch. I have very little faith going forward. Arizona came in here last year with a even worse team and won last year on New Years. Offense looks stale and has zero chance of moving the ball without gimmick plays. If the run game struggles we’re toast. Hurry up Offense is god awful. #Elite

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Catastrophic? Nope. Dropping 3 in a row would be catastrophic. This just postponed our Playoff lock for another week. PC and crew will get this done.

Reasons?

CABEVELL is gone! Different season, different team, different coaching staff.

Go Hawks.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We probably can make it in with an 8-8 record. Just need a loss by the Eagles, Redskins and Carolina down the stretch or a victory,

Tusc2000

Reaction score
RCATES":1a9mm0tq said:
Offense looks stale and has zero chance of moving the ball without gimmick plays.

I don't know what game you were watching yesterday.

But thanks for stopping by. You can show yourself out.

sutz

Reaction score
Chickenlittle2 Copy 400x400

OMG!!! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

:34853_doh:

Vesuve

Reaction score
RCATES":1ap8bpt0 said:
This team was 8-5 last year when they self destructed down the stretch. I have very little faith going forward. Arizona came in here last year with a even worse team and won last year on New Years. Offense looks stale and has zero chance of moving the ball without gimmick plays. If the run game struggles we’re toast. Hurry up Offense is god awful. #Elite

Apples and oranges.

doso

Reaction score
Every year poses a different circumstance. Last year we need 10 wins. This year 9... Offense played fine. Penalties held us back on big/critical plays. I say that’s easier (fingers crossed) to improve than anything else.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Disappointing? Yes. Catastrophic? No, not even close. There is still a 98% chance of making the playoffs. Even though I’m not one to advocate for losing for a better draft pick, this win virtually screwed the digits out of the overall number one pick. And come playoff time we will all get the pleasure of watching at least one bonus game where digit fans will be lamenting the fact that they could have had the top choice. It’s all good.

Steve2222

Reaction score
No, this AZ team is worse this year than last. They have a historically bad offense this year and Rosen is a INT machine. The difference between last year and this years Week 17 game with AZ is last year we needed a win and a lot of help. This year, all we need to do is win and we are in (hell we could lose and still more than likely be in).

Also, by no stretch of the imagination are the 49ers a good team (4 wins says so) however they are not a cake walk of an opponent and have been tough at home all year. They have like the 16th ranked defense and 14 ranked offense. Pretty damn impressive for a Bottom 5 team. Shanahan and McVay in the same division is going to be rough. Both guys can coach offense.

When you shoot yourself in the foot by missing extra points, allowing Kickoff returns for TDs, and set a team record in penalty yards, you usually don’t win games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure how having a 99% chance of making the playoffs before the loss, and still having a 99% chance of making the playoffs after the loss is "catastrophic."

Disappointing
Frustrating
Aggravating
Terrible

All words that could be used to describe the loss yesterday. Catastrophic? No.

Seymour

Reaction score
Catastrophic loss?? :roll:

Nope....they played shitty and Pete is letting them be themselves with their 14 club record yards in penalties.

That loss means next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Glum Liliputian  Never

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sweet Jesus, could you be a little more of a drama queen? :roll:
They just came off a nice winning streak, and on a short week. They went against a hungry team. Teams lose to inferior teams ALL THE TIME. They started out as the 5 seed, and ended the day as the 5 seed. They are VERY likely to still make the playoffs. Catastrophic?

Seymour

Reaction score
FullSizeRender.jpg

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
Going to be fun to look back at this thread. In Catastrophic I mean the downward spiral this loss is going to have on this team. But like always keep talking shit. (Or that)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RCATES":tjma1oqh said:
Going to be fun to look back at this thread. In Catastrophic I mean the downward spiral this loss is going to have on this team. But like always keep talking shit

Why will this loss cause a downward spiral?

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":6b3ijuvr said:
Going to be fun to look back at this thread. In Catastrophic I mean the downward spiral this loss is going to have on this team. But like always keep talking shit. Bunch of internet keyboard warriors.

Angry at the Seahawks, angry at Russell Wilson, angry at .neters.....on a roll. :2thumbs:

The wonderful predictions of Nostradamus.

Nostradamus image