Special Teams is absolutely dreadful

Polk738

Reaction score
Seriously, this is the worst game I've even seen them play, two blocked punts, one returned for a TD, awful kick return coverage-if it wasn't for the ST today this game isn't even close, the only saving grace was Dickson and SeaBass (for once) Brian Schneider needs to go.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Polk738":1jpp1tb2 said:
Seriously, this is the worst game I've even seen them play, two blocked punts, one returned for a TD, awful kick return coverage-if it wasn't for the ST today this game isn't even close, the only saving grace was Dickson and SeaBass (for once) Brian Schneider needs to go.

Wow, confident it's the coach? Can you elaborate?

Cartire

Reaction score
It was a bad game. Yep. It can happen. This was an extreme. Let's not throw everything away because a single outlier was negative.

Mediocre, luke warm take, Seabass is done. Old man is tired.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Kick coverage has been horrible lately. Not just today. The blocked punts may have been due to the shuffle on the offensive line due to injury. We need this straightened out now because this has cost us a game before and now the stakes are even higher.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
I look at the common denominator in this situation, ST cost us the playoffs last season, this year it's cost us the 9ers game, it nearly cost us this one-it's been on the decline the last four seasons, I'm done with Schneider.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
They don't call them "special" teams for nothing!

Still, another entertaining game from one of the most entertaining Seahawk seasons ever.

A little ugly but a lot of fun.

Yeah, we've all taken one of those home a time or ten...

MrThortan

Reaction score
The major factor in this game seemed to be the special team's play of Arizona. To blocked punts, one for a td. A huge punt return. Punting the ball to the one yard line.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":14gxjlfm said:
Kick coverage has been horrible lately. Not just today. The blocked punts may have been due to the shuffle on the offensive line due to injury. We need this straightened out now because this has cost us a game before and now the stakes are even higher.

The OL wasn't even out there for the blocked punts, that's an entirely different group

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
MrThortan":326wqs3r said:
The major factor in this game seemed to be the special team's play of Arizona. To blocked punts, one for a td. A huge punt return. Punting the ball to the one yard line.

That right side was getting destroyed on the punts, they could've easily had 3 on some of those

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Time for a new ST coach, they've been below average all year, but this was gawdawful.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Leee-roy":1j4g5cgd said:
Time for a new ST coach, they've been below average all year, but this was gawdawful.

Apparently it's already in the works per Schotty's demands.

And when Schotty speaks Pete listens.

Why?

Because Schotty ball is good ball.

GO HAWKS!!!!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":i27omp8u said:

It wasn't the OL - on both Hill got overpowered by his rusher. Griffin should have helped him on the second one.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
He should've left with Cable and Bevel I thought it was odd that with all the coaching changes that happened he stuck around

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":darziyho said:
Year of The Hawk":darziyho said:

It wasn't the OL - on both Hill got overpowered by his rusher. Griffin should have helped him on the second one.

I knew Griffin was a part of that but I couldn't see who the other dude was, I was almost screaming for them to put Fant out there on that right side

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
On the 1st I saw Hill get beat by #82 coming off the edge. Griffin should have helped.

2nd one, #94 came through the A gap, beating whomever was in there. Hill and Griffen were not especially effective in the backfield, but with so much immediate penetration the damage was done before they got to him.

I dunno. ST overall need some tightening up at the very least.

BigMeach

Reaction score
semiahmoo":qym3nan8 said:
Leee-roy":qym3nan8 said:

Apparently it's already in the works per Schotty's demands.

And when Schotty speaks Pete listens.

Why?

Because Schotty ball is good ball.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Link?