Second Most Scoring in Team History

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The Seahawks are averaging 26.7 points per game — 2nd most in franchise history (behind only 2005’s 28.2). They need to score 23 points against Arizona to finish the season with the second most points in team history.

Thank you, Pete Carroll, for making a terrific change in the direction of the offense. The improvement from the last couple years is undeniable, even by some of the heartiest of haters. Thank you, Mike Solari, for helping to improve the offensive line, in particular helping them overcome numerous injuries. And thank you, Brian Schottenheimer, for the team’s best play calling of the Carroll era. #1 rushing offense in the NFL. #3 in passing efficiency (behind only New Orleans and Kansas City).

SlickRick

Reaction score
Yes yes yes great thread. You summed it up perfectly hawk nation !!!

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Just calculated it. They need to score 51 points against Arizona to match the scoring output from the historic 2005 season.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2swolnme said:
Just calculated it. They need to score 51 points against Arizona to match the scoring output from the historic 2005 season.
Make it so!!

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
2016 Seahawks offense
22.1 points per game (T-18th in the NFL)
99.4 rushing yards per game (25th in the NFL)
99.4 passing rating (13th in the NFL)

2017 Seahawks offense
22.9 points per game (15th in the NFL)
101.8 rushing yards per game (23rd in the NFL)
94.4 passing rating (9th in the NFL)

Scottemheimer and Solari were A+ hires. The one-year turnaround in offensive scoring, rushing, and passing efficiency has been extraordinary.

2018 Seahawks offense
26.7 points per game (6th in the NFL)
158.5 rushing yards per game (1st in the NFL)
112.7 passing rating (3rd in the NFL)

-2nd highest points per game in franchise history and most of the Carroll era.
-Most rushing yards per game in the NFL.
-Highest team passer rating in franchise history.

As OC, Schottenheimer has accomplished this despite numerous injuries. Doug Baldwin has been limited by numerous injuries all season, making this the weakest receiving corps of Wilson’s career (factor in the departures of Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson). #1 RB Chris Carson has battled through numerous injuries. First round pick Rashaad Penny missed most of the preseason and the last two games due to injury. Solari has done a phenomenal job overcoming the constant injuries to offensive linemen D.J. Fluker, Fluker’s backup Jordan Simmons (who had to be IR’d), Germain Ifedi has been injured, J.R. Sweezy is injured, etc.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think a big part of the equation besides the other things mentioned is the importance of moving on from players who no longer have bought in - for whatever the reason. I won't name names, we all know who, but I cannot understate enough the difference when that negative energy leaves the locker room being replaced with an infusion of youth who not only have the talent to succeed under the right program and culture but the WANT TO.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Aros":jvzqvr72 said:
I think a big part of the equation besides the other things mentioned is the importance of moving on from players who no longer have bought in - for whatever the reason. I won't name names, we all know who, but I cannot understate enough the difference when that negative energy leaves the locker room being replaced with an infusion of youth who not only have the talent to succeed under the right program and culture but the WANT TO.

Exactly! We traded the useless "What's in it for me" mindset for the successful "I'm IN"

D

DomeHawk

I predicted at the start of the season that we would need to average at least 26 points a game to get into the playoffs. This wasn't exactly a visionary nor a far-fetched idea but was simply based upon the fact that we no longer had an elite defense.

sdog1981

Reaction score
2015 Team averaged 26.4 points per game
378.6 Yards per game
141 yards rushing per game
236 Passing yards per game

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3ghf186c said:
The Seahawks are averaging 26.7 points per game — 2nd most in franchise history (behind only 2005’s 28.2). They need to score 23 points against Arizona to finish the season with the second most points in team history.

Thank you, Pete Carroll, for making a terrific change in the direction of the offense. The improvement from the last couple years is undeniable, even by some of the heartiest of haters. Thank you, Mike Solari, for helping to improve the offensive line, in particular helping them overcome numerous injuries. And thank you, Brian Schottenheimer, for the team’s best play calling of the Carroll era. #1 rushing offense in the NFL. #3 in passing efficiency (behind only New Orleans and Kansas City).

