Burleson:This is a better running game than with Lynch

sutz

Reaction score
He has a point. I think our O-line is probably better than it ever was with Marsh back there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can only imagine what Beast Mode would be doing behind our current line, with Schotty as OC. Not that he's been an amazing OC to my mind, but absolutely better than Bevell.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ydbkqkw said:
I can only imagine what Beast Mode would be doing behind our current line, with Schotty as OC. Not that he's been an amazing OC to my mind, but absolutely better than Bevell.

Kermit the frog would be better than Bevell. Schotty has done some incredible work.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Definitely encompasses a big group of improvement for the offensive side of the ball. Schotty can scheme a good running game, Solari has turned the worst offensive line group into a formidable unit, Russell doesn't get murdered every drop back. It's a shame really... Some of Marshawn's best games were him running through defenders in the backfield cause Cable had no idea how to design a run game.

knownone

Reaction score
I like Burleson but this is one of the dumber things he's said. The 2014 Seahawks were one of the best rushing teams in modern NFL history. They are top 5 all-time in rushing efficiency in terms of DVOA at 29.0%. For perspective, this year's Seahawks are at just 3.1%, the Rams have an incredibly efficient rushing attack and they are at 23.4%. Seriously, Wilson damn near ran for 1000 yards that year and his rushing threat made Beastmode even more unstoppable.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":3lrw5wlc said:
I like Burleson but this is one of the dumber things he's said. The 2014 Seahawks were one of the best rushing teams in modern NFL history. They are top 5 all-time in rushing efficiency in terms of DVOA at 29.0%. For perspective, this year's Seahawks are at just 3.1%, the Rams have an incredibly efficient rushing attack and they are at 23.4%. Seriously, Wilson damn near ran for 1000 yards that year and his rushing threat made Beastmode even more unstoppable.

This line would have given Lynch steps on the defense and he could have aded huge amounts of yards to his total, he was a anomaly and made the line look better then it was, Okung and Unger were the two solid pieces when Oking wasn't Super Gluing his ankle together.

If you need someone to stack a stat sheet to show you a metric that suits your arguement fine, it's obvious your eyes can't see whats going on then.

Most here credit Lynch with the running game and the Read option for spreading the field along with Wilsons break out for keeping a defense off balance.

But it was not the O line and it was circumstansial due to the implementation of the Read option.

That has been since figured out and countered.

You could then say the years of Jones. Hutch, Tobeck, Grey and Locklear were a worse line using your standard.

themunn

Reaction score
Truth be told - he hasn't done it long enough yet to take any kind of mantle, but I firmly believe Carson has the ability, tenacity and power to match Lynch step for step if he can continue his development

A bold shout, yes! But he is showing the necessary glimpses...

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
They’re close Statistically. It’ll be fun to see Carson continue to develop.

knownone

Reaction score
chris98251":7vu2kmeq said:
knownone":7vu2kmeq said:

This line would have given Lynch steps on the defense and he could have aded huge amounts of yards to his total, he was a anomaly and made the line look better then it was, Okung and Unger were the two solid pieces when Oking wasn't Super Gluing his ankle together.

If you need someone to stack a stat sheet to show you a metric that suits your arguement fine, it's obvious your eyes can't see whats going on then.

Most here credit Lynch with the running game and the Read option for spreading the field along with Wilsons break out for keeping a defense off balance.

But it was not the O line and it was circumstansial due to the implementation of the Read option.

That has been since figured out and countered.

You could then say the years of Jones. Hutch, Tobeck, Grey and Locklear were a worse line using your standard.
Did you even watch the video?

Burleson says the running game is better than it was with Marshawn. This isn't a debate about which offensive line is better. The question is which rushing attack is better. I think it's 2014.

You disagree with me for reasons that don't fit the context of the video or what I expressed in my post. I have no problem debating the merits of my post or my opinions. I just have no idea where you are coming from on this one.

getnasty

Reaction score
Russ ablitliy to run the ball back then is what made that running game better, if we're just talking running backs then yeah maybe there something to that.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
No, way too soon to be saying "better than Lynch."

It's been great this season but we'll need at least another season of durable running before comparing it to the best of the Beastmode era.

Carson is awesome. I'm a big fan and feel his attitude is much less high-maintenance than Lynch but the jury is still out on how long Carson can play w/o serious injury slowing him down. Lynch absorbed an enormous amount of playing time and just kept going and going and going.