Replacing Janikowski?

vonstout

Reaction score
If he can’t go next week, do they replace him? He’s about 80% for his career. Do you get Forbath or Santos

Hawkpower

Reaction score
vonstout":2ka08hus said:
If he can’t go next week, do they replace him? He’s about 80% for his career. Do you get Forbath or Santos

I'm all for replacing him either way. He is becoming a liability.

sutz

Reaction score
He was pretty gimpy out there, especially after the hit.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Not to sure yet,I'm not a big fan of Santos , but I do know one thing, in the draft I hope we pick up a new kicker. Sea bass missing a little to much for my taste

kf3339

Reaction score
sutz":10nity26 said:
He was pretty gimpy out there, especially after the hit.

Yep. I'm thinking we see some kickers in this week for some competition. Who know?

Wartooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know?
Bass ain't no athlete, never was...
But, him missing, and not being able to help on kick returns is adding up.
Can Dickson do it with back up QB holding?

LTH

Reaction score
Naw... Give him a shot of polish vodka ... He"ll be fine LOL

LTH

Vesuve

Reaction score
SlickRick":1fzcyfid said:
Not to sure yet,I'm not a big fan of Santos , but I do know one thing, in the draft I hope we pick up a new kicker. Sea bass missing a little to much for my taste

The scouts will be scanning for kickers for the next draft, I assume.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There's no way they keep him past this season. I don't know what there going to do for next week they should probably bring in another kicker. You can't go into the playoffs with Seabass as the only kicker available that just wouldn't be smart after what we saw last night, but we'll just have to see what happens I suppose.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
The Out of Shape Over The Hill Can't Kick a Can Kicker needs to go! He's really a liability... Hope we find someone soon! :irishdrinkers:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We had a pro bowl kicker on the roster in summer. Just quit making stupid decisions about the kicker and make it a true competition. No need to necessarily draft someone.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Unless SeaBass is physically unable to play, I'd stick with him through the end of this season. If he comes up gimpy mid-game, let Dickson drop kick in his place. Waive SeaBass in the Spring, and bring in some new blood for summer camp. He is pretty worthless on kick coverage, he's like a block of granite.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Like with the young Pro Bowl kicker they cut to keep Him?

BigMeach

Reaction score
Mad Dog":imy01p6n said:
We had a pro bowl kicker on the roster in summer. Just quit making stupid decisions about the kicker and make it a true competition. No need to necessarily draft someone.
I remember you calling that in the preseason too. Trying to find the quote... man you really know your stuff.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Myers has been terrible recently and his pedigree wasn't great. A lot of hindsight talent scouting going on.

If we had gone with myers and he missed a few then the story would have been why did we get rid of the experienced vet?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3bhb9rfa said:
Myers has been terrible recently and his pedigree wasn't great. A lot of hindsight talent scouting going on.

If we had gone with myers and he missed a few then the story would have been why did we get rid of the experienced vet?

Could have gone either way, so I'm not going to say Myers would have done much better. But Janikowski has had really bad timing when he makes a mistake. And he's missed some real easy stuff he should have hit with all his experience. Dude probably crushed too many beer cans on his head over the years.

This team could have worse, but his negatives tend to outweigh his positives so hopefully they can get a better kicker this offseason.

chris98251

Reaction score
They wanted leg and someone that would nit get rattled, Janikowski is about the most unrattlable kicker out there, you can't get in his head he just kicks and then goes to the bench, nothing phases him.

Sharp contrast to Walsh, oh of you want to know Tom Dempsey wasn't the most physical specimen in the world either. Janikowski has been battling some injuries I think for a while in his defense a back problem is how we got him in the first place.

Blindside

Reaction score
I don't think now is the time to replace, but if there is anyone out there who is as steady as Seabass was, it wouldn't hurt to consider. SB has missed point after kicks and less than 50yd FGs which cost us the SF game and could have cost us the Chiefs game as well.