Does that include points by the defense and special teams? Or do we fall in line with the media at large and dismiss them as a neglected cast of extras?

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Jville":191d7nbq said:
hawknation2018":191d7nbq said:

Does that include points by the defense and special teams? Or do we fall in line with the media at large and dismiss them as a neglected cast of extras?
Those numbers are based on all points scored collectively. I never understood why they lump in defensive TDs when trying to display stats of the offense of any given team. Been that way forever so don’t expect it to change.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
SEAHAWKS Offensive TDs per game
2005 - 3.2
2018 - 3.1

2003 - 2.8
2015 - 2.7
2012 - 2.7
2014 - 2.6
2013 - 2.5
2004 - 2.5
2007 - 2.4
2006 - 2.2

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":188zrgmk said:
Jville":188zrgmk said:
hawknation2018":188zrgmk said:

Those numbers are based on all points scored collectively. I never understood why they lump in defensive TDs when trying to display stats of the offense of any given team. Been that way forever so don’t expect it to change.

SEAHAWKS offensive points per game
2005 - 26.1
2018 - 25.9

2013 - 24.0
2015 - 23.8
2003 - 23.6
2012 - 23.6
2014 - 23.6

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/o ... 2018-12-30

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Aros":3acun2un said:
I don't know why, but there has always been a half-life to the buy-in for PC's rah-rah motivation strategy. Guys buy into it less as they get older. That's why I cringe if Baldwin ever looks peeved on the sideline.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Another thing that is so impressive about this turnaround is this being Schottenheimer’s first season with the Seahawks. Typically, it takes offensive coordinators a couple years to reach their potential in a new program.

We don’t know how much of his offense Schottenheimer has been able to install yet. They kept 70% of the Bevell/Cable playbook intact in order to simplify things during the off-season. Schottenheimer is a run game guru (the Jets were also #1 in rushing when he was their OC). It’s likely that most of the initial changes that were made to the playbook came from the running game. It’s going to be really exciting to see the changes Schottenheimer will make to the passing playbook in his second year as OC.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2vnmw6o7 said:
Aros":2vnmw6o7 said:
I don't know why, but there has always been a half-life to the buy-in for PC's rah-rah motivation strategy. Guys buy into it less as they get older. That's why I cringe if Baldwin ever looks peeved on the sideline.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that’s so overplayed. When players get older, they tend to become less good at football, generally.

Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner have been in Carroll’s program for seven years and are having arguably their best season ever. They also have the most wins if their first seven seasons of any QB or LB in NFL history.

Doug Baldwin is not having a good statistical year because he’s dealing with a large number of injuries (another thing that tends to happen when players get older).

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2fyyufzg said:
I predicted at the start of the season that we would need to average at least 26 points a game to get into the playoffs. This wasn't exactly a visionary nor a far-fetched idea but was simply based upon the fact that we no longer had an elite defense.

We lead the league in turnmovers and pressures on third down were in the top portion of percentile, we are also in top third in scoring.

We may not be the top defense but we are also not scrap heap by any means and are only going to get better.

toffee

Reaction score
#1 rushing offense in the NFL. #3 in passing efficiency (behind only New Orleans and Kansas City).

Eat your hearts out Kyle shannihan and McVay. So much for geniuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellyman

Reaction score
Solari working with this line compared to what they used to look like shows difference between crap coaching and good coaching.

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawknation2018":26i9igcf said:
SEAHAWKS offensive points per game
2005 - 26.1
2018 - 25.9

2013 - 24.0
2015 - 23.8 SHOULD BE 26.4

How are you screwing up the 2015 numbers?

16 games they scored 423 points 423/16=26.4375 or 26.4 points per game

2005 Seahawks

482 points /16 games = 28.3