FIFTH SEED

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, and as it turned out, we didn't need the win to get it, but winning 10 is so much better than winning 9.

:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
sutz":2k03ey1i said:
Yeah, and as it turned out, we didn't need the win to get it, but winning 10 is so much better than winning 9.

For some reason I like to beat the Cardinals.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hockey Guy":2z8msvya said:
sutz":2z8msvya said:

For some reason I like to beat the Cardinals.

For sure! Always good to beat a division opponent. Always good to get double digit wins. Those are the things to me that make a successful regular season:

1. Make the playoffs. Most important thing in the regular season. That's what you play for--a chance to go to the dance and take it all.

2. Win the division. Not as important as just getting in the playoffs, but close. You're assured a playoff spot and a better one at that if you win, but you don't have to win the division to play in the postseason.

3. Total wins. This helps #1 and #2 tremendously, of course, but wins are wins. And wins get you to the dance.

4. Division wins. Even in a horrible year, division wins are satisfying, and they definitely help #1 and #2. Two wins against the Rams this year instead of two losses would have given us a division title and the 3rd seed instead of the 5th in the playoffs.

sutz

Reaction score
Division wins are basically like 1.5 wins, since you hand a rival a loss in the standings. And since there are only 6 of them, it really pays to do well in your division.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
In addition to the Seahawks beating Dallas, it would really be nice if the Eagles would upset the Bears. That would send the Seahawks to L.A. for a 3rd matchup.

SlickRick

Reaction score
10-6 ,5th seed Wild card spot

Sounds pretty dam-n good right now

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
In a perfect world the NFC is full of upsets leading to a 5 vs 6 NFC final :D

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Going into the playoffs losing at home in front of the 12s that stood by you all year to the worse team in the NFL would have been awful. A real momentum killer. We needed this win despite the Vikings game.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":1pkvmaa7 said:
Going into the playoffs losing at home in front of the 12s that stood by you all year to the worse team in the NFL would have been awful. A real momentum killer. We needed this win despite the Vikings game.

And it kept the Whiners from getting the #1 pick. :D

sutz

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2kc3mqoq said:
Has that ever happened? I know Pete just loves to do shit that nobody else has. :twisted:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawknation2018":3grssd8f said:
SPIRITOF12":3grssd8f said:

But it gave it to another division rival. Still, I think draft pick order is a touch overrated, and a win against a division rival, no matter how terrible the team or the win, especially at home, is huge.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":21et69sv said:
hawknation2018":21et69sv said:
SPIRITOF12":21et69sv said:

But it gave it to another division rival. Still, I think draft pick order is a touch overrated, and a win against a division rival, no matter how terrible the team or the win, especially at home, is huge.

Hoping the Cardinals will trade down with someone other than the Niners, keeping Nick Bosa away from both teams.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":4bjjomij said:
Seahawk Sailor":4bjjomij said:
hawknation2018":4bjjomij said:
SPIRITOF12":4bjjomij said:

Hoping the Cardinals will trade down with someone other than the Niners, keeping Nick Bosa away from both teams.

You rarely make big deals for players of that caliber in your own division, Conference is even something you would rather not do. Suffice it to say there are a lot of AFC teams that need help, Bills, Jets, Dolphins alone in one division, Bengals and Browns as well and then you have the Raiders with a lot of draft capital.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
sutz":flm5s24d said:
HawkRiderFan":flm5s24d said:
Has that ever happened? I know Pete just loves to do shit that nobody else has. :twisted:

Not that I can recall. Since this playoff format the lowest 2 seeds I can remember in the NFC final was the Cardinal vs Eages, where the Cards were either a 3 or a 4 (I think 4) and the Eagles were a 5 or 6.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":1nuioc7d said:
HawkRiderFan":1nuioc7d said:

This would be amazing. I don’t think it’s realistic but it was one of the reasons I wanted the 5 spot no matter which team we had to play. One more home NFC championship at home for Paul Allen.