Matty Brown critical of Russ

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5gs6bj6a said:
Never heard of him.

.....and there is a reason for that.
Tical has to look real hard to find those that support his view. I wont bother to click the link myself. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
You guys have all pointed towards his articles when they reflect highly on WIlson or others. Now you never heard of him. Typical. IMO the premier Seahawks X's and O's voice, but it's cool.

He's a .NET alum who writes for FG and ITP, among others.

TreeRon

Reaction score
From Linkedin

"Matty Brown is an Emmy-nominated filmmaker based in Seattle, Washington. He travels the world making various creative projects: documentaries, music videos, commercials, museum installations, art films and travel/tourism productions, and is now writing, directing, and producing short films."

Lots of football cred here. About as much as any of us.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That was a horrible read. The guy needs to learn how to write and cut out all the uneccessary fluff. It would be alright if it made sense, but it doesn't

"Once a member of Pete Carroll’s training school, the former padawan caused “I HATE YOU” Anakin Skywalker pain to his old Jedi master."

Like chocolate’s impact on a greasy adolescent’s skin; it was spotty.

It was clearly apparent that this is what Wilson wanted to face heading into the second match-up.

It was? How was "what Wilson wanted" apparent to anyone besides Ciara?

His style reminds me of IT people that like to spout acronyms in order to sound smart. (I know, I'm IT).

Kathy? Clamp-ish? Clamp-Read? That only confuses the article. Utter trash.

I’ve long suspected, after much tape grinding and “my wife left me” moments, that both Seattle and the 49ers don’t have the exact same rules as Nick Saban when it comes to the style of pass defense.

He should have been "grinding" his wife.

A writer can't talk about different teams and coaches rules unless he explains what they are. He's apparently knowledgeable about some rules that he doesn't bother to explain, because he's making it up. This way he can't be pinned down.

Indeed, the bigger issue for the Seattle Seahawks last Sunday was the defense

What defense? The one that they scored 3 touchdowns on? Our defense only gave up 1 touchdown. So what's he talking about? :34853_doh:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Tical21":2i4nyt3k said:
You guys have all pointed towards his articles when they reflect highly on WIlson or others.

I most certainly have not.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Just search Matty in the site. Or go check out his tweets or articles. Or don't. Whatevs.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the problem with the article is? Russ would probably agree with what is said himself.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
22-31 for 237 and 2 TDs. Plus 3 huge plays called back.

On the road, to a decent D. They schemed well, took away some chances, Russ missed others. Still should've walked out with a W

Where was matty 2 weeks ago when RW wasnt playing just better than average.

Surely you can see the hypocrisy there, no?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Good analysis. Russell needs to do better and trust his pocket when he has it.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Uncle Si":386ebghl said:

On the road, to a decent D. They schemed well, took away some chances, Russ missed others. Still should've walked out with a W

I do, only it isnt from Matty.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/12/5/18 ... -breakdown

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I don’t get the point of this thread. We already know Sherman mostly takes away half the field. So a division opponent schemes extremely well against a great Quarterback, after being embarrassed by that Quarterback 2 weeks prior? And??? This is kind of desperate to be honest. Do we really need to go over which defenses this year has given elite QBs fits?

I am not bothered by critiques of Wilson. Every QB in the league, fairly, should be critiqued. The problem is when it comes to Russell Wilson, you have a stubborn sector of NFL fans who go out of their way to diminish him. Whether it’s because their psychological biases prime them to praise the Brady, Andrew Lucks, Drew Brees, and Phillip Rivers of the world based on looks, culture, relatability, conventional wisdom about Quarterbacks...who knows. But like I said in another thread, Wilson will have to work twice as hard to get a general consensus amongst fans and media.

That bias is a large reason why Rodgers got in over Wilson. It almost seems as if Russ is being punished for exceeding their expectations once drafted. He was apparently destined to be a career backup

Side Note: I actually have no issue with Marty. He’s a fan of Russ and overall is usually fair. Pointing out that Russ missed a few things should be water cooler talk, and not a petty attempt to further dismiss Wilson, like OP seems to be doing

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tical21":2phpceqj said:
Uncle Si":2phpceqj said:

So, to be clear, you post an article from someone critical of RW who wrote an article that wasnt critical 3 weeks prior and this was meant to prove some point?

Matty seems to be offering week by week analysis, which is fair and much appreciated. Any loss will most likely bring players under a critical eye.

you have posted it as some proof of RW's status, when its merely a reflection of a week of play.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3h8d4eg2 said:
Tical21":3h8d4eg2 said:
Uncle Si":3h8d4eg2 said:

So, to be clear, you post an article from someone critical of RW who wrote an article that wasnt critical 3 weeks prior and this was meant to prove some point?

Matty seems to be offering week by week analysis, which is fair and much appreciated. Any loss will most likely bring players under a critical eye.

you have posted it as some proof of RW's status, when its merely a reflection of a week of play.
I did?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TreeRon":6vhzkk9t said:
From Linkedin

"Matty Brown is an Emmy-nominated filmmaker based in Seattle, Washington. He travels the world making various creative projects: documentaries, music videos, commercials, museum installations, art films and travel/tourism productions, and is now writing, directing, and producing short films."

Lots of football cred here. About as much as any of us.

His football vocabulary is about four notches higher than anyone in here, that's for sure. Unless you like to discuss in great length about clamps, Tampa 2's, and low-high reads, and I just missed it. (Which hell, maybe I did.)