Ed Dickson

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
He’s been a pleasant surprise. I don’t think I’ve seen him drop a ball. He doesn’t have the big numbers but he seems to make the most of every opportunity. He blocks very well and when targeted he fights for the tough yard. Maybe they try and bring him back next year paired with Dissly, and Vannett. Solid group. I sure don’t miss that other guy.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They seem content to use him primarily for his blocking skills but he needs to be in the passing game plan period. Dude has mad skills and his hands are silly soft.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Does great community work with Russell too. I think he’ll pair very well with Dissly

sutz

Reaction score
Certainly a great add. I agree, sign him to a multi year. Hoping Dissly bounces back well, but it might take more than one year. Dickson would be great insurance. And like you say, he's the full package.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3tr1yeq2 said:
He’s been a pleasant surprise. I don’t think I’ve seen him drop a ball. He doesn’t have the big numbers but he seems to make the most of every opportunity. He blocks very well and when targeted he fights for the tough yard. Maybe they try and bring him back next year paired with Dissly, and Vannett. Solid group. I sure don’t miss that other guy.
Yes, I think he has been a solid TE for us. We have him under contract next year as well. I think his cap hit next year is under $2M, which would be a good value IMO.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He's helped shape our record. Clutch plays in some tight games.

chris98251

Reaction score
Threesome of Vannett, Dissley and Dickson would be a nice TE set.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":7lbffedg said:
Threesome of Vannett, Dissley and Dickson would be a nice TE set.
Agreed, but I haven't heard much about Dissly's status. Last I heard it was one of those 'career threatening' injuries. The docs get better and better, so I'm hoping for a full recovery, but I kind of doubt he'll be 100% next season.

Still sounds like a great TE group for our offensive system. :2thumbs:

Atradees

Reaction score
Dickson was good with the Panthers. An under the radar type. Does he want to stay? Not many balls to go around.

sutz

Reaction score
Atradees":1glpp0zg said:
Dickson was good with the Panthers. An under the radar type. Does he want to stay? Not many balls to go around.
He's been saying all the right things when interviewed. He seems like he knows his role, which mainly includes blocking in the run game, while getting a few targets in the passing game. To me, he reads like a real team guy.

I haven't heard that he is dis-satisified. I also have to believe he discussed his role when he signed on. He didn't have to come here. A lot of teams would love an all around TE like Dickson.

mikeak

Reaction score
sutz":2byfpqhi said:
Atradees":2byfpqhi said:
He's been saying all the right things when interviewed. He seems like he knows his role, which mainly includes blocking in the run game, while getting a few targets in the passing game. To me, he reads like a real team guy.

I haven't heard that he is dis-satisified. I also have to believe he discussed his role when he signed on. He didn't have to come here. A lot of teams would love an all around TE like Dickson.

Not for $3.3M per year

chris98251

Reaction score
mikeak":33uqxld9 said:
sutz":33uqxld9 said:
Atradees":33uqxld9 said:

Not for $3.3M per year

Cheap for a every down TE versus paying 2 guys and taking up a roster spot to do the same thing one guy can do, 10.0 million for a tall WR that would not block was the waste.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":8j45r36d said:
mikeak":8j45r36d said:
sutz":8j45r36d said:
Atradees":8j45r36d said:

Not for $3.3M per year

Cheap for a every down TE versus paying 2 guys and taking up a roster spot to do the same thing one guy can do, 10.0 million for a tall WR that would not block was the waste.

And Pawn stars of Green Bay is wondering how we were able to let him go so cheap. LOL

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Dissly per one of the beat reporters has been seen catching passes off the jugs machine after practice last couple weeks. I’m sure it helps the Team Doctors having prior experience rehabilitating that type of injury with Graham. I expect Dissly to be pup’d, come back around 75% mid-season and work his way back to 100% in his 3rd off-season.

sutz

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":6gimgyig said:
Dissly per one of the beat reporters has been seen catching passes off the jugs machine after practice last couple weeks. I’m sure it helps the Team Doctors having prior experience rehabilitating that type of injury with Graham. I expect Dissly to be pup’d, come back around 75% mid-season and work his way back to 100% in his 3rd off-season.
That would be awesome. Can't hope for much more with an injury like that. Dissly had real promise.