Seahawks Vs Cardinals Start or Rest ?

SlickRick

Reaction score
Is Pete resting starters to not risk injury, since the hawks are in the dance ? Or is he going for 10-6 ?

Personally I wouldn't risk injury,but I don't own the team or make the decisions. I'd give starters a rest & treat it like a bye week. Give back ups playing time & see what you have talent wise

Getting ready for a playoff run needs a full healthy to semi healthy crew

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Once we rest the injured, we'll have to start the healthy starters to field a team.

Especially on the OL. It's going to be cobbled together with Fluker, Ifedi, Sweezy all banged up. May have to start Hunt at Center, Britt at LG and Pocic at RG to field a competent group.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Snap counts will be controlled, especially those with little nagging injuries, but everyone will play.

It's the Pete Carroll way.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1gubm3kg said:
Snap counts will be controlled, especially those with little nagging injuries, but everyone will play.

It's the Pete Carroll way.

Games like these always worried me, don't want one of the main pieces getting injured. I really hope if they play carson, it's just for a down or two.

Don't need him getting hurt & then there goes the run game. But you are right hockey guy you are right

mikeak

Reaction score
5th seed matters big time - need to avoid the Saints as long as possible

So you play starters until you see on the scoreboard that Vikings is losing then you can rest starters

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I think you sit McDougald, Baldwin, Fluker, Sweezy, Penny, and give Mike Davis the bulk of the carries. Play everyone else.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
mikeak":2cnkv67y said:

So you play starters until you see on the scoreboard that Vikings is losing then you can rest starters

You are right mike, just got the case of the worries but you are right

kf3339

Reaction score
Rest anyone that is dealing with injuries of any sort. The other starters should be done by the first part of the second half with hopefully a strong lead. There is nothing really gained by going for blood to me, but I don't make those decisions.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why rest and lose because your rusty like the Colts always did..Besides there is a higher seed to play for

HawkGA

Reaction score
mikeak":2pgnbpcd said:

Barring a miracle, it's the Saints in round 2 regardless. Only way that doesn't happen is if the Vikings/Eagles upset the Bears as the sixth seed. Or, well, if Seattle loses in the first round then they'll be avoiding the Saints for quite some time.

nwHawk

Reaction score
As Pete would say... you play to win the game. With young guys you absolutely try to keep the 1-0 mindset.

We may see bodies shuffling but we are at home and need to close out with momentum. Book it.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
HawkGA":24va1xu1 said:
mikeak":24va1xu1 said:

Barring a miracle, it's the Saints in round 2 regardless. Only way that doesn't happen is if the Vikings/Eagles upset the Bears as the sixth seed. Or, well, if Seattle loses in the first round then they'll be avoiding the Saints for quite some time.

Help me understand your reasoning. We are the #5 seed, if we knock off Dallas in the WC we would then play the Rams as the #2 seed. What am I missing?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3ba7u08m said:
HawkGA":3ba7u08m said:
mikeak":3ba7u08m said:

Help me understand your reasoning. We are the #5 seed, if we knock off Dallas in the WC we would then play the Rams as the #2 seed. What am I missing?

If the #3 seed wins, they would play the #2 seed. The #1 seed would play the lowest remaining seed.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
The consensus is to play the starters so be it , lets win the whole d-amn thing. That's the only thing left to do !!!

:irishdrinkers:

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkGA":2ricgak6 said:
mikeak":2ricgak6 said:

What am I missing

If Saints is 1 and Rams is 2 Bears 3 and Dallas 4

Then we play Dallas in the first game

Wouldn't we get the Rams in the second game? Or is there re-seeding?

EDIT: Nevermind - I see you noted it above -- thanks. I didn't realize it was the lowest remaining seed

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
mikeak":zjpsojoy said:
HawkGA":zjpsojoy said:
mikeak":zjpsojoy said:

What am I missing

If Saints is 1 and Rams is 2 Bears 3 and Dallas 4

Then we play Dallas in the first game

Wouldn't we get the Rams in the second game? Or is there re-seeding?

EDIT: Nevermind - I see you noted it above -- thanks. I didn't realize it was the lowest remaining seed

I could actually see us getting the Rams in the second round if the Eagles make it as the #6 seed instead of the Vikings.

This is very possible but the Bears can control that though if they want to although I doubt they do that.

D

DomeHawk

mikeak":27oxj5je said:

^^^^^Yep!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We have to do everything possible to beat Arizona so we get the 5 and play Dallas in the 1st round. Playing at Dallas is a much better proposition than playing in bad weather against a very good Chicago team.

TwilightError

Reaction score
No way Pete rests anyone. He believes in cohesion and momentum. And I believe in Pete.