Pete Carroll just wins

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Season in and season out, we're always in competition. Winningest coach in Seahawks history, and now we can add more double digit-win seasons than all the rest of the coaches put together.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1079536446195691521[/tweet]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OC needs a talking to after that.

Too many of those offensive games down the stretch.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Uncle Si":uvnc55it said:

Meh we ran for over 150 yards. We need to upgrade our OL depth that's the change we need.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3491rpu8 said:

Here’s how the talk should go: “Good job.”

#1 Rushing offense in the NFL
#1 Passing efficiency in franchise history
#2 Scoring offense in franchise history

In the 2nd half of the season (final eight games), the Seahawks averaged 30.0 points per game.

hawk45

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3vyzvaks said:
Uncle Si":3vyzvaks said:

In the 2nd half of the season (final eight games), the Seahawks averaged 30.0 points per game.

Yeah, the OL has been great, and so has the rushing attack. I get that some fans want a quick passing attack when the OL isn't playing great (like this game) but I remember when our OL playing a crappy game meant 13 points.

Pete wants to run the ball and throw deep. Seems to me like within those constraints, the OC we have is a pretty darned good fit. I mean red zone O is a thousand times better than it has been, and a large part of that is Schottenheimer just says "welp, time for Carson."

I still have to remind myself that this is the same team who couldn't get on the board in the first half in years past. That has completely vanished under this OC with this line.

We looked like puke against the 9ers and for a good portion of the Cards game, but we've looked great when we needed to against top tier competition. We outflew Mahomes for goodness sake. This is the right combination of coaches.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawknation2018":27ets4cp said:
Uncle Si":27ets4cp said:

The talk, with the wins secured and playoffs looming, should go "the OC needs a better plan B when plan A isnt working."

Seems fair. The struggles against the Vikings, 9ers and Cardinals, if repeated, will cost the team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":35exe1cm said:
hawknation2018":35exe1cm said:
Uncle Si":35exe1cm said:

The talk, with the wins secured and playoffs looming, should go "the OC needs a better plan B when plan A isnt working."

Seems fair. The struggles against the Vikings, 9ers and Cardinals, if repeated, will cost the team.

I think this is partially due to his Dad, he was a pretty strict disiplinary type coach and once you have a plan you stick to it unless told otherwise. Pete has to let go the leash and let him know it's ok to change up things.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":2lipjx18 said:
Uncle Si":2lipjx18 said:
hawknation2018":2lipjx18 said:
Uncle Si":2lipjx18 said:

Yeah makes sense.

And i get that folks want to focus on the positives. Scolari deserves alot of the credit here. Schotty nreds to be more inventive ss they head into the playoffs and next year.

I think this is partially due to his Dad, he was a pretty strict disiplinary type coach and once you have a plan you stick to it unless told otherwise. Pete has to let go the leash and let him know it's ok to change up things.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SlickRick":3gf0nnx0 said:
In Pete we trust

Absolutely... just been a little frustrated with the inconsistency of the offense at times as the season wore on.